[Staples] Hyken Technical Mesh Task Chair 50%+10% Coupon $128.17 5y warranty

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 3:30 pm
Nov 22, 2015
41 posts
13 upvotes
rupendra76 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 10:57 am
Thanks OP. Bought one , Chair feels very comfortable. Bought with 10% off and extended warranty for $12.99. According to the warranty it will cover manufacture warranty of 5 year + 1 More year . So 6 years coverage for $142 is not bad. Thanks
Sadly that's not the case. From https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/cre/ ... /easycare/ under Furniture Plan (you need to scroll the terms&conditions box down a bit):
Term
The term of the contract begins on day 91 (ninety-one) after date of purchase. For chairs, the term of this contract will begin on day 7 (seven) after date of purchase.
The furniture extended warranty protects against stains and other stuff that a manufacturer warranty would never cover, so it runs at the same time. Since the Hyken's mostly mesh I didn't get one.
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15838 posts
479 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Just another vote saying... this is a great chair! 1 year and going strong, for me. No issues with the headrest, I think it's fine. I'm 5'11".
Oct 2, 2015
320 posts
76 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Just got the chair and set it up. Pretty impressed for the price point. Definitely need to do the headrest mod though.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
2945 posts
781 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Just got back from purchasing this chair. FWIW, they had some printed coupons in-store for the 10% discount so I did not bother with my email. Might be YMMV?

Thanks OP!
Sep 5, 2005
563 posts
147 upvotes
Hi,

I'm thinking to buying this chair and bring it to my work to replace my crappy 10 years old chair they gave me like this one:

Do you think this Hyken chair will hold up well for intensive work usage like 8-10 hours / day?

Thanks
Aug 31, 2017
198 posts
48 upvotes
I got the Montessa and so far I’m happy with it. Don’t need a head rest, and helps my posture better
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2010
1778 posts
178 upvotes
I installed the chair. Average height so head rest is good. Happy first experience
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1240 posts
536 upvotes
Alberta
fuzzione wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 3:14 pm
Have owned mine over a year and for my 5'9" heavy set frame it has performed flawlessly and still looks close to new. Minimum 6 hours use daily. Most comfortable sub $200 chair I have ever used and fits me perfectly, headrest and all. So impressed that I bought a spare during this sale. One thing I did, is bought a gel pad for the seat (goes on sale at CanTire for around $10) and this has enhanced the experience.
I strongly recommend an extra cushion for those complaining about the front edge cutting off circulation. It completely eliminated the issue for me.
Aug 10, 2013
42 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
wellysm wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 10:51 am
What do you think of this compared to : https://www.staples.ca/en/Office-Star-M ... CA_1_20001

I love the mesh chair, but within a year the back mesh sagged a bit, and the bottom part feels hard as a rock after extended sitting periods (3 + hours)
The 5 years warranty will not cover sagging. This is what I afraid of...........I pass!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1240 posts
536 upvotes
Alberta
elitehunter99 wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 3:15 pm

People saying, the headrest digging into their shoulder blades, I feel mine is too far from my neck, shoulder area, I need to really sit upright to make use of the headrest.
I am not sure if people know this...but the head rest not only tilts in 3 different angles but each tilt position also has 3 vertical positions. I initially had an issue with the head rest digging into my shoulders ( I am 6') then I just move the head rest vertically to the highest position and all is perfect.