• Nov 15th, 2017 3:30 pm
Aug 10, 2013
42 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
Maculosa wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 8:41 pm
Hi,

I'm thinking to buying this chair and bring it to my work to replace my crappy 10 years old chair they gave me like this one:

Do you think this Hyken chair will hold up well for intensive work usage like 8-10 hours / day?

Thanks
What do you mean hold up well?
Sagging?
Aug 4, 2012
161 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Hi what's the height of the seat at the lowest position? My desk is short.
Feb 5, 2005
598 posts
48 upvotes
Id say around 17" to the top of the seat and 20.5" to the middle of my leg when the seats at its lowest.
Jul 4, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
ST ALBERT
Tried out the seat at the store and had to walk away. Too bad as it has all the features I wanted but the seat length is too short. I'm 6 foot and long limbed but unfortunately the front edge of the seat cuts across the back of my thighs. No adjustments made it any better. Scanning the thread, I see I'm not the only way to experience this.
Apr 25, 2017
3 posts
Thanks OP!!! I purchased this exact chair last week and Staples was able to price match the difference paid.

As for the chair, it is very comfortable and if youre taller than 6ft theres a quick mod to elevate the headrest.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2414 posts
374 upvotes
stuffluster wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 2:04 pm

...I trusted the reviews and I really, really wanted to like this but sitting in this chair is almost like torture. After about 10 minutes, the front foam under the mesh starts cutting off circulation and the whole chair kind of cups your legs and pushes them inward. Like a bad hammock. Like you can't sit flat. It pushes you to the center. Very uncomfortable...
Perfect summary of my experience with the chair. I sat on it at a Staples store near me and was immediately uncomfortable and as you said, very much like a torturous hammock. The only thing missing is built-in thumb screws.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1451 posts
201 upvotes
Maple
What is the return policy? I could not test before buying. Could I assemble and return in a week if needed ?
Sep 22, 2010
128 posts
45 upvotes
Victoria
corcoran_chris wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 5:12 pm
What is the return policy? I could not test before buying. Could I assemble and return in a week if needed ?
When I asked the guy at my store this question he replied: "Bring it in in one piece, two pieces, or a bunch of pieces with all the packaging etc, and we'll refund in 30 days".

Thanks,
Cal.
May 22, 2015
70 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto, ON
corcoran_chris wrote:
Oct 28th, 2017 5:12 pm
I returned the chair today in 4 pieces - no issues in returning it.

I tried the chair for couple of hours after mod, didn't find it as comfortable as trying it for short time in store.
Aug 25, 2008
349 posts
239 upvotes
I was also trying to like this chair but am running into the very short seat length issue as well as the headrest being too low for me. I was going to do the headrest mod but I think the seat is a deal breaker. Too bad.
Mar 1, 2011
57 posts
20 upvotes
Calgary
Picked up one in Calgary. Great chair for the price with the $10 off on a $100 order. I tried the head rest in the store and it felt pretty good but I elected not to install as I don't have neck/head problems at all. It took a few adjustments to get the lumbar support right but feels so comfortable when setup correctly. I'm 5' 8" with short legs.
Last edited by Hank71 on Oct 29th, 2017 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 21, 2017
8 posts
Thanks OP. Not sure if I really needed one but ordered anyways lol
Dec 11, 2003
749 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
grntea wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 5:31 pm
Thanks OP. Not sure if I really needed one but ordered anyways lol
Spoken like a true rfd'er
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
(shamelessly copied since this is best signature ever)
May 3, 2011
53 posts
2 upvotes
I tried it out in store and it's perfect for extremely short people lol (i'm 5ft haha)... the seat depth is right and the head rest is at right position too, but it's still not comfortable.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1451 posts
201 upvotes
Maple
Im 511 and have it set up perfect. Here are some tips.

Obviously do the headrest mod.

And yoi CAN adjust seat depth so it fits comfortably behind your knees, supporting your legs.

Remember the 3 bolts you used to install the back portion? Remove the two back screws and loosen the front bolt. Slide the entire back portion back untill it stops, the front bolt is in a slot and can move.

The back 2 bolts obviously wont be of use anymore but IMO they are not critical. Yoi can always buy overside washers to catch the lip of that front piexe2 if your worried.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)