Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

iHome iSP6WC SmartPlug 50% off (HomeKit, Alexa, Google assistant, wink...)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2018 11:08 am
Dec 27, 2018
4 posts
9 upvotes

[Staples] iHome iSP6WC SmartPlug 50% off (HomeKit, Alexa, Google assistant, wink...)

I was looking for a smart plug with HomeKit support and saw staples has a clearance on the iHome smart plug with HomeKit, Google, Amazon, IFFT, Wink... The regular price for this is $45-$52. The staples site has it listed for $30, which is 33% off, but I was at the the Parkway Mall location and they had an additional 25% off clearance items, so it worked out to be $22.5 + tax. There were about 15-20 units left at that location, but ymmv in other locations.

Amazon has it on sale now as well for $35 https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01HCVG9NG/

I know there are other other options out there, but not many with HomeKit Support
Images
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 9.30.02 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 9.30.21 PM.png
6 replies
Mar 26, 2015
272 posts
787 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you can't get it on clearance price, then the Wemo smart plug does support HomeKit for the same sale price .

I don't have experience with the iHome smart plug, but I have the iHome smart monitor sensors. When using it with IFTTT, I frequently get 'Applet failed', so it has me questioning the cloud reliability of iHome products.
Mar 25, 2007
186 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 3 of these. Occasionally all 3 would suddenly be unresponsive in homekit and I would have to manually unplug and replug them in. Howwver, I do have a Google Home which I think may be interfering with the Homekit compatibility.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Throw my 2c in as I have 2 of these that i use daily. They're mostly great. In the 6 months i've used them i've had them both fail at the same time once and had to be re-setup, but otherwise they've been flawless with HomeKit. I've had issues with my Google Home but its been with everything controlled via it (even Philips Hue bulbs) so i suspect its more Google than anything else. They also make a "click" noise every time they turn on/off, which isn't a big deal for me.

Their app is pretty basic but it always seems to work.

I got them on sale at BestBuy for ~$25 but would not pay regular price for these. $35 seems fair and if i saw them for $22.50 i'd pick one up just to have a spare.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2006
1754 posts
574 upvotes
I have the isp8 all indicators saying it is connected however in ihome app says it is not connected, tried multiple times same result. Many reviews in play store with people complaining about similar.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes
Have a bunch of the older ISP5 model and they work great with Homekit. I also have the outdoor one that’s used for my Xmas lights and are great. Did originally 2 years ago have the issues with the disconnecting but upgraded my wifi and my 2.4ghz is much stronger and have not had a issue since. FYI these do not support 5ghz wifi
Last edited by Aselwyn1 on Dec 29th, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2960 posts
2337 upvotes
Calgary
I had an older model of this brand and agree with other posters that there were issues with disconnects from HomeKit. I haven’t used Wemo but I would personally recommend TP Link products over these (not natively HomeKit compatible but can be connected to HomeKit via Homebridge if you have a bit of computer know how).