• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2017 6:57 pm
[OP]
Jul 17, 2012
141 posts
61 upvotes
Kamloops

[Staples] Kanto Yuri8 Subwoofer 139.99

lowest i have seen. ok so you can sign up staples newsletter today and also get a 10 off 100 coupon and it will be 139.99 before tax. i think that you cannot go wrong with that price.

i ordered one but didn't realize i can use coupon. Being a big bargain hunter i felt bad for a long time over 10 bucks. but oh well. free shipping at least and it's pretty heavy.

i got the yaro2 deal for 180 before so this will work well with the speakers. still the combo is cost more than audioengine a5+ a few years ago (250 bucks cheapest on ncix), regret selling that one but now i have a 4k monitor and desk will not fit a5+ and these fits perfectly.
28 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
1989 posts
216 upvotes
Thanks, picked one up.. was looking for something low powered in this price range. Pairing with the YU6 rather than the YUMIs.
[OP]
Jul 17, 2012
141 posts
61 upvotes
Kamloops
It should be sold out this time on staples lol. I actually never had a subwoofer this big other than my car 12 inch subwoofer which doesn't sound very good. this one I think it's not too powerful which is good for where I live in a medium size condo.

wonder I can give them a call to use the 10 bucks coupon. can't justify buying something else there today to use that discount.
Oct 16, 2012
880 posts
328 upvotes
Seems like they are out of online stock ... will check local stores to see if they have stock.
[OP]
Jul 17, 2012
141 posts
61 upvotes
Kamloops
Already? Redflagdeals is pretty powerful. They Been trying to get rid of this thing at 179 for a while. Oh well I guess I won't bother with my 10 bucks.
Jan 27, 2007
384 posts
82 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Colin0317 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 6:51 pm
I would like to know this as well..
personally Id recommend this sub. Been using it for 1.5 years now with my desktop, which is overkill but I like bass a lot and its been doing the job just fine..Not exactly sure about home theater but as long as you dont have a massive living room to fill, I'm sure itd be more than enough.

Plus it makes an awesome footrest!

Edit : Cheaper on amazon i t seems - $105

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1581 posts
160 upvotes
NB
Can anyone with subwoofer knowledge chime in on this deal?

Is this worth it?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8137 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
JUST PICK UP A USED HOMETHEATHER SUB ON KIJIJI
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Apr 20, 2005
310 posts
60 upvotes
TL;DR - I'd pay $75 for Yuri.

So I recently tried out a few subs, to add to my YU5s. I didn't want anything too powerful since I live in a condo, but also wanted some noticeable benefit to the sound to justify spending money on it. I gave all of them at least a few days worth of side-by-side use for music, gaming, and movies.

Out of the ones I tried, the Kanto Yuri went back first. It's far too weak in my opinion; even with the audio balance boosted towards lower frequencies I had to have the volume maxed out for it to produce noticeable bass. The bass it did produce was pretty anemic. It barely pushed any air out of it's front firing port. Maybe it would pair better with something like the YU2s. It was $179 at the time.

The PSW10 was on sale for $149 at Best Buy when I was looking for subs. I never got to try the PSW10, but after trying the Yuri I didn't bother. The Yuri is rated at 60W RMS and the PSW10 is 50W RMS.

The one I decided to keep was the Polk Audio PSW111. It was on sale for $198 from Amazon directly at the time(currently $333). I thought it sounded better(seemed to have a more accurate, distinctive range) than the Kanto Sub8 which was $279 at the time. The particular Sub8 I tried also had a rattling from inside its cabinet that basically deemed it defective.
Aug 29, 2015
52 posts
36 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Just poking my head into this thread, if anyone has any questions about the YURI (or our other speakers) feel free to PM me.
[OP]
Jul 17, 2012
141 posts
61 upvotes
Kamloops
Hi Kanto
Just wanted to say I think your company is a good company. The products are good value for money. Canadian company too, Canadians should give lots of support.