[Staples] LG 2.1 soundbar SJ4Y CLEARANCE

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 11:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1610 posts
678 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Great deal. I have listened to this model before in-store and preferred it over the competition. Poster #2 is very misinformed.

Thanks op. Ordered with $10 off email coupon, 3% ebates and air miles.
Jun 15, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
Bought one for grandparents so hopefully it ain't to bad!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2247 posts
1463 upvotes
No Bum Deals
realog wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 2:42 am
That Yamaha remote is from 1987. How old are these refurb models?
32 years old.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Dec 26, 2012
512 posts
344 upvotes
Quebec
The good thing about most LG soundbards is that if you have an LG TV and decide to plug it using an optic cable (or don't have HDMI ARC) the TV and the soundbar will synch together and you won't need the remote from the soundbar.

I have an entry level LAS551H plugged with the optic cable that I bought completely at random and I was surprised when I later found that sound synching (via optic cable) was not a standard feature on most soundbars. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to understand why my father's soundbar would not synch with his TV before googling it. It's not a deal-breaker but it's a convenient nice-to-have for sure.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1310 posts
253 upvotes
I’ve had this for about a year, works really well. I’d say it’s on par with the Vizio that’s sold at Costco. (Except 2.1 instead of 4.1)

This is NOT a super loud 1000w system. I have a condo so it’s a good system for me. Just keep that in mind if you plan to use this in a massive house for parties etc., it might not be loud enough for you. The bass isn’t crazy either, but much better than any tv speakers by miles.

The LG at Costco now no longer has arc. That model only has usb, analog and optical.
Aug 11, 2017
462 posts
227 upvotes
Was this at Costco selling on clearance for $100 recently?
Dec 13, 2016
50 posts
51 upvotes
toronto
for anyone that's getting into audio, I'd recommend just starting out with a pair of bookshelf speakers instead. You'll get a better 'soundstage' since you can separate the speakers further apart than just 35 inches. if you ever want to 'upgrade' a soundbar you basically just have to buy a new one, but with a pair of speakers you can add-on to the system down the line with a subwoofer, center channel, surround speakers, etc.

(just trying to warn others to not make the same mistake I did, lol)
Sep 18, 2018
19 posts
15 upvotes
I have the sj3c, the sound is great with the sub, and it works seamlessly with Alexa and my Samsung TV. Much better than my Vizios IMO, which I'm constantly screwing around with, having to manually change the inputs between TV and Bluetooth. The LG just detects what I'm asking for.

My only frustration is the lack of mounting holes. It's designed to just sit on a shelf, and I'd like to mount it to the bottom of the TV to swing with the TV on its mount. I've yet to spend the time to really figure out an alternate way. The Vizios have mounting holes.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2012
3009 posts
136 upvotes
WINNIPEG, Canada
What soundboard do you guys recommend that has built in subwoofers?
Mar 9, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
Just upgraded to this from the Yamaha YAS-107 - great improvement on clarity and bass, not to mention hi-res support.