Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Comp]

Staples: Logitech Corded M500 Laser Mouse $15.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 7:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
LegobrandonCP wrote: I ended up getting one of these. I plugged it in, let the software/drivers install but now, only leftand right click work, along with scroll wheel and the side back and forward buttons. It seems like the actual laser on the bottom that is malfunctioning.
Were there any markings on the black sides of the mouse?
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
LegobrandonCP wrote: Not that I know of.
Really? Take a look at both sides of the mouse. Is the black area completely blemish free?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
BoxsterS wrote: Really? Take a look at both sides of the mouse. Is the black area completely blemish free?
Actually, it does have some blemishes.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
LegobrandonCP wrote: Actually, it does have some blemishes.
I think they all do. Some water and a little elbow grease buffs them right out.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2761 posts
1830 upvotes
GTA
OOS. :( I should've pulled the trigger on these earlier. I already have one at work and one at home. They're great to use everyday.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
exrcoupe wrote: OOS. :( I should've pulled the trigger on these earlier. I already have one at work and one at home. They're great to use everyday.
I use the Logitech Performance Mouse MX and love the hyper-fast scrolling feature and bought the M500 because it was cheap and also had that option. Using a regular scroll wheel just doesn't cut it anymore after using hyper-fast scrolling. :)
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
Exchanged for a new mouse today at FS. Works great! This time, the box had a "compatible with Windows 8" sticker on it. I need to get used to the Hyper-Fast scrolling, its a bit sensitive IMO.
Oct 31, 2009
388 posts
78 upvotes
BC
LegobrandonCP wrote: Exchanged for a new mouse today at FS. Works great! This time, the box had a "compatible with Windows 8" sticker on it. I need to get used to the Hyper-Fast scrolling, its a bit sensitive IMO.
Did they PM even if OOS?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
yann3804 wrote: Did they PM even if OOS?
Lansdowne FS denied my PM request cause they used their own computer to check the stock status of the mouse. But at Bridgeport FS, I just showed them the price on my phone with no internet connection. >:-D.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
They really need to make this mouse in Gamer edition with on the fly sensitivity switching...and of course high build quality
heatware available upon request
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
I've had my M500 for a week now and it seems good, however today I restarted my Mac Mini computer and only the right button on the mouse worked. I rebooted again and it was OK, although I had to move it around a few seconds before the tracking was recognized. Later the tracking seemed to go a bit insensitive for a few seconds, then it recovered. Before today there were no significant issues.

If problems persist I'll take it back to Staples or contact Logitech support or their forum.

I have a couple of older MX300 optical mice that have been extremely reliable, hoping same for the M500.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2012
1187 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
I used the "hyper scrolling" function for a day. I ended up switching back to the traditional "clicky" scroll wheel.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got my second one and the quality control on this mouse is pretty pathetic. The rubber sides of the mouse have these ugly scratches/blemishes - and these are brand new. Pretty surprised Logitech would allow this to get through. The Logitech G400, on the other hand, was flawless and free of any scratches/blemishes.
Nov 5, 2012
25 posts
TORONTO
I have a logitech game mouse for 6 years and it still goes strong.