Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples Mid-Back Manager's Chair ~$60

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2015 8:09 am
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2009
1118 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Staples Mid-Back Manager's Chair ~$60

Hello hello!

Was in the market for an Office chair, and noticed this on the Staples' website:

http://www.staples.ca/en/Staples-Mid-Ba ... vs_content

It has favorable reviews, a 4/5 based on more than 100 reviews. I'm typing this on the chair as we speak. Much better than my old one! Not bad for ~$60.

Cheers
12 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a chair similar to that from Staples once, after a few months the seat padding became very flat and you could feel the metal, so it was not comfortable at all.

And when I sat in the chair, the seat would angle it's self towards the ground instead of staying flat, so you couldn't really sit in it, and I'm not pretty heavy at all. At the time I was around 150 pounds or so.

Might give this chair a shot though and buy the $6.99 1 year warranty in case this happens.
Dec 1, 2013
483 posts
204 upvotes
I've been looking at this chair for a couple of days.. I'm so tempted to buy it but it's got soo many 1 star reviews, and a lot of the 5 star reviews are only cuz it's a cheap price
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
If you plan on spending at least an hour a day in a desk chair, invest in a well made chair with good support. Your well being is worth more than $60. I used to cheap out on chairs until I developed back pain. It's just not worth it.
Never trust someone who tells you that their favourite show is Corner Gas.
Nov 14, 2013
498 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
Thanks picked up 1 with the warranty :D
Feb 10, 2011
157 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Had this chair for more than a year. It's ok, nothing special. Worth the money at this price.

It's worth noting that the seat back is held on in place by the armrest, not connected to the seat bottom at all (examine the pic carefully). I treat it gently so it works for me but I wouldn't trust it for more intensive use.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2723 posts
2772 upvotes
Toronto
ElHoardo wrote: If you plan on spending at least an hour a day in a desk chair, invest in a well made chair with good support. Your well being is worth more than $60. I used to cheap out on chairs until I developed back pain. It's just not worth it.
What chair do you use now? I'm looking for a good chair to invest in.
Mar 11, 2014
52 posts
23 upvotes
Currently using this chair as my main office chair (sit here seven plus hours a day). Mine is not very good. It quickly developed a squeaking problem and now makes a rough click whenever I tilt back (so annoying I locked it from tilting back). It might be okay at this price, but overall not worth your money.
Aug 8, 2014
456 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I work from home so spend 4-6 hours at my desk, then another 5-7 hours of personal time in front of the computer.

I need a good chair.

Any recommendations?
Jan 10, 2006
498 posts
209 upvotes
Give it a year or so after any prolonged daily use and I guarantee you will be vacuming up little pieces of the bonded leather off your floor on regular basis.

This post has only reminded me that I need to get rid of my garbage staples chair.

Are there any recommendations on a REASONABLY priced chair??? Any office chair for 800 bones better get me laid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)