Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Mid-back Manager's chair $64.98

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2017 7:15 pm
Dec 2, 2013
164 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] Mid-back Manager's chair $64.98

Picked one up this morning at Staples in-store. The sign had the original price and a scan at the cashier had the original price. They checked online and honoured the discount (needed a manager override).

I sat in it at the store and seems very comfy. Reviews give it a cheap rating but the price is right.
Last edited by Rolo730 on Jan 21st, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
thanks OP
free shipping too.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2317 posts
1091 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: just say no to Staples chairs
Amen bro. Had almost 1/2 dozen staples chairs over the years from Exec type to ordinary. All fell apart over one year, cracked broken leather, major creaks, slumped paddings, you name it.

Bought an Amazon leather like chair, looks great and durable comparable to these throw away chair from Stooples. Nvr again will I consider their chairs even if they paid me.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Not a bad price but like others have said a year or so of use u will need new most likely.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Dec 23, 2016
287 posts
323 upvotes
Ottawa
I have one. I wish i can post a picture to show it after 3 years of use. The seat cushion is flat and you can feel the screws when you sit. The cover material is all worn and makes small lints or peels (i have to vacuum the office almost every other day or use a cover over it).
Overall lasted more than an year.
You get what you pay.

My motto from now on : i am too poor to be cheap.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
thanks for the heads up.
I have never purchased a Staples brand chair before but I have another brand called "Office Star" purchased at their store which is still working after 5+ years.
I got it for the same price at that time, so luckily I didn't get what I paid for.
Not sure if they are the same manufacturer I guess I will just keep what I have.
ReDiva wrote: I have one. I wish i can post a picture to show it after 3 years of use. The seat cushion is flat and you can feel the screws when you sit. The cover material is all worn and makes small lints or peels (i have to vacuum the office almost every other day or use a cover over it).
You get what you pay.

My motto from now on : i am too poor to be cheap.
Last edited by sf1 on Jan 21st, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 5, 2013
21 posts
21 upvotes
Surrey
Got this over 4 years ago for 47 plus tax and can attest to the quality. Cushioning is flat and it creaks like crazy, but still using it regardless. You do get what you pay for.
Dec 2, 2013
164 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
ReDiva wrote: I have one. I wish i can post a picture to show it after 3 years of use. The seat cushion is flat and you can feel the screws when you sit. The cover material is all worn and makes small lints or peels (i have to vacuum the office almost every other day or use a cover over it).
You get what you pay.
This one is covered in fake leather. It still lints/peels?
Kesmar wrote: Got this over 4 years ago for 47 plus tax and can attest to the quality. Cushioning is flat and it creaks like crazy, but still using it regardless. You do get what you pay for.
Sounds like my current relationship amirite?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5868 posts
1606 upvotes
Rolo730 wrote: This one is covered in fake leather. It still lints/peels?
The reason it lints and peels is because it's fake leather. Real genuine leather doesn't do that.
Mar 6, 2006
466 posts
118 upvotes
Kelowna
Anyone care to recommend an Amazon one? There are thousands available.
Nov 17, 2016
293 posts
288 upvotes
I guess I should wait for Costco 99.99 chair to go on sale. Typically 20-30 off on those.

It has awesome spring loaded butt cushion.
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: The Hyken (aka Poor man's Aeron) seems to be well-liked here on RFD.

Thread 1

Thread 2
hmm, i'm looking for a good leather/PU chair that doesn't break after 0.5-1 year. i'd even be fine with one breaking after 3-4 years, but can't find one from staples. prefer leather style
Dec 2, 2013
164 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
ManCaveGamer wrote: hmm, i'm looking for a good leather/PU chair that doesn't break after 0.5-1 year. i'd even be fine with one breaking after 3-4 years, but can't find one from staples. prefer leather style
I put together the chair and it's initial quality is good. I'm very satisfied right now. Message me in a year and see how it holds up.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)