Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples Norton 2012 Internet Security 3user 29.97 (50$ off IR)

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2012 12:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Norton 2012 Internet Security 3user 29.97 (50$ off IR)

Staples Norton 2012 Internet Security 3pc 29.97 (50$ off IR)

I know ill be going splits with a friend to secure our pcs, tired of trial resetting...

Has anyone seen the 3pc version cheaper then 30$

Its in this weeks flyer btw... Figured its atleast gotta be a WARM deal at 30$. '

NIS is still faster then avast and avg for me. I run an i7 with 12gb of ram so who knows maybe my systems overkill for it.
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.
10 replies
Dec 12, 2011
97 posts
15 upvotes
EDMONTON
If you're not in a hurry for a subscription, it's better to wait till around mid summer / back to school season since it seems like they always drop it down to $19.99 then (and of course boxing day) -$7 (10%) PM difference = $12.99. The $30 price is almost like regular since it's usually on sale at the price fairly often.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3142 posts
1031 upvotes
Toronto
I've heard MS security essential is actually pretty good, and its free. If you don't want a MS solution, there are so many free ones that are just as good as Norton, Avast, AVG, Avira just to name a few :D
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
I have been using MS security essentials for a couple of years with no problems at all, we use it on all three laptops at the house...it is the hottest deal IMO
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
MikeMC12 wrote: I've heard MS security essential is actually pretty good, and its free. If you don't want a MS solution, there are so many free ones that are just as good as Norton, Avast, AVG, Avira just to name a few :D

The problem with most of the free solutions is that they are only licensed for personal, non commercial use.

However, Microsoft Security Essentials is licensed for both personal and small business use. It can be used in businesses for up to 10 PCs, if I recall correctly.

This is probably a good deal if you must have Norton Internet Security, but I question why.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1166 posts
492 upvotes
Ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote: The problem with most of the free solutions is that they are only licensed for personal, non commercial use.

However, Microsoft Security Essentials is licensed for both personal and small business use. It can be used in businesses for up to 10 PCs, if I recall correctly.

This is probably a good deal if you must have Norton Internet Security, but I question why.

You recall correctly.
It says the following right on their main page.

"Need security for your business?

Microsoft Security Essentials is available for small businesses with up to 10 PCs. If your business has more than 10 PCs, you can protect them with Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection."

Most people i know, have given up on Norton/McAfee and now use Microsoft Security Essentials + Malwarebytes.
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes
wow really ok maybe i will stop using the norton, or wait until back to school
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1551 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
zherdev wrote: Mind explaining how so?

Because people like to trash products based on outdated information.

I've been using NIS since i think 2009 and its been great.

Norton USED to be very BLOATED and RESOURCE HOG, but not so anymore.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Deal Addict
May 28, 2011
1139 posts
187 upvotes
Well im going to be honest, I deploy alot of different AV/IS setups to many different users, If you like the fact that you just pay your renewal to a globalized company and have top end security, stay with norton... I used this MSE/malware approach aswell on alot of the systems that dont want to pay yearly for internet security... I mean, it does speed up your computer just using MSE vs Norton on many tests.

I do add with the MSE and Malwarebytes method to add Prevx if your alittle savvy adds cloud protection andbetter then just running MSE and the windows defender..

I do know this method and switched over minutes ago, I figured id now save myself going out today at all... Be sure to run Norton Removal Tool...

Also... I notice right away my video editting program Sony vegas pro x64 11 runs much smoother on the work i was doing moments ago..

False positives is another thing to research, I mean MSE is alot more LAX if your using alot of those special softwares
WESTNYLEFX
THE COMPUTER GURU.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)