Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Official Asus Dock for Nexus 7(2012), Clearance, YMMV $9.97

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2015 6:59 pm
Tags:
Aug 13, 2010
80 posts
9 upvotes
Coquitlam
Not sure if anyone around Vancouver willing to go all the way to Maple Ridge.
Picked up one an hour ago, still has 6 left.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1651 posts
448 upvotes
will888 wrote: I wouldn't mind getting one of these if I can only locate it on the website. Searching shows nothing. I assume I have to go into a physical store and ask.

I noticed lots of complaints about the tablet being really laggy. Well, mine was so laggy that is was virtually unsuable at times. I solved the lag problem by switching to slim rom. I am running slimkat as the 3G version did not have a lollipop edition at this time. On slim, there is virtually zero lag. My suggestion would be to format/wipe every partition and start fresh. Use titanium backup to restore user apps+data is required.
I noticed my Nexus 2012 3G is also really slow. Tried to put it all the way back to stock Jelly Bean, but even that got laggy too after a few weeks. Will try slim ROM.
Mar 4, 2009
632 posts
265 upvotes
Ottawa
rectagon wrote: Previous one. 1st Gen.
Thanks OP, called my local staples (Barrhaven in Ottawa) and they have one on hold for me :)
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
Other than Maple Ridge anyone know if there are any available in Fraser Valley?
Nov 3, 2004
74 posts
9 upvotes
Place dupuis in Montreal had 4 yesterday. I picked up one.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
354 upvotes
Terrible tablet that helped sway me away from Android. Still regret buying it.

Now all it's good for is a small screen in the kitchen to watch Netflix while making food. Going to the home screen is painfully slow, and opening other apps tend to crash the thing.

Might buy this dock though because the connector is getting looser and shoddier by the day. Thanks OP.
Sep 1, 2011
547 posts
200 upvotes
singhrh wrote: Other than Maple Ridge anyone know if there are any available in Fraser Valley?
Would like to know this as well. The USB port on ours is quite loose.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2784 posts
993 upvotes
Winnipeg
4 at regent location in winnipeg. Too far for me to drive :( Would love to have one for the price.

I converted the file system to F2FS and put a ROM on and the performance is way better. Shouldn't have to do that, but at least it works. Apparently they cheeped out on the eMMC. Can also try forcing hardware acceleration for 2D.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
kitty wrote: I noticed my Nexus 2012 3G is also really slow. Tried to put it all the way back to stock Jelly Bean, but even that got laggy too after a few weeks. Will try slim ROM.
Make sure you format all the partitions so you start with a clean slate. Easiest way is to just install the factory rom, then flash slim over top.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
bokep wrote: Terrible tablet that helped sway me away from Android. Still regret buying it.

Now all it's good for is a small screen in the kitchen to watch Netflix while making food. Going to the home screen is painfully slow, and opening other apps tend to crash the thing.

Might buy this dock though because the connector is getting looser and shoddier by the day. Thanks OP.
I dunno.....mine rocks!!!!!!
I currently have one of my 3 sitting by my bedside.
It's main purpose is using as a Kodi remote for my Pivos DS.
The original IR remote for that device SUCKS at anything more than 6 feet away,and I'm at about 15 feet. Works great for running all my media gear from the bed, cutting down on over 1/2 a dozen remotes.
I may pick up one of these docks for the nightstand.
Sucks that I'd have to sacrifice the leather folio case though.
Probably not a bad idea to have at least one dock on hand in the event that one of my Nexus's decides to axe its USB port, rendering it useless.

Thx OP!
Jan 3, 2007
458 posts
261 upvotes
cdwalkman wrote: Thanks OP, called my local staples (Barrhaven in Ottawa) and they have one on hold for me :)
quatro4u wrote: Place dupuis in Montreal had 4 yesterday. I picked up one.

Thanks
bokep wrote: Terrible tablet that helped sway me away from Android. Still regret buying it.

Woah! wrote: I dunno.....mine rocks!!!!!!
I currently have one of my 3 sitting by my bedside.
It's main purpose is using as a Kodi remote for my Pivos DS.
The original IR remote for that device SUCKS at anything more than 6 feet away,and I'm at about 15 feet. Works great for running all my media gear from the bed, cutting down on over 1/2 a dozen remotes.
I may pick up one of these docks for the nightstand.
Sucks that I'd have to sacrifice the leather folio case though.
Probably not a bad idea to have at least one dock on hand in the event that one of my Nexus's decides to axe its USB port, rendering it useless.

Thx OP!
You're welcome guys! When I posted this post, I was afraid that this is one of those really really YMMV staples item, I'm glad some of you guys actually got it.

I was thinking about using it beside the nightstand too, I was thinking that you can plug in a earphone phone there permanently, and you can watch some movies or something before you go to bed or help you sleep, so it's much better than you have to hold the tablet, find your earphone and plug it in at night.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
The Staples in Bedford, NS, (Damascus Rd) has two or three of the Docks left. While the sticker says 19.97, it actually rings up at 9.97.
SKU 167216-7
UPC 886227273492
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Finally made it out to Maple Ridge today and got the last couple of docks.
All sold out at that location now.
Not bad for $10 each.
At the very least it'll save the USB charging port from coming loose from over-usage.
These are being used as home theater remotes and need to be recharged every day.

Thanks OP & cyrano84!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)