Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
2932 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto

Staples online return policy?

Has anyone returned anything that was bought online from staples.ca?

I just want to know how they go about with their returns before i purchase something. (something heavy)

Can i go bring it to a near by staples instead of shipping it back? Is the shipment back to staples warehouse paid for?
10 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10661 posts
14367 upvotes
Personally I have not but a lot of RFD members have no problem returning things to thier local Staples.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1681 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
smartfood wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2008 11:59 pm

I just want to know how they go about with their returns before i purchase something. (something heavy)

Can i go bring it to a near by staples instead of shipping it back? Is the shipment back to staples warehouse paid for?
Don't bring it anywhere. Call their number and they will come get it from you.
Sep 27, 2004
632 posts
14 upvotes
Scarborough
go to your local rent-all
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9477 posts
682 upvotes
smartfood wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2008 11:59 pm

If you buy something from Staples, you can bring it back to the stores for a full refund with one exception. They generally will NOT refund you shipping if you had to pay shipping but only the price of the product. If you ordered >50, then this wouldn't be an issue (and who would order something online <50 to pay $15 shipping is beyond me).

You also have the option of phoning Staples CS and they will send someone over the next day (unless the next day = weekend, in that case monday). They will pickup the item and return it for you for free and you'll be refunded on your CC (you'll be refunded on your CC even if you return it in store).
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1776 posts
23 upvotes
Bringing back an old thread, don't know if the old answers still apply.
I'm looking to order off the staples.ca website, but can't find any mention about return online orders to the store.

Can Staples.ca order be returned for a full refund at a Store Location?
Jan 11, 2007
293 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
xstatik wrote:
Jan 25th, 2010 8:46 am
Bringing back an old thread, don't know if the old answers still apply.
I'm looking to order off the staples.ca website, but can't find any mention about return online orders to the store.

Can Staples.ca order be returned for a full refund at a Store Location?
I cannot find anything online about returning products ordered online to their retail stores, however, I have a recent catalogue which clearly states that you can (i.e. the policy hasn't changed).
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1227 posts
1 upvote
Holy bumpage!

According to Staples, items that are only available on the online store (Items with "Available through phone, fax and online orders only. Not available at Staples retail stores.") cannot be refunded at staples retail stores. They must be picked up by a Staples driver although it won't cost you anything for that.
:twisted: :evil: :lol: :D :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2010
2054 posts
282 upvotes
Onterrible
Hey everyone,

I need to return something I bought online, but they didn't ship a receipt or invoice. Can I just use the invoice they sent to my email?
Does this work?
Check out my >>Blog<< to learn how to get CashBack from Shopping Online! (Almost EVERY online retailer)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8182 posts
1936 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Canuckerr wrote:
Oct 18th, 2012 10:11 am
Can I just use the invoice they sent to my email?
What did they tell you when you e-mailed/phoned them to ask?

I don't see why not since there's a complete record of your purchase online, but you'll get the most authoritative answer if you ask them, not us.
veni, vidi, Visa
Feb 7, 2012
331 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
GP-02 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2012 3:57 pm
According to Staples, items that are only available on the online store (Items with "Available through phone, fax and online orders only. Not available at Staples retail stores.") cannot be refunded at staples retail stores. They must be picked up by a Staples driver although it won't cost you anything for that.
I can't find anything to this effect in their policies, though I have found two separate instances (once in their "Returns" policy and once in the FAQ) that state flat-out that online and catalogue purchases may be returned in-store with your packing slip. For anything not available in-store, I suspect they just ship it back to the warehouse (opposite of delivering online orders for in-store pick-up).
× < >