Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Paderno/Staples]Paderno Avonlea 10pc $209 or Chefs Choice 9Pc $179 FS Made in Canada

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2015 2:47 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto

[Paderno/Staples]Paderno Avonlea 10pc $209 or Chefs Choice 9Pc $179 FS Made in Canada

The 10pc avonlea is onsale for $209, all time low is $199 from a couple years back.

Since 1979, Paderno cookware has proudly been manufacturing some of the world’s finest pots and pans in Prince Edward Island, Canada. The Avonlea series of cookware is one of Paderno’s newest lines of high quality cookware. Made from 18/10 stainless steel and features an impact bonded base that is safe for all stovetops of modern kitchens, including induction. Durable riveted handles, no-drip lips, oven and dishwasher safe, the Avonlea is built to last and Paderno stands behind it with an exceptional 25 year warranty.

Set includes : 1.5, 2 and 3L saucepans, 5L dutch oven, 1.5L steamer, 24cm/9.5″ fry pan and 4 stainless steel covers.

Features:

Made from 18/10 stainless steel
tight fitting stainless steel lids
no-drip lips
Durable riveted handles
Dishwasher safe/ oven safe to 500F
Suitable for all cooktops, including induction
Made in Canada/25yr warranty

https://paderno.com/shop/10pc-avonlea-set/
[IMG]https://paderno.com/shop/images/85387/a ... m_sml.jpg/[/IMG]

This Paderno set is one of the most, if not the most, expensive set they have. Made in Canada, not China, so you get quality tools.

PRODUCT DETAILS

Includes: 1.5L & 3L Saucepan, 5L Saucepot, 4L Brazier, 24cm Frying Pan, 4 Covers
18/10 Stainless Steel
Durable welded handles
Flared "no-drip" lid
Dishwasher Safe
Oven Safe
Cookware of choice aboard Air Force One
Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
Made in Canada

http://www.staples.ca/office/supplies/S ... ONFRM::SKU
Images
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
Use [$20 off home and garden] coupon to further reduce the price down to 179.99 + tax = 203 all in, shipped!
just google staples.ca coupon
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4960 posts
6861 upvotes
GTA
handles look kinda spindly
Jun 9, 2007
322 posts
20 upvotes
Bought this set a few weeks ago and was not impressed. The handle on the smallest saucepan was mounted on crookedly. And the pan had several deep chips on it.

Made in Canada does not translate to better quality.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3867 upvotes
Nowhere
hador7 wrote: Bought this set a few weeks ago and was not impressed. The handle on the smallest saucepan was mounted on crookedly. And the pan had several deep chips on it.

Made in Canada does not translate to better quality.
Is this set (Chef's Choice) even made in Canada? It is not listed as such on their website.
Apr 15, 2003
156 posts
14 upvotes
I can vouch for Paderno Cookware. About 5 years ago I researched the heck out a of a lot of different sets of pots and pans. I was seeking professional grade and decided on the Paderno Fusion 5 14 piece set. At the time, Paderno told me that the Fusion 5 was the only remaining set still made in Canada (PEI). It's a bit heavier than the Chef's choice and the handles are far more robust. I cook using my Paderno pots and pans every day and I can honestly say it makes cooking even more enjoyable! I cook on gas and the pans heat up quickly and consistently. Hunt around and I am pretty sure you can get this set for as little as $300 - which is what I got mine for. Happy Cooking!
Jun 7, 2008
254 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
Any idea if induction-capable?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
dextor wrote: Any idea if induction-capable?
I just ran a magnet through it to test, it sticks to the stainless steel but not the aluminum base. So I'm guessing not or at least not very strong
Jun 7, 2008
254 posts
25 upvotes
Winnipeg
dracolnyte wrote: I just ran a magnet through it to test, it sticks to the stainless steel but not the aluminum base. So I'm guessing not or at least not very strong

Thanks, you just saved me a purchase and return.
Nov 5, 2005
872 posts
62 upvotes
Which is the better set? The avolea or the one from Staples?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
dextor wrote: Thanks for the heads up. The Costco set is the classic line, staples is the chef's choice line, so I don't think they're the same.
you are in luck bud, the avonlea is further reduced down to $209 and it is induction ready!
Ctwizzy wrote: Which is the better set? The avolea or the one from Staples?
the Avonlea, we decided to return our chef's choice and pay $30 extra for that strainer and better handles

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)