Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
438 upvotes
BC

staples return policy

I bought some electronics and accidentally tore through the plastic bag - will Staples take it back? It says in original condition - can I argue :(
Go Raptors, Go!
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3251 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
canucky1 wrote: I bought some electronics and accidentally tore through the plastic bag - will Staples take it back? It says in original condition - can I argue :(
I guess it depends on how "accidentally" the bag is torn. Generally speaking though I think you're fine.

Of course, it should be noted that since under the terms of consumer legislation in many (most?) jurisdictions, there is no right of return for any merchandise, especially if you simply change your mind. There are coverages for defective merchandise or for items not fit for their intended purpose, of course. Therefore, you can't really argue anything. If Staples says "original condition" means in the same condition it had been sold to you, then you're out of luck.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4351 upvotes
What do you mean by plastic bag?
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15616 posts
13273 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Plastic bag that they charge 5 cent each? Or plastic bag that wraps around the electronic device?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
438 upvotes
BC
Yeah the latter - sorry :lol:
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
4909 posts
3829 upvotes
Edmonton
Original condition generally refers to the product, not the packaging. They do not say that it cannot be opened.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26163 posts
39568 upvotes
Toronto
go soon, most retailers still are in the more 'relaxed' mode regarding refunds 'cause it is so close to past Christmas.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities