Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Samsung Galaxy Note10+ w/ Free Galaxy Buds - $1319.99 (10% off ) + 2% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 2:40 pm
Sep 9, 2010
83 posts
45 upvotes
Same thing for me, had to reorder the phone and the buds and they'll credit me the buds + 10% and give me an additional 30$ off because of the ebates situation. Hour and 45 minutes on the phone!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
IMHERETOSTAY wrote: Same thing for me, had to reorder the phone and the buds and they'll credit me the buds + 10% and give me an additional 30$ off because of the ebates situation. Hour and 45 minutes on the phone!
I wonder if I could just reorder it through eBates (assuming it's at least 2% atm) and have them refund the rest.

I'm obviously never going to get that call back so I'm going to call in a little later.
Sep 9, 2010
83 posts
45 upvotes
Cool thing is that now we can return the buds for a full refund if we wait until the credit is posted...
Mar 7, 2019
383 posts
483 upvotes
Did you guys see your orders get cancelled on your account screen? Or did you just call to ask when it will be shipped. My order still says processing with an estimated date of Aug 28 to Sept 3
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4948 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
Great. I tried using online chat to get them to fix my order. The rep told me they can't do it because they don't want credit card info in chat. She checked my order status and she said "The order is ready to be replaced". WTF. What's the point of a pre-order if you need to call them to replace it with a real order!!!! I don't understand their system.

Edit: I just got off the phone with them. They will ship my order and charge me full price. Then after I’ve received my order they will refund the 10% discount and the price of the earbuds. This is nuts. I’m never pre-ordering anything from Staples again.
Last edited by cipher on Aug 26th, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2010
83 posts
45 upvotes
RFDGuy123 wrote: Did you guys see your orders get cancelled on your account screen? Or did you just call to ask when it will be shipped. My order still says processing with an estimated date of Aug 28 to Sept 3
All orders have been cancelled by their system even if the status says Processed. You NEED to call them if you want your phone.
Sep 1, 2010
127 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
That's good, I didn't really want those earbuds. Extra 100 bucks back I guess. What a pain in the ass, but thanks guys for posting your updates.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1064 posts
324 upvotes
Saying Wednesday 28th delivery for me now after reordering....we will see.
Aug 25, 2019
1 posts
Made an account just to post here.

I got on live chat and was told that my pre-order was ready to be "replaced". It looks like all orders might really have been cancelled or probably just not converted to full orders.
In any case, csr told me they'll cancel the order and to search for the Note 10+ and Galaxy buds and apply a promo code they gave me to re-order the devices. It looks like this promo code just makes the Galaxy buds free, but no more 10% off (which I don't mind too much).

Estimated delivery date is August 29th, we'll see if they live up to that estimate.

Moral of the story: Don't pre-order from staples.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4948 posts
563 upvotes
Winnipeg
IMHERETOSTAY wrote: All orders have been cancelled by their system even if the status says Processed. You NEED to call them if you want your phone.
I'm wondering if they'll screw up again. They'll see a bunch of orders still in processing...and fulfill them...and we'll all have charges totaling over $3k on our credit cards.
Nov 2, 2004
23 posts
12 upvotes
Had to call in to to get my order fixed. Essentially what everybody has said; need to call in to re-order. They have to charge me the full price for the buds and then it'll be refunded to me after being shipped. Was told I'll receive it tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Just got off the phone after reordering the Note, I was told I will get the buds and the price will be adjusted to take 12% off after I get my order.

CSR wasn't able to get me an order or delivery confirmation so this is probably getting drawn out even longer.
She mentioned she'll get back to me via email either today or tomorrow with the confirmations so we'll see how that pans out.

All interactions have been recorded and saved so this should be a fun one.
Sep 1, 2010
127 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the same situation as reported by others. Got the phone and earbuds, the earbuds were discounted immediately, and will be getting a refund somehow of 12% after I pick up the phone. Dunno how that is going to work. Should be interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Trance82 wrote: I have the same situation as reported by others. Got the phone and earbuds, the earbuds were discounted immediately, and will be getting a refund somehow of 12% after I pick up the phone. Dunno how that is going to work. Should be interesting.
I may or may not have gotten that 12% bill rolling by telling the CSR I would loose out on the cashback from affiliate purchase when they reorder it.
Sep 1, 2010
127 posts
53 upvotes
Vancouver
Gtaphotog wrote: I may or may not have gotten that 12% bill rolling by telling the CSR I would loose out on the cashback from affiliate purchase when they reorder it.
Then you have done us a great service! I salute you!
Jun 30, 2018
182 posts
327 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I had a bad experience - called in and was told that my pre-order had to be replaced and that the 10% discount code could not be applied; and that I'd be getting the earbuds for free. I just decided to cancel. #StaplesSucks
Last edited by uofaboy on Aug 26th, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MBNA Rewards World Elite | TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege | TELUS EPP
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
1064 posts
324 upvotes
Anyone's order showing anything other than "Processing?"
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Trance82 wrote:
Then you have done us a great service! I salute you!
🙏🏼

Btw my total was: $1,649.79 before they adjust it
Sep 9, 2010
83 posts
45 upvotes
Replacement order has been shipped from Woodbridge Ontario this morning :)
Dec 11, 2004
103 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
FYI for those that cancelled. Logged into my bank and no longer see the pending charge against my VISA. Good sign it's been cancelled. However, my staples account still shows processing.