Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] Staples Saturday Door Crasher - Seagate 1.5TB Freeagent GoFlex External 69.98

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2012 6:04 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9202 posts
826 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Saturday Door Crasher - Seagate 1.5TB Freeagent GoFlex External 69.98

Minimum 10 per store, limit 1 per family

The only good thing this saturday.

SKU - 401441

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... rd=401441#

[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
133 replies
Jun 15, 2011
37823 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any good reviews? Also is there a link for it? I see a USB 2.0 and 3.0:

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Feb 10, 2007
9202 posts
826 upvotes
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]
Dec 5, 2004
247 posts
144 upvotes
It's nice to see that pricing is pretty consistent. The price on this has yo-yo'ed up and down over the last few months.

I ordered one of these about 5 weeks ago when they had a similar promotion ... Saturday doorcrasher for $79.99 which I ordered online. I liked it so much I emailed their customer service department the day after I received it to see if I could get another (I figured that since I purchased it online and provided they had stock, they would be nice enough to honor the one-day price). Back in the day Staples (aka Business Depot) management was very accommodating and would always allow such cases (I used to work there).

Polite response was "no, 1-day only sale". Ha.

Nice unit though. It ended up going on sale at NCIX soonafter, then Newegg.com, and later at Newegg.ca where I picked up another.

Looks like Seagate has some sort of corporate tricks up their sleeves ... perhaps some new products with larger capacity drives.

Regardless, it is a rather nice looking unit for backup.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
2572 posts
508 upvotes
LONDON
Great price, I need a new HDD for a hackintosh, thinking about stripping one for an internal. But since I won't drag my rig home from uni for the summer, i think I'll hold until september for further price drops.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10458 posts
1056 upvotes
Only buy one if you need the storge space right now. Prices still have a ways to go down to pre flood levels.

For reference, 1.5TB seagate drives were $45 as a doorcrasher back at the end of October. Plus there were group buy coupons offered just before that, so you had $50 of store credit for $22.50 out of pocket.

It was a perfect scenario.

More deals will happen, wait for lower prices this summer and back to school.
Oct 6, 2011
395 posts
43 upvotes
ttiger wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 3:47 pm
It's nice to see that pricing is pretty consistent. The price on this has yo-yo'ed up and down over the last few months.

I ordered one of these about 5 weeks ago when they had a similar promotion ... Saturday doorcrasher for $79.99 which I ordered online. I liked it so much I emailed their customer service department the day after I received it to see if I could get another (I figured that since I purchased it online and provided they had stock, they would be nice enough to honor the one-day price). Back in the day Staples (aka Business Depot) management was very accommodating and would always allow such cases (I used to work there).

Polite response was "no, 1-day only sale". Ha.

:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
4892 posts
1008 upvotes
Cornwall PE
blainehamilton wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 4:46 pm
Only buy one if you need the storge space right now. Prices still have a ways to go down to pre flood levels.

For reference, 1.5TB seagate drives were $45 as a doorcrasher back at the end of October. Plus there were group buy coupons offered just before that, so you had $50 of store credit for $22.50 out of pocket.

It was a perfect scenario.

More deals will happen, wait for lower prices this summer and back to school.
Don't hold your breath waiting.
Feb 12, 2012
365 posts
371 upvotes
BURLINGTON
Does anyone know if this is powered by USB or does it have an external power supply?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 10, 2007
9202 posts
826 upvotes
external power
Srimok wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 5:30 pm
Does anyone know if this is powered by USB or does it have an external power supply?
Jun 15, 2011
37823 posts
5441 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Seagate external hard drives usually have a high lifespan right?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
1797 posts
144 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
djemzine wrote:
Apr 10th, 2012 5:53 pm
Seagate external hard drives usually have a high lifespan right?

i personally havent had a good experience with seagate, but with hdds you never know. Just make sure you back up your important data somewhere else, it does not matter what brand hdd you have. If your data is that important then you should back it up atleast 3-4 different places.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
1523 posts
206 upvotes
EDMONTON
It's an okay deal. Would rather buy the internal 2gb seagate greens for $99 at ME
× < >