Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Seagate 2TB Expansion Portable Hard Drive - $69.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2018 12:44 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
kaisin82 wrote: does it work with mac osx
You would just format it to HFS+ or APFS using Disk Utility when you get it.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
WikkiWikki wrote: And as well, I have a small lit USB 4 port hub I have hooked up as well to change those 2 ports to 5 ports.
Just an FYI - I don't think USB hubs work with external HDs so be sure to use the remaining one on the actual PS4.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
sRSmith1989 wrote: The only Sucky part about this, is that it looks like crap hanging from the front... THanks for not including USB port on the Back Sony. -_-
I know, and it's obvious the PS4 was never meant to use external HDs and was a kludge fix to compete against the Xbox One (which has 2x back and 1x front).

Hell, they could have easily added a back port with the Slim.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1348 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
WikkiWikki wrote: Ive been in the computer biz for 25 years now, and for every "doom and gloom" story theres the exact opposite. I have used numerous brands of hard drives in my life. And with ANY brand you can get a lemon. And for anyone on here that has mentioned, I will never use a "insert name here" brand, Ive used for years and years and never had an issue

Anything will die with usage no matter what it is, and some things will just keep going.

As for crucial data, games installed or game play isnt crucial data
You sound like you have tonnes of experience but completely lack passion. Not everything dies with usage. Hard drives is the top contender followed by PSU, fans etc. followed by motherboard, and everything else like processor, RAM barely dies. HDDs and fans often die due to mechanical part failure. What often causes them to break other then the usage is physical impact.

The reason why I said you lack passion is because even after 25 years of experience, you actually STILL don't know that this could happen as if every time a hard drive died, you were like oops, guess we have to get a new one. It's not your fault man but try to put your ego aside and ask yourself this first. Are you really passionate about knowing every single thing that goes wrong within a computer. And if the answer is no, stop arguing coz if you read what I wrote again, I was trying to help. I am not saying I know more or have more experience than you. But I do know what I am talking about.
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
grayhal wrote: You sound like you have tonnes of experience but completely lack passion. Not everything dies with usage. Hard drives is the top contender followed by PSU, fans etc. followed by motherboard, and everything else like processor, RAM barely dies. HDDs and fans die due to mechanical parts. What often causes them to break other then the usage is physical impact.

The reason why I said you lack passion is because even after 25 years of experience, you actually STILL don't know that this could happen as if every time a hard drive died, you were like oops, guess we have to get a new one. It's not your fault man but try to put your ego aside and ask yourself this first. Are you really passionate about knowing every single thing that goes wrong within a computer. And if the answer is no, stop arguing coz if you read what I wrote again, I was trying to help. I am not saying I know more or have more experience than you. But I do know what I am talking about.
Lack passion? WTF. Its a hard drive. Ive got my priorties, and an external hard drive for a PS4 is so on the bottom of the list
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1348 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
WikkiWikki wrote: Lack passion? WTF. Its a hard drive. Ive got my priorties, and an external hard drive for a PS4 is so on the bottom of the list
"Lack passion? WTF."

"computer biz for 25 years"

"Its a hard drive. Ive got my priorties"

I rest my case
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
grayhal wrote: "Lack passion? WTF."

"computer biz for 25 years"

"Its a hard drive. Ive got my priorties"

I rest my case
There was a case? For what, because I bought a cheap external hard drive for my son and now can stop looking.

What point are you trying to put across exactly?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2144 posts
1789 upvotes
Two $10 off $60. First come first serve. Reply if you’ve used one. Thanks.

My bad. They are only good for coffee products.
Last edited by kkkat on Oct 4th, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1311 posts
1428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kkkat wrote: Two $10 off $60. First come first serve. Reply if you’ve used one. Thanks.

Says invalid coupon code.
Promotion not applied:Minimum order total is not met. You only have $0.00 of regular-priced eligible items in your cart. Please add $60.00 worth of products to your cart and then apply the coupon once more.
-
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2660 posts
3149 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not getting $10 off $75 coupon anymore, the best one I got is like $15 off $100
Jan 4, 2008
637 posts
574 upvotes
Toronto
Good for keeping at home, in a static location. Put nothing important that's not backed up on it!
Dec 11, 2011
191 posts
117 upvotes
YYZ
Thanks! Picked up 2!
(1) buy now think later
(2) think too long miss deal
(3) yield chase
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
Ordered it from amazon.ca for the same price
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2017
1552 posts
2620 upvotes
grayhal wrote: You sound like you have tonnes of experience but completely lack passion. Not everything dies with usage. Hard drives is the top contender followed by PSU, fans etc. followed by motherboard, and everything else like processor, RAM barely dies. HDDs and fans often die due to mechanical part failure. What often causes them to break other then the usage is physical impact.

The other person was merely saying any product, from any brand, has a chance of being defective. I think that sounds very reasonable. You have a point about mechanical components being more susceptible to damage, but that's not what he disputed. I don't know what triggered your reaction.

Also, for those who hate on Seagate portable drives, I'd prefer them over WD's frankenstein soldered drives any day.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
It’s weird, I have tons of seagate hdds, never have 1 WD HDD, it’s a shame on WD, they are rarely on sale.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Feb 11, 2017
51 posts
27 upvotes
Lindsay, Ontario
How does this compare to the Seagate Backup Plus Slim?
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote:
Just an FYI - I don't think USB hubs work with external HDs so be sure to use the remaining one on the actual PS4.
this, the PS4, won't recognize a Hard drive plugged into a hub. I bought a wireless charging dock for the top of the PS4, it plugs into both USB ports and then the controllers rest on top to charge. It had USB ports in the back of it to replace the 2 it used and I can use my wireless headset no problem, charge another controller off of it no problem, but external drive... no Bueno... So I have stopped using it, in favour of having 2 TB internally and more memory externally. Why SONY wouldn't put a rear USB port, or allow HUBs is beyond, apparently you can use hubs with XBOX One no problem for multiple external drives...
GeorgeC766546 wrote: How does this compare to the Seagate Backup Plus Slim?
I have this one installed internally on my PS4 (2TB slim), with another 3 TB external as well. Works great so far. Also have the 1.5TB version inside my PS3
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
jackass_ca wrote: Why SONY wouldn't put a rear USB port, or allow HUBs is beyond, apparently you can use hubs with XBOX One no problem for multiple external drives...
That's because the PS4 was never intended to use any form of an external HD, and it was only after this feature on the Xbox One started getting a lot of attention, that Sony introduced their quick-kludge solution. It works... kinda.

That's why I treat the PS4 as if it doesn't even have pseudo-external HD support, as that way I just stick to the 2TB internal and never count on any more. Then I can use controller chargers, hubs, USB savegame backups, external USB devices, etc. without any issue.

BTW,I love the design of that Nyko charger - got a link to it?

I just see this ultra-fugly one on Amazon:

Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
JackWhyte wrote: That's because the PS4 was never intended to use any form of an external HD, and it was only after this feature on the Xbox One started getting a lot of attention, that Sony introduced their quick-kludge solution. It works... kinda.

That's why I treat the PS4 as if it doesn't even have pseudo-external HD support, as that way I just stick to the 2TB internal and never count on any more. Then I can use controller chargers, hubs, USB savegame backups, external USB devices, etc. without any issue.

BTW,I love the design of that Nyko charger - got a link to it?

I just see this ultra-fugly one on Amazon:

I got mine at Meijer in the US for less than $10 on clearance.

the problem with 2 TB, is eventually that fills, especially with free games etc. Guess as long as I claim them while they are free, can install them later if I want to play them.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.