Shopping Discussion

Staples Shopping Information - Anyone want to know?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2007 12:40 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Would like to see some helpful tips that may assist you when shopping at Staples?

• Total votes: 0. You have voted on this poll.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1939 posts
34 upvotes

Staples Shopping Information - Anyone want to know?

I used to work for Staples and Staples corporate a while back, I still have a few contacts here and there, would anyone be interested in some information that'll help when shopping there?

I'm not going to share any hardcore secrets, and I will only talk about store level things pertinent to you as a customer.

Pending feedback on this thread, I'll put some information out.
LIFE IS PURE GENERATED EMOTION
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
What's there to know? You go in as a customer and you decide what you are going to buy.
I work at Staples in the computer department and I am always friendly and try to help the customer find/buy what they are looking for (the solution).
As associates, we are pushed to promote the ESP (Extended Service Plan), but the customer is not forced to take it; it's their decision. :)
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1939 posts
34 upvotes
gordholio wrote: What's there to know? You go in as a customer and you decide what you are going to buy.
I work at Staples in the computer department and I am always friendly and try to help the customer find/buy what they are looking for (the solution).
As associates, we are pushed to promote the ESP (Extended Service Plan), but the customer is not forced to take it; it's their decision. :)
I realize that, but there's more to it in terms of the mechanics of the sale and how the system is structured.

You're somewhat right in the "what's there to know" argument, it's just a place you go to buy your items from. However, from what I've read on this forum there seems to be many instances with misinformation being communicated to customers by sales associates, or some information is just plain being left out.

So I'd like to set the record straight and provide factual information and the appropriate phone numbers you can call and verify with instead of taking the store associates word.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
1939 posts
34 upvotes
I'll just post them up anyway and let the community decide if they are helpful or not.

Moderators can you please lock this thread, thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)