Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Staples Hyken Mesh Chair @ $144.91 (50% Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2018 10:19 am
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes

[Staples] Staples Hyken Mesh Chair @ $144.91 (50% Off)

At the risk of having this thread merged with the other threads that are ages old:

Hyken is back.

Price: $144.91

I say this as I sit in my Aerated Hyken with a breeze cooling my extended cab. Highly recommend.

For added comfort:

Gel Seat Cushion - $14.99

Head-Rest Mod for Folks up to 6'2"

https://imgur.com/gallery/XwE7F
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Aug 2nd, 2018 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
40 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
Is seat very spongy or stuff? Gel pad stiff? Or soft? Finding softer seats less comfortable for back these days
Jul 30, 2018
18 posts
11 upvotes
I've been looking to buy a new chair that would last me some time, this looks like a great deal for a great price, thanks OP.
Mar 12, 2017
256 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've owned this chair for about a year now and recline often. No mechanical issues so far. The mesh seat hurts if sitting for an hour-ish. Just week, I bought Gel Seat Cushion from Canadian Tire (another RFD posted deal) and it has made a huge difference. I highly recommend this combo if anyone is picking up the Hyken.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: @arkhira already posted a deal for this chair, https://forums.redflagdeals.com/staples ... g-2205379/
I respect that that thread exists, but it was for a different sales cycle and the OP in that thread promotes an exceedingly dubious coupon stacking. I voiced my distaste for the thread merger in that thread some time ago.

I would stop flagging these old threads every time a new sales cycle comes along as there's a lot of garbage and misinformation piled in there. That, and I like to curate my threads cleanly, which is not possible when threads are merged.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: I respect that that thread exists, but it was for a different sales cycle and the OP in that thread promotes an exceedingly dubious coupon stacking. I voiced my distaste for the thread merger in that thread some time ago.

I would stop flagging these old threads every time a new sales cycle comes along as there's a lot of garbage and misinformation piled in there. That, and I like to curate my threads cleanly, which is not possible when threads are merged.
Your thread is fine on it's own. Thanks for posting it!
Oct 20, 2009
51 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
Thanks OP, been waiting to pick one up
Nov 29, 2009
389 posts
579 upvotes
North York
i have own this chair for almost 3 years now and couldn't be happier!! i am 5ft 2 and found this chair best for my height...i didn't install the headrest cause i found it in the way. i would prob buy the Gel Seat Cushion to add extra comfort =D
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1095 posts
623 upvotes
Is the seat mesh that hard to require additional padding? I always thought the mesh was supposed to give a bit / not act like woven patio furniture.
Mar 12, 2017
256 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
shahram0 wrote: Is the seat mesh that hard to require additional padding? I always thought the mesh was supposed to give a bit / not act like woven patio furniture.
Yes on most days when wearing dress pants. With jeans on, not so much.
Feb 4, 2016
165 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Promo code 9451099004810385 for 10 dollars off 100
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2967 posts
1983 upvotes
Edmonton
kehfun wrote: Promo code 9451099004810385 for 10 dollars off 100
Used.....
Nov 29, 2001
271 posts
75 upvotes
Ordered it online and went to pickup today. Tried it in the store first, I'm pretty normal size 5'11 190lbs and found it to be really narrow and the metal frame for the seat presses against the legs so at least for me was really uncomfortable after a minute of sitting down. The Staples Racing Style Managers Chair was way more comfortable but didn't buy it as i was wanting a mesh chair. I used a Herman Miller mesh chair at my last job for years and it was really comfortable but also costs a small fortune.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
7737 posts
10771 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I've been using this chair for some time now, and the foam part at the front of the seat broke into pieces and won't stay put.

Anyone else have this problem (and maybe a solution)?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
@serc, did you try adjusting the arm rests? That solved the problem for me and I'm a big guy.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Added to first post:

Head-Rest Mod for Folks up to 6'2"

https://imgur.com/gallery/XwE7F
Nov 29, 2001
271 posts
75 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: @serc, did you try adjusting the arm rests? That solved the problem for me and I'm a big guy.
I did adjust the armrests. It was the seat frame that I found uncomfortable. Maybe they didn’t assemble the in store model properly as I don’t recall padding on the leg area of the seat unlike the pictures above.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)