[Staples] Staples in store clearance Logitech G710+ 59.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 2:51 pm
[OP]
Aug 9, 2012
134 posts
36 upvotes

[Staples] Staples in store clearance Logitech G710+ 59.97 YMMV

Decent mechanical keyboard for $60. 3 left in store in Charlottetown, PE.
Images
  • image.jpg
28 replies
Sep 16, 2011
79 posts
42 upvotes
Lethbridge
I believe this is one of the last Logitech keyboards using Cherry MX switches (browns?), I'd hop on this deal if you like Logitech but don't like their new mushy Romer-G switches.
Dec 11, 2013
306 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Came in both brown and red, the one in the pic is brown.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1231 posts
226 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Rocking this Keyboard and I love it. It’s not RGB, but it is backlit. It works amazing and super durable.
Jul 18, 2014
265 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I have this keyboard, be prepared to pay a few more dollars to replace the keys. Mine started breaking a few weeks after I bought it. Maybe i just got a bad keyboard, the wasd and arrow keys started breaking at the post. replaced them with a set of aftermarket keys from ebay and all is good now
Jun 5, 2010
141 posts
53 upvotes
Ajax
I had this, and it came with a 3 year warranty. Worth a pick up. Lasted me 3 years.

The G810, what I use now, is good too. G-Romer keys are pretty similar to browns. I barely noticed a difference. If anything, they feel better. I have less problems typing on the G810 for some reason.
Last edited by polskon on Dec 8th, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jul 20, 2016
23 posts
9 upvotes
Romer-G switches are kind of a hit or miss. I myself have a g910 and i personally love the back lightning and RGB effects. At first i thought the switches were kinda mushy like membranes and didn't like them. After like a day of use, I got used to it and i really love them now. The Romer-G Switches are also relatively quiet compared to other mechanical keyboards with cherry switches. IMO the Romer-G switches are actually really good. But this deal is also really good. Just wanted to inform people on the differences between Cherry and Romer-G Switches

TL:DR Romer-G Switches take some getting used to but they're my favorite switches and they're quiet too!
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3026 posts
356 upvotes
Got one two years ago and I love it. It comes with dampeners and I had to them out since the Brown Swiches + Dampeners means you're not going to get a lot of feedback. Imo
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6408 posts
981 upvotes
T dot 6
seriosbrad wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 7:37 pm
I believe this is one of the last Logitech keyboards using Cherry MX switches (browns?), I'd hop on this deal if you like Logitech but don't like their new mushy Romer-G switches.
I have a Logitech with Romer-G switches and I hate it. The Logitech G610 has cherry switches. It was on sale on Amazon for $60 a few months ago, I should have bought a few as backups.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Feb 4, 2017
167 posts
86 upvotes
I swear they had this clearance last year as well.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any of them around my staples. Best of luck to all those hunting! Great keyboard to use on a daily basis.
Oct 14, 2004
627 posts
78 upvotes
Victoria
I'd like to find this, but rarely do I find clearance itams at my staples. I have the G410, and while I do like the small form factor, I'd be happy to have keypad back and the left side macro keys.
Mar 9, 2017
18 posts
25 upvotes
It went on clearance last year at Staples.

I still have one in box from that clearance sale as my backup when my current one fails. Good luck to anyone searching. The other option is the G610 with cherry switches that still goes on sale once in a while. I use that one at work.
Nov 15, 2016
7 posts
Edmonton
pman113 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 8:50 pm
I have this keyboard, be prepared to pay a few more dollars to replace the keys. Mine started breaking a few weeks after I bought it. Maybe i just got a bad keyboard, the wasd and arrow keys started breaking at the post. replaced them with a set of aftermarket keys from ebay and all is good now
Logitech support was pretty good for replacing my "d" key after it chipped and kept getting loose. Not only that they sent me an entire set of keys that I likely won't need.
Jan 28, 2015
37 posts
71 upvotes
Montreal
I've been using this keyboard heavily as my work/grad school keyboard since 2014 and it's been going strong. Had some issues with a row of LED's a year ago but the problem seemed to just correct itself randomly.

Also, the official logitech software is amazingly responsive with macros and very unintrusive compared to other brands (looking at you Razer).

Would buy again/10. Gonna check out my local staples to see if they have some lying around for $60.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)