Hot Deals

[Staples/TheSource/WM/BB/Costco] HP DeskJet wireless 3-in-One Instant-Ink Eligible Printers from $40

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2019 2:55 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2825 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:16 am
I mean someone can get free cartridge if you can use offline by refill just a bit.
oh okay...that won't work, as soon as you go back online it will "remember" how much was printed offline and add it to your account allotment assuming you still have an active account and the printer recognized the carts as instant ink ones.
i've never attempted this but you are free to give it a shot if you are willing, I suppose.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1429 posts
404 upvotes
Fightguard wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:31 am
oh okay...that won't work, as soon as you go back online it will "remember" how much was printed offline and add it to your account allotment assuming you still have an active account and the printer recognized the carts as instant ink ones.
i've never attempted this but you are free to give it a shot if you are willing, I suppose.
I meant have two printers. One for online and one for offline. I don't think this marketing strategy work long term. People will find way to hack it as they always do.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2825 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:16 am
Is it qualified for Instant Ink?
HP lists 'HP DeskJet 2600 Series' as eligible, but is 2652 part of that family? Kinda doubt it.
the 2652 is part of the 2600 series (series is based on the first 2 digits), and therefore is indeed Instant Ink ready.
want further confirmation, i personally saw and read the 2652 box with my own eyes in store just last night...was trying to convince my uncle to buy it but he is a Canon loyalist to the end however.
Jul 19, 2005
776 posts
430 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:42 am
I meant have two printers. One for online and one for offline. I don't think this marketing strategy work long term. People will find way to hack it as they always do.
If you have two printers, you can sign both up for free ink anyway?
Nov 26, 2014
80 posts
423 upvotes
Montreal, QC
xpressmerchant wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 11:42 am
There are two reasons why this doesn't work. First, like the other commenter said, page counts update as soon as the printer connects to the Internet. It had to connect to the Internet in order to sign up for the service, and again when the first Instant Ink cartridge was installed. If the printer stays offline for a certain period (less than a month, I think it was two weeks or so) or never connects in the first place, the printer is locked and you can no longer print without either reconnecting to the Internet or replacing the subscription cartridges with regular retail ones. Secondly, the Instant Ink cartridges are keyed to the specific printer they are installed in, such that they simply do not work with other printers, even those of the same model. While you can disable this "cartridge protection" setting, it does not apply to Instant Ink cartridges, only retail ones. So you cannot use one online printer then swap cartridges to an entirely offline one (even if this lock didn't exist your offline printer wouldn't print until it connected to the Internet first anyways).

If you wanted to circumvent the page limits the only practical way to do so would be to transfer ink from the large subscription cartridges to regular ones. It really isn't worth the hassle.
koalajoe wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 1:00 pm
If you have two printers, you can sign both up for free ink anyway?
Yes, each printer you own can have its own plan, free or paid.
:facepalm: Common fallacies! Canadian pricing is the same as US pricing with FX and tax. Ink is more expensive than a new printer. LTE is 4G. Macs are more secure.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
2426 posts
2740 upvotes
Canada
Fightguard wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 12:32 pm
the 2652 is part of the 2600 series (series is based on the first 2 digits), and therefore is indeed Instant Ink ready.
want further confirmation, i personally saw and read the 2652 box with my own eyes in store just last night...was trying to convince my uncle to buy it but he is a Canon loyalist to the end however.
Are you sure it's first 2 digits and not 3? Because the next in the list is 'HP DeskJet 3630 Series'
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4316 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
seafish wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 1:18 pm
For the life of the printer (and as long as HP is supporting it)
15 pages/month free.
You can get 1 more year warranty from cc.
15 color per month is more than enough.

Do you need to buy this card?
https://www.staples.com/HP-Instant-Ink- ... ct_2769081
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2825 posts
1197 upvotes
Toronto
seafish wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 1:23 pm
Are you sure it's first 2 digits and not 3? Because the next in the list is 'HP DeskJet 3630 Series'
well i have the 3634
my account sees it as "3600 series"
correction, my account is indeed 3630 series.
but the 2652 does state "Instant Ink Ready" on the box itself
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1014 posts
106 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
This is available at all costcos?
Oct 8, 2003
617 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
Which costco is this located at? Just went to the Etobicoke location and nothing there.
Realtor at Blue Elephant Realty focused on the Toronto Condo Market and Real Estate Investing
Feb 15, 2012
25 posts
11 upvotes
Richibucto Road
seafish wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 1:18 pm
For the life of the printer (and as long as HP is supporting it)
15 pages/month free.
Do the unused pages roll over to the next month and so on after that?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1014 posts
106 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
called Warden location, no stock.
Nov 14, 2004
134 posts
40 upvotes
Kelowna
cleanthedirt wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 3:39 pm
Do the unused pages roll over to the next month and so on after that?
You can only rollover on a paid plan, and up to 2x your monthly plan's # of pages. So on a 50-page plan, you can roll over up to 100 pages each month.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)