Expired Hot Deals

[Staples] TILE Tracker Combo Pack $59.98 ($20 OFF)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2018 8:28 am
[OP]
Feb 27, 2012
64 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto

[Staples] TILE Tracker Combo Pack $59.98 ($20 OFF)

Lost my wallet last week (ended up finding it.. doh!) and have been wanting to pick up a slim tile for it since.

Found these on sale, not sure how often the go on sale, but the cheapest I could find for a combo pack in Canada.

Cheers RFD!
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7178 posts
2524 upvotes
MVRD
Non-replaceable battery, and battery runtime of 1 year.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
4149 posts
1425 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
chatbox wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 7:31 pm
Non-replaceable battery, and battery runtime of 1 year.
I think you can still open it and replace the battery.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Apr 18th, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Dec 8, 2009
159 posts
33 upvotes
I've had one going for 16 months and it still works. They recommend replacing the tile after 1 year but in my experience they can last longer.
Oct 8, 2013
274 posts
187 upvotes
Dartmouth
I just had a look at a few things. I can't imagine any reasonable way to replace the battery on the tile slim. Seems like something that isn't supposed to come back together. I'm sure someone is stubborn enough but I personally wouldn't touch it. The tile mate seems like replacing the battery would be fine. Seems easy enough and like people have success with it.
Nov 1, 2012
186 posts
126 upvotes
Markham
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 9:30 am
I think you can still cut it open and replace the battery.
Yep you can. And because the warranty is up you may as well try. Only issue would be that it is no longer has the liquid seal unless you're really good at the gluing it back together part.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2015
1240 posts
816 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
If change the battery, Tile can continue work for extra life?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7178 posts
2524 upvotes
MVRD
It's either:
1. A lazy design on the battery replacement capability; or
2. Engineered to be environmentally unfriendly.

Don't think I'm going to support their product.
(e.g. wrist watches have been having user-replaceable battery compartment (up to at least 100m) for decades.)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2555 posts
1685 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chatbox wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 11:01 am
It's either:
1. A lazy design on the battery replacement capability; or
2. Engineered to be environmentally unfriendly.

Don't think I'm going to support their product.
(e.g. wrist watches have been having user-replaceable battery compartment (up to at least 100m) for decades.)
It's engineered to force repeat sales. The environmentally responsible will bring the old ones to electronics recycling depots. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't environmentally responsible and will just throw it in the trash. But why not do the surgery to replace the battery and save the environment and the hassle of recycling.

Or better yet, why not adopt the habit of having a place for everything and keeping everything it in its place (wallet is either in your pocket or in the wallet spot) and stop losing things and wasting money on finders.
Banned
Mar 27, 2018
308 posts
266 upvotes
Stupid that at $25 each you can't replace the battery easily
Absurd
Sep 30, 2009
129 posts
27 upvotes
brampton
I have single sport pro series for $25 is anyone is interested.
Mar 22, 2013
585 posts
763 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Apr 18th, 2018 9:30 am
I think you can still open it and replace the battery.
You can, but the app knows the Tile has been in use for over a year and disables it automatically.