Entertainment

Star Trek Beyond Beyond (4th Abramsverse Film)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 4:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes

Star Trek Beyond Beyond (4th Abramsverse Film)

Paramount Pictures has already registered "Star Trek 4" with the MPAA leading to speculation that they are expecting good thing with Star Trek Beyond (July 22, 2016).
http://trekmovie.com/2016/04/30/is-para ... ar-trek-4/
Today, Paramount Pictures registered the title “STAR TREK 4” with the Motion Picture Association of America, TrekMovie has confirmed. Combined with the fact that Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto already signed on for a fourth film and talk from Simon Pegg that Beyond won’t be a “trilogy ender”, it’s looking more like Star Trek 4 is in our future.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
31 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7513 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
Hopefully it's better than the last one? I don't have a hate-on for the JJverse. I quite liked the first one (saw it in the theatre twice) but I thought the sequel fell flat. I didn't think it was a bad idea to reboot the universe and I liked the way they did it. There's so much trek cannon out there, changing trek history and paving a new path seemed a good way to go.

Hopefully the new movie is good.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1771 posts
408 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Studios do this all the time, "in case" their upcoming release does well as it's dirt cheap to register domains in advance. The same thing was done prior to FF4 reboot and Terminator Genisys, and we all know how both of those movies fared at the box office.

I think though superhero movies and Star Wars have definitely taken the limelight out of Trek these past few years that it's going to take an amazing film to bring it back to maintream media. All there is left to do is for Disney to magically acquire Star Trek too. Can you imagine??? lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:
May 3rd, 2016 11:57 am
Studios do this all the time, "in case" their upcoming release does well as it's dirt cheap to register domains in advance. The same thing was done prior to FF4 reboot and Terminator Genisys, and we all know how both of those movies fared at the box office.

I think though superhero movies and Star Wars have definitely taken the limelight out of Trek these past few years that it's going to take an amazing film to bring it back to maintream media. All there is left to do is for Disney to magically acquire Star Trek too. Can you imagine??? lol
Paramount has been hurting for cash with a loss of $130 million this past quarter. Hell, they're being sued for $27 million for not having enough product placement in Transformer 4.

While neither Abramsverse did gangbusters at the box office it did show there's a growing market space sci-fi action, hence Justin Lin of Fast fame taking the helm to build a mainstream friendly flick.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
should of been called "the lens flare timeline"

i dislike JJ making star trek more mainstream and less appealing to the hardcore fans. bring back the roddenberry universe of movies.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes
brandonl wrote:
Jun 28th, 2016 9:13 pm
should of been called "the lens flare timeline"

i dislike JJ making star trek more mainstream and less appealing to the hardcore fans. bring back the roddenberry universe of movies.
We'll be getting the old school Trek next year as a TV series.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6141 posts
2226 upvotes
Toronto
i like the movies... good amount of action and moral lesson at the end of it.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1771 posts
408 upvotes
Unionville, ON
daivey wrote:
Jun 28th, 2016 10:39 pm
i like the movies... good amount of action and moral lesson at the end of it.
Pray tell what was the moral lesson of the lensflare ST movies...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8817 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
Jun 26th, 2015 4:02 pm
If there's a fourth flick, Pine and Quinto are now contractually obligated to appear in it

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ses-805204
Abrams relates his certainty that a fourth film will happen
He also states Chekov won't be recast out of respect for Anton Yelchin

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/14/jj ... on-yelchin
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8817 posts
1869 upvotes
Toronto
^^^
Ugh!
Time travel booooooooo!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Jul 15th, 2016 6:34 pm
^^^
Ugh!
Time travel booooooooo!
I agree.

So now they want to shoehorn Thor into the movie just to sell more tickets.

Look, I wouldn't mind time traveling stories that would bring back dead characters in a TV series because of what the medium can afford them but a movie, I'm not a fan.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10375 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Time travel worked out okay for First Contact (although the movie's success did ruin Star Trek, with the desire to go mainstream for everything Star Trek afterwards ...).
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17746 posts
1322 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Jul 16th, 2016 2:32 am
Time travel worked out okay for First Contact (although the movie's success did ruin Star Trek, with the desire to go mainstream for everything Star Trek afterwards ...).
First Contact and The Voyage Home both had the luxury of a lot more back story from the TV shows. This universe doesn't. That was one of the issues with Into Darkness when they tried to replicate Wrath of Khan without all the history between the characters.

With that said, I will reserve judgement until it's released.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale: