Entertainment

Star Trek Beyond Beyond (4th Abramsverse Film)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 4:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10375 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
They could always go back in time before JarJar Fed it up. :)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26977 posts
6423 upvotes
GTHA
‘No Guarantee’ Star Trek 4 Will Happen
http://screenrant.com/star-trek-4-zacha ... to-update/

Appearing on Today in order to promote Aardvark, Quinto confirmed that a script is being written, but that there is “no guarantee” it will make it to the big screen.

I know that they are working on a script for another one and we’ll see how that all plays out, but the nice thing about that experience is that the time in between those big tentpole films allows us to go off and cultivate a lot of different creative experiences for ourselves. … I’m hopeful that we’ll do another one, but there’s no guarantee.
May 22, 2016
870 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
They need to go back in time to fix the future of these movies. Erase the new timeline and make a movie in the future with a new cast. The can do whatever they want. Add more action by starting a massive galaxy wide war and make the old fans happy by not destroying everything star trek.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7514 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
I'd love to see tarantino take a stab at it. Generally his movies have a lot of dialogue and setup. Something that's been missed in the new star trek.

I don't entirely thing they need to reboot the rebooted universe. I thought changing the timeline was a good way to make new stories without having to deal with cannon, but it feels like they never figured out how to take advantage of it.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
563 upvotes
Aurora
I've heard rumours of Quentin Tarantino's interest and possible involvment, on and off, for quite some time now. Let's hope it really happens.

"Hey, why do I get the RED shirt?"
"Jesus, who cares, it's only a shirt."
"Easy for you to say, you get to wear a cool GOLD shirt."
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10375 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
It's not red anymore; it's bronze :) . Gold, silver, bronze. I guess that means higher-ups get the "Award of Excellence" :D .
Dec 22, 2014
509 posts
112 upvotes
Regina, SK
I don't think Tarantino would make the Trek with a hard R rating. Probably his way of saying back off and let me do my thing. I could be wrong on that line of thinking.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17747 posts
1322 upvotes
VicRav wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 1:30 am
I don't think Tarantino would make the Trek with a hard R rating. Probably his way of saying back off and let me do my thing. I could be wrong on that line of thinking.
He's never done a non-R movie so yeah, he probably wants the freedom of unlimited curse words and maybe some more blood than PG-13 would allow.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6036 posts
821 upvotes
Grimsby
A Tarantino Star Trek would get me out to the theaters day of release with most of our friends along for the ride.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10212 posts
748 upvotes
Mississauga
Redmask wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 11:06 am
A Tarantino Star Trek would get me out to the theaters day of release with most of our friends along for the ride.
Tarantino Trek would definitely be the sharp kick in the ass that the Trek movie franchise needs. Patrick Stewart has even said he would gladly reprise playing Picard again if QT is onboard.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23410 posts
1107 upvotes
Markham, ON
A HARD R....or a soft R?

....this is Tarantino...so brains and blood on the bridge "glass" space shield?