• Feb 25th, 2024 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19235 posts
17863 upvotes
GTA, ON
badOne wrote: I believe she was on homeland. I don't think she lasted more than 1 season though. She didn't even last more than 5 ep for this series.
She also played one of the final 5 Cylons on BSG. She betrayed the President of the colonies and humanity.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
manixc wrote: Is it just me or is there no subtitles when the Klingons we're speaking?
It's just you and the bad torrent you got.

I read that in countries where Discovery is on Netflix, there is an option for Klingon subtitles, which is so nerdy cool!
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4263 posts
469 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: Which is why I'm sure the show will explain why the spore drive can't actually be used. Hopefully it'll be a little more than Starfleet's just not willing to force a creature into torture because as you said, other races in the Universe certainly would have. They obviously aren't going to kill their main story line with something as simple as basically teleporting wherever they'd like doing whatever they'd like.
i bet the beast dies somehow and it's the last of its kind. Or perhaps Klingons will avenge their dead comrades and eradicate them...
manixc wrote: Is it just me or is there no subtitles when the Klingons we're speaking?
Definitely are subtitles, but someone dropped the ball there because some subtitles are only displayed for a split second so there's no time to read them and take in some of the visuals.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
Maybe the spore drive has some nasty side-effects with prolonged use, preventing it from being used by anyone. I'm thinking something like what happens in the video game The Last of Us.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3740 posts
3962 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote: Nah, it's not a soap opera unless it has love triangles, like BSG75.
There is! On the Klingons side or it was starting to develop in episode 4. Can't wait for the three way episode! Hope the sub titles can keep up with the action! :)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Kingmoo wrote: i bet the beast dies somehow and it's the last of its kind. Or perhaps Klingons will avenge their dead comrades and eradicate them...
Also plausible. I actually like the option of the Klingons eradicating an entire species in their attempt to win the War with Starfleet. It adds to the conversation of crossing lines. Can someone convince themselves its worth the torture of one life to win a War? What about and entire species?
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but these Klingons with a cloak is not canon, at least not in real Star Trek. Cloaking technology was invented by the Romulans, and it was first seen by the Federation in TOS.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2535 upvotes
Markham, ON
Talamasca wrote: Maybe the spore drive has some nasty side-effects with prolonged use, preventing it from being used by anyone. I'm thinking something like what happens in the video game The Last of Us.
so far I trust the writers...been pretty creative so far in most part
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
rabbit wrote: I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but these Klingons with a cloak is not canon, at least not in real Star Trek. Cloaking technology was invented by the Romulans, and it was first seen by the Federation in TOS.
def not canon. A lot of the tech shown in Discovery is wayyy too advanced for TOS. but with that said, it has been a pretty good series so far. Looking forward to the next epi.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3863 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote: Also plausible. I actually like the option of the Klingons eradicating an entire species in their attempt to win the War with Starfleet. It adds to the conversation of crossing lines. Can someone convince themselves its worth the torture of one life to win a War? What about and entire species?
klingons eradicated the tribble homeworld.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
stevelam wrote: klingons eradicated the tribble homeworld.
must have been some glorious battle. So high and mighty of them. Unite all the houses by starting wars against peaceful civilizations :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
rabbit wrote: I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but these Klingons with a cloak is not canon, at least not in real Star Trek. Cloaking technology was invented by the Romulans, and it was first seen by the Federation in TOS.
yesstyle wrote: def not canon. A lot of the tech shown in Discovery is wayyy too advanced for TOS. but with that said, it has been a pretty good series so far. Looking forward to the next epi.
True but the show's creators have been clever on trying to kind of thread the line between canon and new tech. Stuff we've seen so far (aside from visual representation of consoles etc. which is completely acceptable as updates to the looks of the show, not the tech) are not so out of place (say, quantum torpedoes for example) to entirely become non-canon but the more subtle stuff like replicators (could be explained as experimental or pioneering tech) or as mentioned the Klingon Cloak which appears to be a crude prototype (remember, Zhenzhou could tell something was being hidden, just couldn't figure what) so I feel it's still whit in reasonable belief to think Klingons were developing cloak but it was in early stages.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13164 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
yesstyle wrote: must have been some glorious battle. So high and mighty of them. Unite all the houses by starting wars against peaceful civilizations :rolleyes:
"Tell me, do they still sing songs about the Great Tribble Hunt?" - Odo :D
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
X24Secret wrote: I must have missed it as the sequence unfolded with lightning speed! Initially I thought is a joke but after the WTF momemt I was certain it's some sort of clever ploy to get "Michael" to try harder or something to that effect after the Captain commented regarding her death not being in vain. Lol

I admit I think I would have liked that charcter but then again I also liked Tasha Yar!
Tasha Yar was given so much more than this girl was, and that's saying something. What a terrible way to redshirt someone who should've been capable of more intelligent actions.

Also, I friggin hate the spinning saucer section effect when they use the spore drive.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1671 posts
402 upvotes
Montreal
This reminded me of the Voyager 2part episode -Equinox.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15212 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
USS Discovery + spore drive reminds me of TNG's USS Pegasus. Perhaps when Discovery ends, the ship can share the same fate :-D .
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
The swearing is gonna take some getting used to...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3487 upvotes
Victoria
M1GOmigs wrote: The swearing is gonna take some getting used to...
I loved that part. Swearing was completely taboo in the 60's when trek started, but slowly over the decades it's creeped into common vocabulary. Certain words are slows losing their taboo superstitions, so it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't taboo at all in a few hundred years.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Who else think the rescued Starfleet person is a spy? ..... If he appears in the next episodes, he's definitely a spy! I was half expecting Saru to be the only one compatible with the Jumping creatures DNA.......
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17423 posts
12773 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: The swearing is gonna take some getting used to...
zod wrote: Swearing was completely taboo in the 60's when trek started, but slowly over the decades it's creeped into common vocabulary. Certain words are slows losing their taboo superstitions, so it wouldn't surprise me if they aren't taboo at all in a few hundred years.
Maybe but it didn't seem so common there wasn't a pause after the young excitable Tilley(?) blurted it out
coilz wrote: Who else think the rescued Starfleet person is a spy? ..... If he appears in the next episodes, he's definitely a spy!
Moley!
The literal bug is probably misdirection
Also that actor has been promoting the show since before the show aired and just showed up in an episode now?
I'm assuming he's important OTOH I think Yeoh is still doing promotion
I didn't think they'd take Mirror universe so literally
Rainn Wilson ably recreated that character but I'm sorry to say I don't see any point having that character other than fan service