• Feb 25th, 2024 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13159 posts
3725 upvotes
Mississauga
Those forest scenes look like the Escarpment, just west of Milton lol.
Sep 10, 2004
571 posts
110 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: Those forest scenes look like the Escarpment, just west of Milton lol.
They were filmed in Toronto. It is probable they also got their outdoor shots around the GTA area.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7361 posts
4667 upvotes
Between Countries
This was quite a good episode. Also, it showed off more of the capabilities of Saru's race other than a generic alien with a weird head.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5437 posts
2424 upvotes
Mid season finale already. Let's see if the admiral is dead or not
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
2094 posts
1079 upvotes
VANCOUVER
coilz wrote: Mid season finale already. Let's see if the admiral is dead or not
I vote not dead and with Lorca saving her I think she owes it to him to not "out" him as unstable.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
If Tyler is Voq, it wouldn't have been straight plastic surgery as in this past episode, he's in sickbay and a screen shows his internal organs. I would assume if he had Klingon organs, it would show there.

This Tyler is Voq thing could all be a red herring. Or it's true and Voq did some full body transfer or even a mind merge with the real Ash Tyler. With L'Rell seemingly looking to defect and pushing Admiral Cornwell to get onto the Discovery, L'Rell and Voq may have planned to take down Kol by siding with the Federation. They could have planned to unite the Klingons this way but as they interact with Burhnam and Cornwell, they start understanding the Federation.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: If Tyler is Voq, ...
Sadly I think it's true

I don't know how they're going to explain it but at the very least it's likely they're played by the same actor (maybe that's the real reason for the radical Klingon redesign)

Like Into Darkness you can't keep secrets from monomaniacally analytical Trekkies (or you got up your misdirection/obfuscation game)

Ironically I think I would have loved that twist if the creatives covered their tracks with much more diligence
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10732 posts
7891 upvotes
Global Village
If Tyler is Voq?! There is no way they can expect us to believe that by Voq merely spending time on the Shinzu and accessing whatever earth database was left standing he could convincingly have the accent, mannerisms, familiarity with Starfleet that Tyler does. And Klingons having the ability to take over an alien species body and mind to such an extent seems totally inconsistent with the Klingons of the future we've seen. If they take it there it would be so ridiculous to me I'd give up on watching the show.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Banned
Nov 27, 2006
2200 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: If Tyler is Voq?! There is no way they can expect us to believe that by Voq merely spending time on the Shinzu and accessing whatever earth database was left standing he could convincingly have the accent, mannerisms, familiarity with Starfleet that Tyler does. And Klingons having the ability to take over an alien species body and mind to such an extent seems totally inconsistent with the Klingons of the future we've seen. If they take it there it would be so ridiculous to me I'd give up on watching the show.
just tortured i think, nothing like that.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
I was satisfied with the last episode of the year
Arguably it was a little pandering but I was susceptible
I don't think Burnham should've been a match for Kol
IIRC Canadian actress Wendy Crewson claimed she was cast but now I'm thinking she was supposed to play Cornwell and got recast
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18045 posts
980 upvotes
I just watched up to the fifth(maybe 6th) episode, which ever has the swear in it. This isn't star trek. It's not bad Science fiction though. I fear it is losing steam though. Will watch a bit more.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23680 posts
5122 upvotes
Niagara Falls
jenviea wrote: I was satisfied with the last episode of the year
Arguably it was a little pandering but I was susceptible
I don't think Burnham should've been a match for Kol
IIRC Canadian actress Wendy Crewson claimed she was cast but now I'm thinking she was supposed to play Cornwell and got recast
I found the fight scene odd as well. At least Burnham was getting beat but I guess they should have shown Kol toying with her more. I mean, he's trying to be the supreme leader of a warrior race, you'd think he'd be one of, if not the best fighter they have.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1628 posts
953 upvotes
TORONTO
Loved last nights episode! Glad I PVR'd it and started mid way.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5437 posts
2424 upvotes
So maybe Tyler was brain washed possibly during his torture? Something must've been implanted in his mind that'll be triggered in the future

and also... Mirror-verse time? looks like they ended up in a place where starfleet destroyed the klingons?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
coilz wrote: So maybe Tyler was brain washed possibly during his torture? Something must've been implanted in his mind that'll be triggered in the future
Looking like L'Rell might have implanted Voq into Tyler.
coilz wrote: and also... Mirror-verse time? looks like they ended up in a place where starfleet destroyed the klingons?
The Terran Empire certainly kicked assed in the Mirror-verse.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
coilz wrote: So maybe Tyler was brain washed possibly during his torture? Something must've been implanted in his mind that'll be triggered in the future

and also... Mirror-verse time? looks like they ended up in a place where starfleet destroyed the klingons?
Hmm time for them to capture some nice technology to bring back home for the fight. And they only have 4-5 more eps to do that.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5437 posts
2424 upvotes
badOne wrote: Hmm time for them to capture some nice technology to bring back home for the fight. And they only have 4-5 more eps to do that.

Sadly I predict they'll be the "hunted" as well with the terran empire wanting the spore drive for their conquest as well. Episodes will probably concentrate on getting home.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
The scene of the chamber holding Lt. Stamets froze, just like the on the other ship when they found it adrift - what's the theory to that?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
jenviea wrote: Love it or lump it, a second season has just been announced

Work on the second season has started, will air early 2019.

Even though work on the second season is about to get stated, don’t expect to watch the second season until some time early in 2019. Alex Kurtzman has already said he’d like to make sure the second season gets the time it needs, learning from mistakes made during the first season’s production.
from http://ncc-1031.com/news/aaron-harberts ... rts-today/
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
Don't see how they can expect people to keep their CBS subscriptions if the wait is 1 year or more. There will be significant cancellations. They are better off if they spread out the episodes more to give them more time to work on them.