None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5136 posts
1215 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
badOne wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 8:23 pm
I believe she was on homeland. I don't think she lasted more than 1 season though. She didn't even last more than 5 ep for this series.
She also played one of the final 5 Cylons on BSG. She betrayed the President of the colonies and humanity.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10051 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
manixc wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:09 am
Is it just me or is there no subtitles when the Klingons we're speaking?
It's just you and the bad torrent you got.

I read that in countries where Discovery is on Netflix, there is an option for Klingon subtitles, which is so nerdy cool!
Penalty Box
Oct 15, 2006
4261 posts
433 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:57 pm
Which is why I'm sure the show will explain why the spore drive can't actually be used. Hopefully it'll be a little more than Starfleet's just not willing to force a creature into torture because as you said, other races in the Universe certainly would have. They obviously aren't going to kill their main story line with something as simple as basically teleporting wherever they'd like doing whatever they'd like.
i bet the beast dies somehow and it's the last of its kind. Or perhaps Klingons will avenge their dead comrades and eradicate them...
manixc wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 12:09 am
Is it just me or is there no subtitles when the Klingons we're speaking?
Definitely are subtitles, but someone dropped the ball there because some subtitles are only displayed for a split second so there's no time to read them and take in some of the visuals.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10051 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
Maybe the spore drive has some nasty side-effects with prolonged use, preventing it from being used by anyone. I'm thinking something like what happens in the video game The Last of Us.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1399 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 2:18 am
Nah, it's not a soap opera unless it has love triangles, like BSG75.
There is! On the Klingons side or it was starting to develop in episode 4. Can't wait for the three way episode! Hope the sub titles can keep up with the action! :)
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16558 posts
1001 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Kingmoo wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 3:18 pm
i bet the beast dies somehow and it's the last of its kind. Or perhaps Klingons will avenge their dead comrades and eradicate them...
Also plausible. I actually like the option of the Klingons eradicating an entire species in their attempt to win the War with Starfleet. It adds to the conversation of crossing lines. Can someone convince themselves its worth the torture of one life to win a War? What about and entire species?
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10278 posts
643 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but these Klingons with a cloak is not canon, at least not in real Star Trek. Cloaking technology was invented by the Romulans, and it was first seen by the Federation in TOS.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23339 posts
1083 upvotes
Markham, ON
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:10 pm
Maybe the spore drive has some nasty side-effects with prolonged use, preventing it from being used by anyone. I'm thinking something like what happens in the video game The Last of Us.
so far I trust the writers...been pretty creative so far in most part
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3757 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 6:17 am
I don't remember if it was already mentioned, but these Klingons with a cloak is not canon, at least not in real Star Trek. Cloaking technology was invented by the Romulans, and it was first seen by the Federation in TOS.
def not canon. A lot of the tech shown in Discovery is wayyy too advanced for TOS. but with that said, it has been a pretty good series so far. Looking forward to the next epi.
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
May 1, 2006
3583 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 5:22 pm
Also plausible. I actually like the option of the Klingons eradicating an entire species in their attempt to win the War with Starfleet. It adds to the conversation of crossing lines. Can someone convince themselves its worth the torture of one life to win a War? What about and entire species?
klingons eradicated the tribble homeworld.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3757 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
stevelam wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:35 pm
klingons eradicated the tribble homeworld.
must have been some glorious battle. So high and mighty of them. Unite all the houses by starting wars against peaceful civilizations :rolleyes:
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2645 posts
1377 upvotes
Markham
rabbit wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 6:17 am
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 10:53 am
def not canon. A lot of the tech shown in Discovery is wayyy too advanced for TOS. but with that said, it has been a pretty good series so far. Looking forward to the next epi.
True but the show's creators have been clever on trying to kind of thread the line between canon and new tech. Stuff we've seen so far (aside from visual representation of consoles etc. which is completely acceptable as updates to the looks of the show, not the tech) are not so out of place (say, quantum torpedoes for example) to entirely become non-canon but the more subtle stuff like replicators (could be explained as experimental or pioneering tech) or as mentioned the Klingon Cloak which appears to be a crude prototype (remember, Zhenzhou could tell something was being hidden, just couldn't figure what) so I feel it's still whit in reasonable belief to think Klingons were developing cloak but it was in early stages.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10051 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 1:51 pm
must have been some glorious battle. So high and mighty of them. Unite all the houses by starting wars against peaceful civilizations :rolleyes:
"Tell me, do they still sing songs about the Great Tribble Hunt?" - Odo :D
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3146 posts
618 upvotes
Toronto
X24Secret wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:13 pm
I must have missed it as the sequence unfolded with lightning speed! Initially I thought is a joke but after the WTF momemt I was certain it's some sort of clever ploy to get "Michael" to try harder or something to that effect after the Captain commented regarding her death not being in vain. Lol

I admit I think I would have liked that charcter but then again I also liked Tasha Yar!
Tasha Yar was given so much more than this girl was, and that's saying something. What a terrible way to redshirt someone who should've been capable of more intelligent actions.

Also, I friggin hate the spinning saucer section effect when they use the spore drive.
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1636 posts
320 upvotes
Montreal
This reminded me of the Voyager 2part episode -Equinox.