• Feb 25th, 2024 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
brandonly wrote: its kinda interesting but i dont see the point. his autobiography filled in the gap.
Would you rather see a Michael Bay and JJ Abrams team up?

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15193 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Haz wrote:
I think Starfleet Academy is a good place to build the part of the universe to attract some of the younger crowd.
joeyjoejoe wrote: I don't want Star Trek: 90210
Well, it wasn't done too badly on DS9, with Red Squad and the Defiant-class ship, although that was only one episode. TNG's take, with Wil Wheaton and the dude who played Tom Paris (Voyager), was too teen for me, though.

Haz wrote: Would you rather see a Michael Bay and JJ Abrams team up?
They can do a Transformers and The Fast and the Furious crossover :D .
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25307 posts
2524 upvotes
Markham, ON
Starfleet Academy would be good (Riverdale, 13 reasons why, styled in space)...but hardcore fans will just tear IT APART.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12797 posts
3471 upvotes
rabbit wrote: Well, it wasn't done too badly on DS9, with Red Squad and the Defiant-class ship, although that was only one episode. TNG's take, with Wil Wheaton and the dude who played Tom Paris (Voyager), was too teen for me, though.

They can do a Transformers and The Fast and the Furious crossover :D .
thelefteyeguy wrote: Starfleet Academy would be good (Riverdale, 13 reasons why, styled in space)...but hardcore fans will just tear IT APART.
I dunno... I feel like teen angst and Star Trek don't blend well. Although technically, this would be more like basic training/university than high school drama.

Another problem would be Star Trek is about discovery.... which is hard to do when you're stuck on Earth in Starfleet Academy.

Side note: Tom Paris was never a teen on Voyager. The character's metal age might be somewhere in the teens, but that receding hairline says otherwise.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1340 posts
322 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
tom paris was in his 30's i believe.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15193 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
hi.jpg
I meant the actor who played Tom Paris was some other character in that episode of TNG. I didn't mean the character Tom Paris was in TNG. I don't think his hairline was that great in TNG, either. Haven't seen that episode in 15 years, though.

Found the episode. Guess his hair wasn't so bad :D .
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote: I meant the actor who played Tom Paris was some other character in that episode of TNG. I didn't mean the character Tom Paris was in TNG.
I got what you meant
IMO your initial statement was clear with commas and everything
rabbit wrote: TNG's take, with Wil Wheaton and the dude who played Tom Paris (Voyager), was too teen for me, though.
I dunno how it was interpreted as Tom Paris was in TNG or that Tom Paris was a teen
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
Looks exciting! And the search for spock version 1 for season 2!
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15193 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Red matter :D .

Is that a bowtie that Pike is wearing with his uniform? :D I like how they made the TOS shirt look like a jacket.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7361 posts
4667 upvotes
Between Countries
I like Pike's portrayal in the trailer- no nonsense, to the point, tight, and in charge like how Bruce Greenwood did it. But the choice of song in the trailer ... I dunno.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
DiceMan wrote: But the choice of song in the trailer ... I dunno.
Would you have preferred Sabotage? ;)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7361 posts
4667 upvotes
Between Countries
jenviea wrote: Would you have preferred Sabotage? ;)
Lol, naw. As you say, so shiny and Abramsy! Sign o' the times.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2459 posts
678 upvotes
Ontario
The Alien sneezed on Bones......
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19202 posts
17816 upvotes
GTA, ON
jenviea wrote: As Alex Kurtzman signs a new deal with CBS word is coming about their expansion plans for Trek via Variety

Some rumoured takes

-A series set at Starfleet Academy from creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz. The duo most recently developed the CW’s reboot of “Dynasty” and previously created shows like “Gossip Girl” and Hulu and Marvel’s “Runaways.”
webshark wrote: We need the future. Not "Starfleet academy" or another Khan story. I am sick of star trek boldly going to the same place over and over.
Haz wrote:
I think Starfleet Academy is a good place to build the part of the universe to attract some of the younger crowd.
joeyjoejoe wrote: I don't want Stat Trek: 90210
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
DiceMan wrote: I like Pike's portrayal in the trailer- no nonsense, to the point, tight, and in charge like how Bruce Greenwood did it. But the choice of song in the trailer ... I dunno.
Netflix trailer does not have this song...

Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13159 posts
3725 upvotes
Mississauga
Terry Farrell still looks damn good at 54. I forgot that she was married to Adam Nimoy.

Best of luck to new Spock!
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17377 posts
12713 upvotes
Toronto
They've announced the air dates for the Trek Disco short films meant to tide fans over while waiting for season 2

I'm not sure if Space has the Canadian rights or not

“Runaway” – Thursday, Oct. 4

Onboard the U.S.S. Discovery, Ensign Tilly (Mary Wiseman) encounters an unexpected visitor in need of help. However, this unlikely pair may have more in common than meets the eye.

Written by Jenny Lumet and Alex Kurtzman. Directed by Maja Vrvilo.

“Calypso” – Thursday, Nov. 8

After waking up in an unfamiliar sickbay, Craft (Aldis Hodge) finds himself on board a deserted ship, and his only companion and hope for survival is an A.I. computer interface.

Teleplay by Michael Chabon. Story by Sean Cochran and Michael Chabon. Directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi.

“The Brightest Star” – Thursday, Dec. 6

Before he was the first Kelpien to join Starfleet, Saru (Doug Jones) lived a simple life on his home planet of Kaminar with his father and sister. Young Saru, full of ingenuity and a level of curiosity uncommon among his people, yearns to find out what lies beyond his village, leading him on an unexpected path.

Written by Bo Yeon Kim & Erika Lippoldt. Directed by Douglas Aarniokoski.

“The Escape Artist” – Thursday, Jan. 3

Harry Mudd (Rainn Wilson), back to his old tricks of stealing and double-dealing, finds himself in a precarious position aboard a hostile ship – just in time to try out his latest con.

Written by Michael McMahan. Directed by Rainn Wilson.

http://www.startrek.com/article/short-t ... e-revealed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)