None
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10409 posts
868 upvotes
Mississauga
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:49 am
Are Trekkies actually complaining about having to read subtitles???
Well all the other aliens on the shows speak English! :D
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1645 posts
277 upvotes
shikotee wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 11:28 am
I suspect there is a correlation between subtitle dislike and multi-tasking while watching.
I must admit, that I often use my tablet while watching on my large TV.
I recently started binge watching "The Americans", and realized how much harder it was to multi-task (because of the many scenes in Russian that used subtitles).
I definitely recall, for this reason, also slightly being annoyed with Discovery.

In my defense, I'm not actually engaging in social media.
Often scrolling through newsfeeds and forums that I frequent.
Not sure how much this has damaged my attention span...
Haha, very true. I multitask all the time when I watch tv nowadays, but I never found an issue with Discovery because Klingons talk so slow and subtitles are huge. That said, I love Narcos but I hate the fact that I have to be watching it almost the entire time due to the subtitles.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14801 posts
3350 upvotes
Now, that was much more like a Star Trek episode SHOULD be. Just remembered something from "The Trouble With Tribbles' all those years ago about modifying people to look human.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14801 posts
3350 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 8:49 am
Are Trekkies actually complaining about having to read subtitles???
Not this one. Been watching subbed anime for almost 40 years now (as well as movies from other countries like Japan and China) so it doesn't bother me at all...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2293 posts
326 upvotes
Interesting start to the second half of the season. Wonder how long they'll be in the mirrorverse ? I guess we were right that Tyler have been "brainwashed/transformed". Will he go full albino klingon or will they be able to separate the two ? It's a shame what happened to the doctor... :(
Sep 30, 2001
26738 posts
5740 upvotes
Toronto
at first i was like :| but then I was like :O

nice job by Jonathan Frakes on this ep
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7819 posts
866 upvotes
Victoria
Pretty cool callbacks to Tos and Enterprise with the mention of the Defiant (especially the part about a future ship getting stuck in the mirror universe in the past.

Really enjoyed the ep. I was also surprised to see Jonathan Frakes directed it... that's pretty cool.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4286 posts
650 upvotes
Aurora
Very good episode. "Assh0les", LOL, unnecessary dialogue but funny. Yeah, the doctor didn't deserve that; I liked him. Getting tortured in the torture booths 24 hrs a day looks sucky - that's got to leave mental scars.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17894 posts
1389 upvotes
So the Defiant is still kicking around 100 years after Hoshi took it to become the Empress. Quite a sturdy ship.
MrDisco wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 11:07 pm
at first i was like :| but then I was like :O

nice job by Jonathan Frakes on this ep
Yeah. I like how they're on a mission and they decide to bone while leaving their captain to be zapped.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jun 29, 2010
971 posts
223 upvotes
coilz wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 10:03 pm
Interesting start to the second half of the season. Wonder how long they'll be in the mirrorverse ? I guess we were right that Tyler have been "brainwashed/transformed". Will he go full albino klingon or will they be able to separate the two ? It's a shame what happened to the doctor... :(
I thought that Tyler wasn't actually Tyler, but was Klingon dude who had been almost completely reconstructed into the image of a human, hence the massive restructuring of bones and tissue that the doctor found.

Also wouldn't Captain Georgio be there somewhere - or did I miss that she'd been offed by Michael? Tablet multitasking :(
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2293 posts
326 upvotes
Psychopathetic wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:54 am
I thought that Tyler wasn't actually Tyler, but was Klingon dude who had been almost completely reconstructed into the image of a human, hence the massive restructuring of bones and tissue that the doctor found.

Also wouldn't Captain Georgio be there somewhere - or did I miss that she'd been offed by Michael? Tablet multitasking :(
I think they implied the placed some enhancement in his bone structure or organs?...

My bet is Georguio is the emperor!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2225 posts
694 upvotes
I don't think tyler's coming back from this mission, not after he killed the doctor and everyone is having doubts about him. He'll probably take over the ship after the rest of his crew is leaves and we'll see him again in season 3 for a 1-2 ep special.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10409 posts
868 upvotes
Mississauga
coilz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:06 pm

My bet is Georguio is the emperor!!!!!!
That was my guess too, which would be awesome.

Fantastic episode by the way. The Terran Empire uniforms looked incredible. Lol at Captain "Killy"!