• Jan 19th, 2018 5:57 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8888 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
Man how long are they staying through the looking glass?
It's fun to visit but the show can't live there
At least one more week and the ep after that is called 'Vaulting Ambition' which can be interpreted as another mirror ep

An EW writer offered the show was rebooting itself but I didn't think the show is now about the mirror universe but now I'm not so sure
The fourth (chapter 2) episode being called 'What's Past is Prologue' could hint at this arc wrapping up but who knows?
Mar 20, 2009
379 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I dunno. Kinda rubbed my rhubarb wrong.
Just seems way too early to go mirrorverse.
I don't feel I know this crew well enough to appreciate their mirrors.
Very much agree about the emperor predictions.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17813 posts
1362 upvotes
Does nobody think the Emperor might be the doctor?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4130 posts
595 upvotes
Aurora
Maybe the Emperor is Khan! In this universe, the superior humans succeeded in taking over earth and the Fed's and made it into the Empire.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5514 posts
1521 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
coilz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 5:06 pm
I think they implied the placed some enhancement in his bone structure or organs?...

My bet is Georguio is the emperor!!!!!!
I thought they had said Burnam killed her to become captain? I must be wrong though.

Would be interesting... Georguio, the daughter of Empress Hoshi Sato? Okay okay. One is Chinese, the other Japanese...
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2265 posts
632 upvotes
Global Village
shikotee wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:25 pm
I dunno. Kinda rubbed my rhubarb wrong.
Just seems way too early to go mirrorverse.
I don't feel I know this crew well enough to appreciate their mirrors.
Very much agree about the emperor predictions.
I agree, this alt uni move feels premature, something I would expect after the 1st season when I have gotten to know and like the characters more. I guess they saw it as a way to make the show funnier a-la-Orville only less effective.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2131 posts
289 upvotes
All our guesses as who the emperor is were correct !! Let’s see how they get out of this jam now . Tyler/voq will somehow escape after they get back ? Will he become some sort of recuring enemy? Or will he be humanized?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
coilz wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 10:20 pm
All our guesses as who the emperor is were correct !! Let’s see how they get out of this jam now . Tyler/voq will somehow escape after they get back ? Will he become some sort of recuring enemy? Or will he be humanized?
They could go in any direction for TyVoq, which is really interesting. For now though, I want to see what Emperor Georgiou does! For the first real time too, we got to see how destructive photon torpedoes are when used against a planet, and these are torpedoes with technology a century older than what we saw in the newer series. It was like seeing a hundred nukes go off. DS9 showed or implied the effects of planetary bombardment a few times, but now we really got to see it with modern FX.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4527 posts
784 upvotes
Evil Captain Tilly cleans up nice.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14537 posts
3202 upvotes
So, was Linda Park playing the Empress/Emperor? In the concordance for Enterprise she was listed as the first Empress, not Emperor. I didn't see who was playing that character in the credits. Nothing on Imdb for that episode either...
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
27881 posts
6691 upvotes
GTHA
DougO wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 1:57 pm
So, was Linda Park playing the Empress/Emperor? In the concordance for Enterprise she was listed as the first Empress, not Emperor. I didn't see who was playing that character in the credits. Nothing on Imdb for that episode either...
Michelle Yeoh

The biggest twist in the latest episode of Star Trek: Discovery is easily the return of Captain Philippa Georgiou played by Michelle Yeoh. Except of course, she’s not Captain Georgiou anymore, that’s Emperor Georgiou, to you. But, will this triumphant return of Yeoh to the Trek fold relegate her to being a one-note baddie? Or, could this evil Georgiou turn good?

https://www.inverse.com/article/40204-s ... r-universe
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
14537 posts
3202 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 2:42 pm
Michelle Yeoh

The biggest twist in the latest episode of Star Trek: Discovery is easily the return of Captain Philippa Georgiou played by Michelle Yeoh. Except of course, she’s not Captain Georgiou anymore, that’s Emperor Georgiou, to you. But, will this triumphant return of Yeoh to the Trek fold relegate her to being a one-note baddie? Or, could this evil Georgiou turn good?

https://www.inverse.com/article/40204-s ... r-universe
Ah yes. Didn't make the connection. Wonder what happened to Linda Park's first Empress character from the Mirror universe Enterprise episode and how many years since that time are we up to now? Only 4 more episodes until the end of the first season...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10291 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
DougO wrote:
Jan 15th, 2018 2:50 pm
Ah yes. Didn't make the connection. Wonder what happened to Linda Park's first Empress character from the Mirror universe Enterprise episode and how many years since that time are we up to now? Only 4 more episodes until the end of the first season...
The events of the Enterprise series take place approximately a century before those shown in Discovery. Everyone who is human on that series is either dead or very old at this point. T'Pol is likely still kicking around though.
Mar 20, 2009
379 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if we will get an episode that shows us what the evil Discovery is doing in the regular universe.
When our Discovery returns, will they swap places again? Could be more fun to not have that happen, and keep it a mystery (then show up out of nowhere somewhere in season 3 and attack).
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
6200 posts
2258 upvotes
Toronto
I liked the episodes but I agree that the jump to mirror verse reality was to soon in this series. This should have been reserved for Season 2 or something..
Star Trek Enterprise did the same thing with the whole Xindhi thing.

kind of annoying.