• Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2024 12:26 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
techjedi wrote: you think this will kill the series?
Not if they stop using that drive in the storyline, which they are already no longer using. CBS is a big company - they can buy their way out if needs be.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1768 posts
759 upvotes
or they could come to some sort of agreement with the original author.
if they stop using the drive now it's kinda like... well now what??
badOne wrote: Not if they stop using that drive in the storyline, which they are already no longer using. CBS is a big company - they can buy their way out if needs be.
are we there yet?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11665 posts
3470 upvotes
Victoria
techjedi wrote: or they could come to some sort of agreement with the original author.
I thought they already did. IE the technology was harmful to the organism they needed to make it work. I assumed it would be warp drive from here on out (Except maybe the odd emergency).
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
techjedi wrote: or they could come to some sort of agreement with the original author.
This will not hurt STD. CBS will pay the guy out and he will continue working on his game in his spare time until it's complete and release it to throngs of new buyers who found out about the game through this lawsuit news. STD will continue with new seasons and new stories.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10731 posts
7891 upvotes
Global Village
S02 premiere was fantastic, felt like watching a Trek film.

I gave up watching the 1st season midway with their Klingon inside me BS but now I have new hope.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
2663 posts
1513 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote: S02 premiere was fantastic, felt like watching a Trek film.

I gave up watching the 1st season midway with their Klingon inside me BS but now I have new hope.
It wasn't bad... I enjoyed s01 too...

Having said that... I'm a much bigger fan of the older series...

But discovery isn't unbelievably bad... Or anything...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
scoper wrote: S02 premiere was fantastic, felt like watching a Trek film.

Exactly my reaction too. I hope it doesn't go down from here.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11665 posts
3470 upvotes
Victoria
I'm enjoying it. Its not the slow burn of old trek, but it's a modern show trying to do things in the more modern way (a frenetic pace to storytelling). I did have a hard time early in season 1 where klingons were speaking way too much klingon. Once they dialed it back I got way more into it. I loved the mirror universe eps.

Sounds like they're making more trek shows too. I guess the movies are dead, and they're all in for TV. No complaints here :)
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15194 posts
4376 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Great episode. All they have to do is either get rid of Burnham or teach her something other than the head tilt.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5437 posts
2424 upvotes
This ep definitely feels more like a TNG episode with a little more flair to it. Who thinks Tilly " infected" herself with something that'll let her access the spore drive?
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10731 posts
7891 upvotes
Global Village
I agree with the TNG feel of the 2nd episode, the fact it was directed by Jonathan Frakes can't hurt that. I think having a captain with unwavering positive values brings me back to my Picard watching days also. Adding Anson Mount to the cast has looked like a good choice so far.

Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2304 posts
1072 upvotes
^^ yeah, I remember that guy from Hell on Wheels, good actor, adds some weight to the character. The rest of the cast can't say the same. Boring, unatractive, uninteresting characters. could care less if any of the them got red shirt. I loathe that shemale playing spock's sister, all the way back to her days on the walking dead. Terrible actress with that annoying bemuse head crook look she gives everytime like a pickle up her ***. This show destroyed everything we knew about Trek before, spock had a bastard sister? really? No mention of that it the original series or the dozens of movies and other shows preceding. and a lame arse sister like that to boot.
Faster than warp travel, in a blink of an eye can travel to anywhere in the universe on a cloud of jello, really? Where was that drive when Voyager was stuck for 8 years getting home? and don't get me started on that wizz kid can solve the equations of the universe in 2 seconds, weight watchers candidate . . . oh, lord

I can see why many of the reviews on this show suck so bad, they threw piss at all the original die hard fans.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11665 posts
3470 upvotes
Victoria
astrotrain wrote: ^^ yeah, I remember that guy from Hell on Wheels, good actor, adds some weight to the character. The rest of the cast can't say the same. Boring, unatractive, uninteresting characters. could care less if any of the them got red shirt. I loathe that shemale playing spock's sister, all the way back to her days on the walking dead. Terrible actress with that annoying bemuse head crook look she gives everytime like a pickle up her ***. This show destroyed everything we knew about Trek before, spock had a bastard sister? really? No mention of that it the original series or the dozens of movies and other shows preceding. and a lame arse sister like that to boot.
Faster than warp travel, in a blink of an eye can travel to anywhere in the universe on a cloud of jello, really? Where was that drive when Voyager was stuck for 8 years getting home? and don't get me started on that wizz kid can solve the equations of the universe in 2 seconds, weight watchers candidate . . . oh, lord

I can see why many of the reviews on this show suck so bad, they threw piss at all the original die hard fans.
Given that we never found out about Sybok until ST:V, I can forgive the missing sibling thing. That being said. If Spock and Burnham grew up together, where's Sybok? I thought he was older than spock and they grew up together? They treat spock like he's only child?

Plot holes aside, I am enjoying the show.
Banned
Jan 26, 2019
60 posts
33 upvotes
I am hooked on discovery. This new season has been great! I didn't really understand Captain Pikes stance with the humans from the other world.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2304 posts
1072 upvotes
zod wrote: Given that we never found out about Sybok until ST:V, I can forgive the missing sibling thing. That being said. If Spock and Burnham grew up together, where's Sybok? I thought he was older than spock and they grew up together? They treat spock like he's only child?

Plot holes aside, I am enjoying the show.
good one, I totally forgot about that brother character, probably becus that movie sucked so bad. lol

what really irks me is how this show will revise potentially everything we knew about Spock, in particular how this greatest gift to humanity (oh, the hell with it, the greatest incarnation of living matter in the universe) Michael shemale transformed dear old Spock to everything he will become and everything we knew about him. To me that is a great traversy since what I think of the weird hairdo shemale. God, her face and that weird arse hair makes me loathe and rage . . . kill her off and I be hooked on the show.

I hope they focus more on Pike but didn't Pike die of some strange rapid old age disease then command got transferred to Kirk? memory hazy
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10731 posts
7891 upvotes
Global Village
jon991 wrote: I am hooked on discovery. This new season has been great! I didn't really understand Captain Pikes stance with the humans from the other world.
It's the Prime Directive, you don't interfere with the development of new civilizations starfleet encounters, no exceptions.

Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6980 posts
3250 upvotes
scoper wrote: It's the Prime Directive, you don't interfere with the development of new civilizations starfleet encounters, no exceptions.
Except Pike give them a long lasting powercell, which breaks the prime directive. Pike could have easily found the camera and took it without needing to do an exchange.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)