None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8120 posts
961 upvotes
Victoria
coilz wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 10:32 pm
Well.. they solved the Lorca situation pretty quickly, left no chance for a comeback either. Still disappointed they couldn't pull the doc back somehow. Let see how many episodes the emperor last!
spoilers.....

lorca kind of fell apart going into the heart of the spore sphere thing. maybe he didn't die but got sucked into it, or alternatively maybe he did die, but we encounter the other version of him?

I had also assumed maybe we'd run into the doppelganger of the doctor.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9877 posts
2155 upvotes
Toronto
They should've reused the 60's Trek fight music

I can't see myself being satisfied with how the show wraps up with only two episodes left

Don't bring your evil step mom home!
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
zod wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 1:20 am
spoilers.....

lorca kind of fell apart going into the heart of the spore sphere thing. maybe he didn't die but got sucked into it, or alternatively maybe he did die, but we encounter the other version of him?

I had also assumed maybe we'd run into the doppelganger of the doctor.
Seems like he is pushing daisies. Man - I was really expecting (more like hoping) more with him.

Can anyone clarify - did I imagine it, or did they not specify (when we first entered mirror verse) that the mirrorverse Discovery switched places with ours?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10597 posts
963 upvotes
Mississauga
coilz wrote:
Well.. they solved the Lorca situation pretty quickly, left no chance for a comeback either.
I dunno, this is Star Trek. Dead people come back all the time!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8120 posts
961 upvotes
Victoria
shikotee wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 8:21 am
Seems like he is pushing daisies. Man - I was really expecting (more like hoping) more with him.

Can anyone clarify - did I imagine it, or did they not specify (when we first entered mirror verse) that the mirrorverse Discovery switched places with ours?
I remember that yah, so you'd think there would be a history when they got back of the other discovery wreaking havoc in their home universe...

For some reason I also thought Stamitz (the engineer?) had switch bodies when they came out of sporeland, but I totally remembered that wrong, because it was never referenced this week.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2544 posts
435 upvotes
Perhaps it’s mirror discovery with captain tilly ruling the main universe!
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3512 posts
789 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
coilz wrote:
Well.. they solved the Lorca situation pretty quickly, left no chance for a comeback either. Still disappointed they couldn't pull the doc back somehow. Let see how many episodes the emperor last!
Noooo... did it again... read spolier before watching episode :rolleyes:

All well, I'll still watch later this week :)
Sep 10, 2004
498 posts
80 upvotes
spoiler....

Glad we will have more Michelle Yeoh appearance in the coming episodes/2nd season(only 2 more eps for season 1)??
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2544 posts
435 upvotes
who else was surprised a the flexibility of Michelle Yeoh?... She managed to kick Lorca when he was behind her!... Unless it was a fake leg.... Maybe she'll be the new "captain" of discovery! Although she seems way to evil for that. I vote for timeline reset after stealing spores from Mirror-discovery!
Penalty Box
Mar 20, 2009
1285 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
coilz wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 4:43 pm
who else was surprised a the flexibility of Michelle Yeoh?... She managed to kick Lorca when he was behind her!... Unless it was a fake leg.... Maybe she'll be the new "captain" of discovery! Although she seems way to evil for that. I vote for timeline reset after stealing spores from Mirror-discovery!
That was a pretty awesome leg kick.
Might be time to give Crouching Tiger a re-watch.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3512 posts
789 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
So what happened to Lorca from original universe? Gives them way to bring him back?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2544 posts
435 upvotes
georvu wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 10:40 pm
So what happened to Lorca from original universe? Gives them way to bring him back?
Perhaps hes kept on ice somewhere in the original universe. ... again.. if they're gonna pull some sort of shenanigans, bring the doc back somehow!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18191 posts
1496 upvotes
There's some good details here that came out on After Trek.
https://trekmovie.com/2018/01/29/jason- ... -and-more/

Like how Jason Isaacs knew he was Mirror Lorca from the beginning while the rest of the cast did not and some discussion on Prime Lorca and that one little green spore.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10597 posts
963 upvotes
Mississauga
coilz wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 4:43 pm
No of course not, It's Michelle Yeoh! She's phenomenal. Jason Isaacs said she learned and nailed the action choreography perfectly in their fight scenes. She even gave the prop department tips on how to build a better Emperor's sword.

We've come a long way since Kirk-fu and the Trek Double Fisted Hammer of Doom.