• Feb 16th, 2018 2:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5617 posts
1626 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
I figured they'd use Philipa for more non-Starfleet offense strategies but not in this way. Regardless of the admiral's orders, one would think the bridge crew & senior staff would have put up a stink at the end, I mean, they all know who she really is after all.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16969 posts
1155 upvotes
Niagara Falls
chimaican wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:34 am
I figured they'd use Philipa for more non-Starfleet offense strategies but not in this way. Regardless of the admiral's orders, one would think the bridge crew & senior staff would have put up a stink at the end, I mean, they all know who she really is after all.
Only Michael and Suru are supposed to know the truth. I suppose the rest of the bridge crew could figure it out, but no one other than that 1 random dude in the transport room should know that Captain Philippa is actually the emperor.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5617 posts
1626 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Evil Baby wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:11 am
Only Michael and Suru are supposed to know the truth. I suppose the rest of the bridge crew could figure it out, but no one other than that 1 random dude in the transport room should know that Captain Philippa is actually the emperor.
Oops, you're right. I got confused with the mirror universe ISS Shenzou crew with that of the USS Discovery crew.

Jun 29, 2010
858 posts
188 upvotes
I felt that this was a "oh, we blew our budget on the big fight and SFX from last episode, we have to do a set piece ep" show.
The emperor has suggested genocide, and the Admiral thinks this is OK?
Nothing good will come of this!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4022 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
Psychopathetic wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 1:52 pm
I felt that this was a "oh, we blew our budget on the big fight and SFX from last episode, we have to do a set piece ep" show.
The emperor has suggested genocide, and the Admiral thinks this is OK?
Nothing good will come of this!
tyring to turn the Federation into her Terran Empire?
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4200 posts
626 upvotes
Aurora
I loved this episode. A slow burn to the season finale. It was light on action but great on character. Michael / Tyler scene - great and emotionally painful. Stamets / Tyler scene was great - I'm really starting to like Stamets as a good and honourable man whereas at the beginning, I hated him as a squirrely, whiny pencil neck. All scenes with Michelle Yeoh - enjoyed seeing her chew up the scenery. The admiral did a good job showing the emotional devastation and breakdown at the starbase. And Saru was really turning into a good captain. Too bad he had to step down so soon. Admiral vs klingon prisoner exchange was good to - L'Rell had me convinced there was no other way except the obliteration of one side.

Emotionally, I'd like to see a Shock and Awe, razed earth attack on Klingons' homeworld Chronos. But in order to align with Federation values and the start of TOS, we'll probably see a more optimistic finale.

BTW, I wonder how in hell they're going to make the Federation and known space like it is in the Original series. What with the Federation just about wiped out, Starfleet ships and assets decimated, leadership just about non-existent. How do they fix it - in a mere 10 years when Kirk gets on the scene?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2171 posts
294 upvotes
I can see they'll switch captains again by the end of this arc, with the next arc of Lorca-Prime returns!

And we never really know the exact " plan " the emperor told Sarek. Before the " plan" goes 100%, they'll somehow kill Georgeou but it'll create an opportunity for Michael to use Tyler make him go full Voq and unite the houses just like how Mirror-Voq was the rebel leader!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17846 posts
1374 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 11:11 am

He needs to be careful around the captain.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2008
5617 posts
1626 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Haz wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 1:26 am

He needs to be careful around the captain.
Well, if he puts on a red shirt then we will know he's *

Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3275 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
chimaican wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 10:34 am
I was hoping the same... Maybe pair Philippa and Tyler together in some sort of covert strike force or something
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8993 posts
1904 upvotes
Toronto
I think the show is mainly inmate Burnham's holodeck privileges while in prison

These are the voyages....

Mar 20, 2009
786 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Well then....

Some exciting stuff at the end.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16969 posts
1155 upvotes
Niagara Falls
well that was a bit anti-climatic imo.... I guess it was more Star Trek-ish though in the choices that had to be made but there wasn't really much discussion about said choice.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2171 posts
294 upvotes
Spoiler............. So Pike as Discovery captain to make way for Kirk on Enterprise? ..............
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4200 posts
626 upvotes
Aurora
coilz wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:27 am
Spoiler............. So Pike as Discovery captain to make way for Kirk on Enterprise? ..............
My timeline knowledge is a bit unclear. Didn't Pike sustain his grave wheelchair injuries while still in command of the Enterprise? And I wonder if events of "The Cage" have already happened or not.