None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5168 posts
2144 upvotes
techjedi wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 4:20 pm
you think this will kill the series?
Not if they stop using that drive in the storyline, which they are already no longer using. CBS is a big company - they can buy their way out if needs be.
Jan 22, 2017
960 posts
208 upvotes
or they could come to some sort of agreement with the original author.
if they stop using the drive now it's kinda like... well now what??
badOne wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 7:35 pm
Not if they stop using that drive in the storyline, which they are already no longer using. CBS is a big company - they can buy their way out if needs be.
STEP INTO THE DARK SIDE...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8725 posts
1262 upvotes
Victoria
techjedi wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 8:13 pm
I thought they already did. IE the technology was harmful to the organism they needed to make it work. I assumed it would be warp drive from here on out (Except maybe the odd emergency).
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18509 posts
1784 upvotes
techjedi wrote:
Dec 30th, 2018 8:13 pm
This will not hurt STD. CBS will pay the guy out and he will continue working on his game in his spare time until it's complete and release it to throngs of new buyers who found out about the game through this lawsuit news. STD will continue with new seasons and new stories.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4094 posts
1494 upvotes
Global Village
S02 premiere was fantastic, felt like watching a Trek film.

I gave up watching the 1st season midway with their Klingon inside me BS but now I have new hope.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1794 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
scoper wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:56 pm

I gave up watching the 1st season midway with their Klingon inside me BS but now I have new hope.
It wasn't bad... I enjoyed s01 too...

Having said that... I'm a much bigger fan of the older series...

But discovery isn't unbelievably bad... Or anything...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5168 posts
2144 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 11:56 pm

Exactly my reaction too. I hope it doesn't go down from here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8725 posts
1262 upvotes
Victoria
I'm enjoying it. Its not the slow burn of old trek, but it's a modern show trying to do things in the more modern way (a frenetic pace to storytelling). I did have a hard time early in season 1 where klingons were speaking way too much klingon. Once they dialed it back I got way more into it. I loved the mirror universe eps.

Sounds like they're making more trek shows too. I guess the movies are dead, and they're all in for TV. No complaints here :)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11661 posts
1378 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Great episode. All they have to do is either get rid of Burnham or teach her something other than the head tilt.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2875 posts
554 upvotes
This ep definitely feels more like a TNG episode with a little more flair to it. Who thinks Tilly " infected" herself with something that'll let her access the spore drive?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4094 posts
1494 upvotes
Global Village
I agree with the TNG feel of the 2nd episode, the fact it was directed by Jonathan Frakes can't hurt that. I think having a captain with unwavering positive values brings me back to my Picard watching days also. Adding Anson Mount to the cast has looked like a good choice so far.
All day I dream about sports
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1802 posts
405 upvotes
^^ yeah, I remember that guy from Hell on Wheels, good actor, adds some weight to the character. The rest of the cast can't say the same. Boring, unatractive, uninteresting characters. could care less if any of the them got red shirt. I loathe that shemale playing spock's sister, all the way back to her days on the walking dead. Terrible actress with that annoying bemuse head crook look she gives everytime like a pickle up her ***. This show destroyed everything we knew about Trek before, spock had a bastard sister? really? No mention of that it the original series or the dozens of movies and other shows preceding. and a lame arse sister like that to boot.
Faster than warp travel, in a blink of an eye can travel to anywhere in the universe on a cloud of jello, really? Where was that drive when Voyager was stuck for 8 years getting home? and don't get me started on that wizz kid can solve the equations of the universe in 2 seconds, weight watchers candidate . . . oh, lord

I can see why many of the reviews on this show suck so bad, they threw piss at all the original die hard fans.