Entertainment

Star Wars Episode IX J.J. Abrams December 20 2019 (formerly Colin Trevorrow May 24 2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2017 1:15 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8467 posts
1761 upvotes
Toronto

Star Wars Episode IX J.J. Abrams December 20 2019 (formerly Colin Trevorrow May 24 2019)

Disney announced Jurassic World's Colin Trevorrow as the director for the last of the new trilogy

http://www.starwars.com/news/colin-trev ... episode-ix
Last edited by jenviea on Aug 15th, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
34 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25108 posts
5561 upvotes
GTHA
Disney CEO Bob Iger has said production started.

from http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/10/st ... production
“Filming of Star Wars: Episode VIII, the next chapter of the legendary saga, has just commenced and it will be in theaters December 2017. And production of Episode IX, a 2019 release, has also begun.”

That third film in the franchise will be directed by Jurassic World and Safety Not Guaranteed filmmaker Colin Trevorrow. Exactly what Iger meant when he said production had begun is unclear, given how far off that movie is — and how much Lucasfilm still has to deliver before that.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1923 posts
285 upvotes
I found the other film rouge one much better than the star wars episode VI with a lame duck villain. rouge one had darth vadar.
Lets see how this year's star wars turns out...
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
4139 posts
409 upvotes
Asker123 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 3:51 pm
I found the other film rouge one much better than the star wars episode VI with a lame duck villain. rouge one had darth vadar.
Lets see how this year's star wars turns out...
+1
and it showed how kickazs Darth is if a Jedi isn't around to slow him down
only problem was some of the liberties taken with rogue one. why doesnt every foot soldier have a machine lazer gun?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7269 posts
702 upvotes
Victoria
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 11:48 pm
Weird, I wonder they moved it up instead of keeping it in December.
They're following the move they made on the Han Solo movie which was the first to jump to may. I'm guessing someone out there is sentimental about putting them out on may (which I think is the original star wars anniversary).
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
158 upvotes
zod wrote:
Apr 26th, 2017 1:22 am
They're following the move they made on the Han Solo movie which was the first to jump to may. I'm guessing someone out there is sentimental about putting them out on may (which I think is the original star wars anniversary).
True, and they probably want to make May the Star Wars month. May the Fourth will kick off the month long celebration for the Star Wars marketing machine leading into the new movie release.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5935 posts
1667 upvotes
Kingmoo wrote:
Apr 25th, 2017 5:40 pm
+1
and it showed how kickazs Darth is if a Jedi isn't around to slow him down
only problem was some of the liberties taken with rogue one. why doesnt every foot soldier have a machine lazer gun?
Don't you play Call of Dootie ??? LMG users always die.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25108 posts
5561 upvotes
GTHA
Though Lucasfilm has not officially unveiled a cast list, John Boyega was able to confirm that he will reprise his now-famous role as Finn in the sequel trilogy finale.

Deal Fanatic
Apr 26, 2004
9960 posts
591 upvotes
Mississauga
Colin Trevorrow fired as director of Episode XI

Uh oh! The Star Wars franchise is having a hell of a time with the neophyte directors they've been hiring and firing. There must be some serious turmoil going on behind the scenes. Trevorrow's last movie The Book of Henry was by all accounts a disaster too, which may have played a part in his firing from Episode XI.
Last edited by Talamasca on Sep 5th, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.