Entertainment

Star Wars Episode IX J.J. Abrams December 20 2019 (formerly Colin Trevorrow May 24 2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2017 10:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7457 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
The only thing I can do is wait to see how it turns out.

I don't mind Episode VII. I loved it on the first viewing, thought less of it on the 2nd, but then loved it again on bluray. I know it shares many elements with the original star wars movie. That and we waited over 20 years just to find out Han Solo and Princess Leia were estranged, Luke Skywalker failed at being a Jedi Master, and and then we had to watch Han Solo die. The happy celebration at the end of Return of the Jedi was more of an upbeat ending for OT cast. My favourite parts of episode VII are actually the new cast. The stuff with Rey, Finn, and Po is pretty entertaining.

I even loved the the first rebooted star trek movie, but not so much the 2nd one.

There could be worse choices than JJ. Hopefully they come up with a clever way to tie up the series that doesn't involve a moon (or planet) sized planet killing machine.
Jun 5, 2017
130 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
i could care less at this point.....i dont care much for the direction disney is taking star wars, so i just want episode 9 to be done and over with so hopefully disney can take star wars in a better direction. jj abrams is just disney playing it safe once again.
May 22, 2016
819 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
JJ 's vision: the new crew rescue Finn from a crime boss then they find out there is a new base being built so they plan a mission to destroy it. Rey goes to the base to try and turn Kylo back. Critics love it and it makes billions. Meanwhile Star Wars fans are like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7457 posts
773 upvotes
Victoria
Maybe episode VIII will put JJ to shame :)