PC & Video Games

Star Wars: KOTOR 2 for XBox out Dec. 7-Who else is waiting for this?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2004 9:36 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

Star Wars: KOTOR 2 for XBox out Dec. 7-Who else is waiting for this?

Is anyone else excited about the Dec. 7 release of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2-The Sith Lords for XBox? KOTOR was my favourite game and I'm really hoping this one is as good. Has anyone read the reviews? I'm going to wait til the release date to buy as I haven't seen a better deal than $59.99 (using a $5 coupon) at Amazon.

No reviews yet on Metacritic as of this writing, but they will be at this link when they arrive:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platfor ... republic2/
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
i have never been so excited/anticipating a game as much as i am this one! all it has to do is match its predecessor and i will be satisfied

ign has a pretty good preview of it, but i can't wait until i can play the real thing
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
I'm still waiting for them to fix the "crash on area load" bug on the PC. LucasArts can bite me.
Rock it.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
So many great games this year! I also can't wait until this one.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1668 posts
219 upvotes
Yeah, this is the one I am waiting for too. Have to free up some HD space on the xbox.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
chdude3 wrote:I'm still waiting for them to fix the "crash on area load" bug on the PC. LucasArts can bite me.

what exactly is that about? I beat KOTOR on the xbox, the only complain I have is it takes way too long to load between areas. It's ridicoules long, even when loading off HDD directly.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5863 posts
2612 upvotes
chdude3 wrote:I'm still waiting for them to fix the "crash on area load" bug on the PC. LucasArts can bite me.
i had it for pc, but i never had a single problem with it
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2003
2100 posts
9 upvotes
I really don't like RPG games, I never play them. BUT when I played KOTOR for the xbox, I was blown away. True I am a huge geek and I love star wars, but the game was so much fun, and the story was just amazing.

I beat it once on the light side first, then once on the dark side. I think I will have to do the same with this one, but the second time through I will do a lot more of the side-quests that they have.

I will be getting this the day it comes out!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Which version is better? Xbox vs PC? I may pick it up now seeing it is around $30... my 'game' price sweetspot :)
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
The PC version should have better graphics but the Xbox one will have better sound (5.1 DD) and it's more comfortable sitting on your couch in front of a big TV than on a chair in front of your monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Good point! :) I beleive PC has some pretty cool mods as well... just like Morrowind.
Talamasca wrote:The PC version should have better graphics but the Xbox one will have better sound (5.1 DD) and it's more comfortable sitting on your couch in front of a big TV than on a chair in front of your monitor.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2004
10349 posts
8 upvotes
When is it being released for PC? This is definately a game that I'm going to get and play the hell out of..
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2003
1404 posts
158 upvotes
release date for PC, Feb 2005. hope it's as good as KOTOR.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
sleepyguy wrote:Which version is better? Xbox vs PC? I may pick it up now seeing it is around $30... my 'game' price sweetspot :)
I haven't run into any major bugs on the XBox version. I personally prefer console games, I stare at a computer screen all day already.

I have seen the XBox version for under $15 (used) at the Cash Converters at Victoria Park and Lawrence (beside Toys R Us.) This was a month or two ago but they had a few copies.

It's well worth it, it will keep you busy for at least 40 hours if you get into it. It's the best RPG I've played because it appeals to both newbies and the hardcore types as well. Damn addictive game. :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 18, 2003
6288 posts
10 upvotes
Waterloo
sleepyguy wrote:Good point! :) I beleive PC has some pretty cool mods as well... just like Morrowind.
I thought Morrowind was one of the worst RPG's I've played. Sure it had a really cool world you could explore. But man did the fighting ever suck.

I never did get into KOTOR. I just didn't have the patience for it. I found the micro-managing too tiresome to deal with after a long day of work.

I prefer mindlessly blowing stuff up. ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2002
1668 posts
219 upvotes
Well, ITS OUT.

Grabbing it from the ng, post your impressions/thoughts. Does it live up to the first(and if so, its going to be amazing)?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
Defiant wrote:Well, ITS OUT.

Grabbing it from the ng, post your impressions/thoughts. Does it live up to the first(and if so, its going to be amazing)?

it was out since noon est time on sunday

cant start on it till xmas holidays, dont wanna play half and half, wanna do it all thru in a marathon heh
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
I'm waiting for the PC version. Xbox gets no love from me.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
Fantaz wrote:I'm waiting for the PC version. Xbox gets no love from me.
Rock rock on!
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2003
2100 posts
9 upvotes
i will be running through it once, probably on the light side, and then once actually doing ALL the sidequests and that on the dark side. Same way I played the first one.

The gamespy first impressions article said the guy had put 60 hours into it already, and wasn't done yet. If so, this could be a really huge game!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)