Entertainment

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) Dec-15-17 -- BEWARE SPOILERS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 4:39 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Is Jedi in the title plural or singular?

• Total votes: 53. You have voted on this poll.
Singular

40%
Plural

28%
*sigh* -- the things nerds concern themselves with

32%

Poll ended at Dec 5th, 2017 9:52 pm

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8811 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) Dec-15-17 -- BEWARE SPOILERS

jenviea wrote:
Jun 20th, 2014 2:40 pm
According to Deadline a new writer-director takes over from J.J. Abrams for episode 8 & 9
http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/star-wa ... wo-movies/
Rian Johnson is officially announced as writer/director of the Force Awakens sequel and Disney has set the release date forty years and a day after the release of the original Star Wars.

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-one- ... isode-viii
Last edited by jenviea on Mar 12th, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
188 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16386 posts
1096 upvotes
Woodbridge
Why can't they release it May 25? It's a Thursday, who cares. 40 Years and a Day after. FML. LOL

Seriously, all I can say is thank God for Ultra AVX. Reserved seating! I remember the last Star Wars, we lined up & waited for over 3 hours. It's one of those films you can't walk out of too. :( Ja...I can't even say it.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8811 posts
1867 upvotes
Toronto
bembol wrote:
Mar 13th, 2015 12:05 am
Why can't they release it May 25? It's a Thursday, ....
This won't have a Thursday night screening?
Most of the big budget event pics seem to have Thursday night screenings.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1771 posts
408 upvotes
Unionville, ON
jenviea wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2015 11:55 am
NO Force Awakens spoilers please!

Abrams buddy claims the script is so good, J.J. regrets passing on the job

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/com ... sode-viii/
The cast has read it too and they start shooting in January 2016, right after the holidays and the press tours for TFA. Look forward to leaked set photos in early 2016!! :D
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1203 posts
277 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Jan 20th, 2016 2:45 pm
Like its predecessor, the next film will be delayed until the month of December

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars- ... er-15-2017

Overall this 7 months delay will work to the movie's advantage. However, I'm actually quite pissed about this because we lost the May 2017 opening which would have marked the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. How are they go to celebrate it now?
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
241 upvotes
ON
Delay is rumoured to be due to a major script rewrite. The director wants to enlarge the roles of Rey, Finn, and Poe from what had already been written - they had been going to switch focus to some new characters, but those roles will now be smaller.
A pair of new characters' roles will be reduced. Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Tatiana Maslany, Bel Powely and Gina Rodriguez have been rumored to be up for those mysterious new roles.

"I said before there were two young female roles, now I actually heard that the rewrite will make these roles smaller," says The Wrap’s Jeff Sneider on the podcast. "They want to get to know better the characters they already have. So the new rewrite is shrinking the new roles in order to spend more time with Rey, Poe and so on."
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7504 posts
784 upvotes
Victoria
I was wondering how they planned on making the next movie in 18 months.

I also can't believe the sequel wasn't originally going to build off what they did in episode VII? Could you imagine if Empire put luke, leia, and solo on the backburner? I always figured the trilogy would circle around a new cast, not a new cast every movie.

edit: It probably didn't hurt that episode VII made a metric tonne of movie by coming out at Christmas time. I'm sure that had nothing to do with the decision :)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2011
8816 posts
1538 upvotes
Somewhere
Rey, Finn, (and to a smaller extent) Poe are too likeable to relegate them into the background. Smart move by Disney.

Pay them a little more!
:confused:
Jan 19, 2016
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Strange they mentioned it was 'taken over' from JJ. He was never originally slated to direct the second movie...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)