Entertainment

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode 8) Dec-15-17 -- BEWARE SPOILERS

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 2:16 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Is Jedi in the title plural or singular?

• Total votes: 53. You have voted on this poll.
Singular

40%
Plural

28%
*sigh* -- the things nerds concern themselves with

32%

Poll ended at Dec 5th, 2017 9:52 pm

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: you forget that Black Panther & Infinity war are almost back 2 back. They'll be pulling in more $ from both of those movies than any Star Wars side story. Black Panther's already over $1 billion. Infinity War will also very likely go past that. Solo will likely pull something between 300 and 700.
No, I can't see why they won't try to capitalize on a multi million dollar project with the equivalent merchandising. I suspect they don't have high hopes for Solo. Disney wants to milk every dollar from customers at every opportunity.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: No, I can't see why they won't try to capitalize on a multi million dollar project with the equivalent merchandising. I suspect they don't have high hopes for Solo. Disney wants to milk every dollar from customers at every opportunity.
because it'll get drowned by Marvel's marketing. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars to compete against yourself isnt a bright strategy.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: because it'll get drowned by Marvel's marketing. Spending hundreds of millions of dollars to compete against yourself isnt a bright strategy.
Agree to disagree. I just don't see why there isn't any merchandising for a movie that's about to come out in a month or so time. I'm predicting Solo will do poorly in reviews and in box office.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Banned
Mar 4, 2018
40 posts
52 upvotes
Markham
Finally was able to find a good HD version online and streamed it over the weekend. It was OK. Luckily I watched it at home instead of in the theatre.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12780 upvotes
Toronto
According to Lucasfilm insider (and author of a brand new related book) Pablo Hidalgo, George Lucas' treatment for episode 8 also shat on the Luke character (and therefore fans) 'cause the hero, by the time 8 came 'round, according to Lucas own outline was then "a recluse, withdrawn into a very dark space and needs to be drawn back from despair."
Lucas also decided chapter 8 would be the end of the Jedi's physical existence (article points out this contradicts Hamill's recollection of Lucas plan to kill his character off in chapter 9)

Read 'em and weep

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)