Entertainment

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (formerly Episode VIII) December 15 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 7:04 am
Tags:
None

Poll: Is Jedi in the title plural or singular?

• Total votes: 53. You have voted on this poll.
Singular

40%
Plural

28%
*sigh* -- the things nerds concern themselves with

32%

Poll ended at Dec 5th, 2017 9:52 pm

Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10597 posts
587 upvotes
Scarborough
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 2:16 pm
I absolutely understand your point. However, sometimes when I watch movies at Scotiabank's laser IMAX theatre they don't attach the trailer (even though same studio) that I want to see while others have already seen it in regular theatre. My guess the IMAX trailer print isn't ready or something along those lines? With that said, my second viewing will be on discount Tuesday at Scotiabank's IMAX theatre. I'm gonna be really pissed if they don't play the SW trailer on that huge laser IMAX screen.
The theatre decides the trailers that play. Disney might have throw in a clause for Star Wars but its not necessary as most people will be going to the theatre to watch Star Wars. If I were a theatre manager, I would play other movies to gain peoples interest. Star Wars posters at the doorway are enough.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1201 posts
277 upvotes
Still about a month away. A great Mark Hamill interview in the link below.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 51991.html

Very curious, I'm like everybody else. Just trying to guess what are the first words that are going to come out of Mark Hamill's mouth as he delivers his Luke Skywalker character's lines after an absence of well over 30 plus years on the big screen.
May 22, 2016
861 posts
152 upvotes
Ontario
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 5:34 pm
Still about a month away. A great Mark Hamill interview in the link below.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 51991.html

Very curious, I'm like everybody else. Just trying to guess what are the first words that are going to come out of Mark Hamill's mouth as he delivers his Luke Skywalker character's lines after an absence of well over 30 plus years on the big screen.
Luke's first words " I hope you are here to help me with my Porg problem"
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4450 posts
584 upvotes
Will go for sure.

Last star wars was crap though.
Jun 5, 2017
149 posts
7 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Coz4k wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:00 pm
Will go for sure.

Last star wars was crap though.
i wouldnt call it crap, but thats just me. id say its just ok. but then again i dont like disneys new canon, so maybe im alil biased.
Jun 29, 2010
810 posts
176 upvotes
In the current trailer, Luke says he had seen power like this before, and he wasn't afraid enough of it. What? Aren't Jedi supposed to NOT be afraid, as fear leads to hate, hate yada yada the dark side?
Jan 2, 2007
188 posts
101 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
Is it possible to buy tickets for after December 25 or do I have to wait for the week before?
Jun 5, 2017
149 posts
7 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Psychopathetic wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 11:45 am
In the current trailer, Luke says he had seen power like this before, and he wasn't afraid enough of it. What? Aren't Jedi supposed to NOT be afraid, as fear leads to hate, hate yada yada the dark side?
jedi learn to control fear, not prevent themselves from feeling it.
Jan 21, 2013
147 posts
17 upvotes
do i need to see Rogue one to understand whats going on? or just The force awakens?..(which ive seen but need to refresh)
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10197 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
Cyc66 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 5:39 pm
Is it possible to buy tickets for after December 25 or do I have to wait for the week before?
Check Cineplex's site.
ammaretto wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 9:59 pm
do i need to see Rogue one to understand whats going on? or just The force awakens?..(which ive seen but need to refresh)
Just The Force Awakens. Rogue One takes place decades before the events of The Last Jedi.
Jun 5, 2017
149 posts
7 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
ammaretto wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 9:59 pm
if you are hardcore, serious about understanding everything, then you need to take a serious dive into the new canon novels.
Jun 29, 2010
810 posts
176 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 12:59 pm
Rolling Stone has a Last Jedi cover and an accompanying article
Those look like wax figures!