• Last Updated:
  • Sep 2nd, 2017 2:12 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2010
13988 posts
3082 upvotes
That was a dark episode for a kid's show...but I liked it. Dunno about the ending though. Ambiguous...
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1768 posts
407 upvotes
Unionville, ON
djemzine wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 9:31 pm
Man Maul sure kicked ass and killed the Inquisitors. The question is why did Sidious keep him alive in TCW. He said he has other plans for him. Did Sidious plan this out ?
It was to be explained in season 6 of TCW, but during production Darth Mickey Mouse defeated George Lucas and took over. As a result, the Mouse immediately shut down TCW and the storyline never got told on TV. Instead, it was continued in the comics.

At least, Mickey Mouse kept Dave Filoni around and that's why Rebels is as good as it is as Filoni was TCW show runner.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1130 posts
254 upvotes
Anyone have any links so I can catch these 2 season finale episodes? Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 10:02 pm
Did you guys also know that Maul was referencing to the Sith Code, when Ezra was trying to open the door?
Ya, it was pretty obvious and hard to miss. Always two there are, yadda yadda. I'm pretty sure Emperor, Yoda, or Vader would open the doors on their own with their power level. :)

Great season finale. I was expecting a 22 minute episode with the second part next week, so I was pleasantly surprised it was an extended episode. I hope we get some backstory about what Maul's been up to since TCW series until now. The Anakin/Ahsoka reunion was great, but thought there would be more dialogue between them. Wish there was a Rex/Anakin reunion as well, ah well. My guess is that Anakin bested Ahsoka in the final battle, but decided to let her go to represent the bit of humanity/Jedi left in him, which leads to his decision at the end of ROTJ.

And that interview with Filoni was awesome! Lots of great details and backstory, and it's the first time I've heard them confirm that the Grand Inquisitor was a temple guard from TCW season 6. We finally get some history of these Inquisitors.
Jun 15, 2011
38402 posts
5524 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They didn't show the light saber kills in this series. Maybe its because its by Disney now? In TCW, you could see light saber kills through the enemies.

I don't know about you guys, but I found the battles in TCW much better, and entertaining. Oh did anyone notice that when the holocron was placed to activate the weapon, the female voice sounded like Ventress?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 11:13 pm
It was to be explained in season 6 of TCW, but during production Darth Mickey Mouse defeated George Lucas and took over. As a result, the Mouse immediately shut down TCW and the storyline never got told on TV. Instead, it was continued in the comics.

At least, Mickey Mouse kept Dave Filoni around and that's why Rebels is as good as it is as Filoni was TCW show runner.

the clone wars was also co-owned by some others who did not have any sort of agreements to continue moving forward with the clone wars after disney bought star wars. disney could of made more of an effort to work out those agreements but chose not too because they are idiots obviously.

and season 6 does not explain darth sidious intentions for darth maul, nor is it explained in clone wars related novels.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1768 posts
407 upvotes
Unionville, ON
brandonl wrote:
Apr 1st, 2016 9:50 pm
the clone wars was also co-owned by some others who did not have any sort of agreements to continue moving forward with the clone wars after disney bought star wars. disney could of made more of an effort to work out those agreements but chose not too because they are idiots obviously.

and season 6 does not explain darth sidious intentions for darth maul, nor is it explained in clone wars related novels.
Co-owned by whom? Source?

George Lucas owned everything Star Wars prior to the sale to Disney which includes subsidiaries such as LucasFilm, LucasArts, Lucas Animation. He funded it from the start with plans for at least 100 episodes bad ratings or not.

" In a September 2007 interview, Lucas said that "we're on [episode number] 40 right now. We'll probably end up with 50 to 60 episodes before we start to put it on the air. We'd like to put it on next fall, in about a year from now, but we'll see what happens."[63] He initially planned to produce 100 episodes,[64] but the series eventually moved past that number. The series utilizes unused ideas from Lucas' previous Star Wars projects.[49]"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War ... TV_series)

It aired on The Cartoon Network which is owned by Disney competitor Time Warner. The Cartoon Network actually paid for the rights and license to air The Clone Wars but had no say in production as again, George has final say on everything Star Wars prior to Disney purchase.

Simply put, Disney had other plans for Star Wars that didn't include The Clone Wars.

http://www.wired.com/2013/03/disney-clo ... cancelled/

As for the fate of Darth Maul after being defeated by Darth Sidious in The Clone Wars, it was made into 4 issue comics using scripts from the unproduced episodes of what would have been season 6 of The Clone Wars:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War ... f_Dathomir
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
djemzine wrote:
Apr 1st, 2016 8:00 am
They didn't show the light saber kills in this series. Maybe its because its by Disney now? In TCW, you could see light saber kills through the enemies.
?
are you sure? watch more closely next time. having just finished season 1 i noticed a few scenes where lightsabers were making contact with a body and impalement occurring of the body.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
JKKim2983 wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2016 4:48 pm
Co-owned by whom? Source?

George Lucas owned everything Star Wars prior to the sale to Disney which includes subsidiaries such as LucasFilm, LucasArts, Lucas Animation. He funded it from the start with plans for at least 100 episodes bad ratings or not.

" In a September 2007 interview, Lucas said that "we're on [episode number] 40 right now. We'll probably end up with 50 to 60 episodes before we start to put it on the air. We'd like to put it on next fall, in about a year from now, but we'll see what happens."[63] He initially planned to produce 100 episodes,[64] but the series eventually moved past that number. The series utilizes unused ideas from Lucas' previous Star Wars projects.[49]"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War ... TV_series)

It aired on The Cartoon Network which is owned by Disney competitor Time Warner. The Cartoon Network actually paid for the rights and license to air The Clone Wars but had no say in production as again, George has final say on everything Star Wars prior to Disney purchase.

Simply put, Disney had other plans for Star Wars that didn't include The Clone Wars.

http://www.wired.com/2013/03/disney-clo ... cancelled/

As for the fate of Darth Maul after being defeated by Darth Sidious in The Clone Wars, it was made into 4 issue comics using scripts from the unproduced episodes of what would have been season 6 of The Clone Wars:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_War ... f_Dathomir
i know all of this but what i am trying to say is there were some complicated licensing issues regarding the clone wars that disney didnt make much of an effort to sort through and let the clone wars die prematurely. so as i said before they could of made more of an effort to continue the clone wars and didnt.

also i am fully aware of son of dathomir. by the end of that darth maul is still alive doing whatever he is doing. darth sidious is really just kinda toying with him by the end of the novel as a means to his greater plan.
Sep 30, 2001
26271 posts
5368 upvotes
just went on a binge fest and watched all of season 1 and the latest ep of season 2. this series is really good and better than the force awakens.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4771 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 7th, 2016 2:06 am
just went on a binge fest and watched all of season 1 and the latest ep of season 2. this series is really good and better than the force awakens.
everything star wars related is better than TFA lol.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8489 posts
1771 upvotes
Toronto
There's a season 3 clip at the three and a half minute mark
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1132 posts
159 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Jul 13th, 2016 6:31 pm
There's a season 3 clip at the three and a half minute mark
The more grown up and powerful Ezra is interesting. Hoping season 3 will continue to have more ties to Clone Wars and the new movies.
Baaaaaaaaa!