I'm really not liking the wolves storyline, way too slow
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
SPOILERS:

The series is over. They kind of ended it but also left it wide open for other stories. Ezra and Thrawn are somewhere out in space on the Star Destroyer with the Space Whales. Sabine and the Ashoka are going looking for Ezra post RoTJ.

Seems like that could set up a post RoTJ show? It felt pretty open ended, which I thought was a route they might go, so they could reuse the characters again. If they killed any of them, it would of prevented further stories with them. Given that Ashoka was alive during the Eps IV to VI, it's a bit weird she never showed up in the movies. An almost Jedi out there (other than Luke) would of been helpful. Then again, maybe she was, just not involved the rebellion stories we saw in the 3 movies.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3381 upvotes
They had to resort to space whales? Were they that desperate to end the series quickly that they had to resort to some hail mary bogus crap?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Some points after seeing the finale.

- Space whales. That seemed silly and a bit rushed.
- Hondo playing a good guy just seemed wrong.
- I love how they all but confirmed that Rex is Nik Sant from ROTJ.
- Dave Filoni has confirmed that Ezra and Thrawn are still alive, so I expect we'll see them back in the new show.

I didn't love the finale, it felt uneven and deserved a more grand ending than what we got. I'm definitely surprised at how much I ended up loving this series. It didn't start out well but it really rounded out to be almost as good as what Clone Wars was.

I hope the next series will feature Ahsoka more prominently. She was the breakout star of the Clone Wars and her story of what she's been up to is so interesting.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3381 upvotes
I think initially Asoka was meant to be killed off but they brought her back due to extreme fan reaction. It makes sense that they should have killed her off, since in the movies there was so few jedi left. Having an apprentice of Anakin simply makes no sense she never reached out to train luke or at least look out for him. I'm sure they'll find a way to kill her off in the next series
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
badOne wrote: I think initially Asoka was meant to be killed off but they brought her back due to extreme fan reaction. It makes sense that they should have killed her off, since in the movies there was so few jedi left. Having an apprentice of Anakin simply makes no sense she never reached out to train luke or at least look out for him. I'm sure they'll find a way to kill her off in the next series
I think it's fine that they kept her alive. She didn't want to be apart of the Jedi Order after Clone Wars, so I don't think it's unreasonable that she doesn't want to train Anakin's offspring. Also, I doubt she even knows Anakin had kids.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9312 upvotes
I had to look up who Nik Sant is via Google Images lol.

Overall I don't know why they cut the show short. The Clone Wars had 6 seasons, and a lot of episodes per season. I still found the ending touching lol.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17434 posts
12786 upvotes
Toronto
The finale was good enough for me
The no attachments/celibacy for Jedis doesn't seem to be practiced too faithfully so Rey being Obi Wan's daughter is still a viable theory
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
badOne wrote: They had to resort to space whales? Were they that desperate to end the series quickly that they had to resort to some hail mary bogus crap?
I kind of liked the space whales. Mostly because they had established in the series that Ezra had a connection with animals. I thought bringing in the Space Whales (while OP) was a good callback to Ezra's way of doing things.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
jenviea wrote: The finale was good enough for me
The no attachments/celibacy for Jedis doesn't seem to be practiced too faithfully so Rey being Obi Wan's daughter is still a viable theory
I think that's highly unlikely. Rey is in her 20's. The Force Awakens takes place about 30 years after Return of the Jedi. Obi Wan died in A New Hope and he was already a senior citizen.

Unless you meant Luke's daughter?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1344 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
the idea that rey would be the daughter or granddaughter of kenobi is an example of disney ruining the character and star wars, i shouldnt have to explain why.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9312 upvotes
Do you guys think the series ended too early?
Blanka
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
brandonly wrote: the idea that rey would be the daughter or granddaughter of kenobi is an example of disney ruining the character and star wars, i shouldnt have to explain why.
Yah, I still don't get why Rey has to be the kid of a famous Jedi. It was generally frowned upon, with Anakin being an anomaly fathering two children. Kenobi saw first hand why the Jedi had rules against having a partner and having kids. He'd be the last person I would expect to have a kid.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
brandonly wrote: the idea that rey would be the daughter or granddaughter of kenobi is an example of disney ruining the character and star wars, i shouldnt have to explain why.
So if Rey is not related to Kenobi, then Star Wars is saved for you?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1344 posts
324 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
sharpshooter88 wrote: So if Rey is not related to Kenobi, then Star Wars is saved for you?
disney is dropping the ball hard on star wars for me. i guess i shouldn't be surprised. everything i loved they are trying to bury and forget with their god awful canon. so no that wouldnt save star wars for me, maybe lessen the blow alil.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I've enjoyed both cartoon series, most of force awakens, pieces of the last jedi, all of rogue one....

Given how many star wars movies are out there now... lots of them or only ok/good movies, but even those movies have fantastic moments in them.