None
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1750 posts
403 upvotes
Unionville, ON
zod wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2016 1:27 am
The Jedi and the Sith were around for thousands of years before the fall of the republic. I'm sure over the millenia that there were plenty of customized lightsabers out there.
That would give acknowledgement to the original EU's KOTOR period as canon though.

But yes, this new canon hasn't established any time periods before the current Republic so we can assume so that the Jedi/Sith have been around for thousands of years.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7114 posts
660 upvotes
Victoria
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2016 2:38 am
That would give acknowledgement to the original EU's KOTOR period as canon though.

But yes, this new canon hasn't established any time periods before the current Republic so we can assume so that the Jedi/Sith have been around for thousands of years.
True, I suppose everything we know about the age of the Jedi order is from books and video games. The only thing that sort of hints at the age and history of the order is when Yoda mentions he's been training Jedi for 800 years.
Jun 15, 2011
38397 posts
5522 upvotes
Richmond Hill
zod wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2016 1:27 am
The Jedi and the Sith were around for thousands of years before the fall of the republic. I'm sure over the millenia that there were plenty of customized lightsabers out there.
The Old Republic :)
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Oct 11, 2009
4772 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
zod wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2016 11:56 am
True, I suppose everything we know about the age of the Jedi order is from books and video games. The only thing that sort of hints at the age and history of the order is when Yoda mentions he's been training Jedi for 800 years.
if you follow star wars EU mythology and every fan does and should. the birth of the force occurs around 25,000 years before the events of episode 4 (around that time era). the jedi and sith were one and the same before splitting off and going separate ways believing in different paths on how to embrace the force. the birth of the jedi council and the sith empire really came to fruition around 15,000 years ago.

i bought this off amazon. its a must have.

Jun 15, 2011
38397 posts
5522 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone see the episode Chopper Base? Aired today. I wonder why they played the Imperial March/Vader's theme at the end.
Apr 1, 2006
4307 posts
163 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
Mar 27th, 2016 12:44 am
Anyone see the episode Chopper Base? Aired today. I wonder why they played the Imperial March/Vader's theme at the end.
Because he's coming in the finale next week. The big showdown we've all been waiting for!
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8290 posts
1687 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:
Mar 27th, 2016 12:44 am
TypeVR6 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2016 3:28 am
Because he's coming in the finale next week.
That's the simplest explanation but don't discount that bird being the evil mastermind.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2009
4772 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
i bought rebels season 1 on bluray recently and started watching it. im 8 episodes in so far and enjoying it.
Jun 15, 2011
38397 posts
5522 upvotes
Richmond Hill
brandonl wrote:
Mar 27th, 2016 7:51 pm
i bought rebels season 1 on bluray recently and started watching it. im 8 episodes in so far and enjoying it.
Have you seen Clone Wars?

Also, who agrees with this :razz:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
Oct 11, 2009
4772 posts
205 upvotes
Guelph
djemzine wrote:
Mar 27th, 2016 9:31 pm
Have you seen Clone Wars?

Also, who agrees with this :razz:
kinda a dumb question to ask me. yes ive seen all episodes of the clone wars in chronological order since i own all 6 seasons on bluray lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4307 posts
163 upvotes
Ok what just happened??? That was her walking into the cave at the end, no?? It was not what I was expecting :(
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1750 posts
403 upvotes
Unionville, ON
TypeVR6 wrote:
Mar 30th, 2016 9:55 pm
Ok what just happened??? That was her walking into the cave at the end, no?? It was not what I was expecting :(
Holy crap that was 10 times better than the The Force Awakens!! Seriously, if Jar Jar Abrams is a big of a fan of Star Wars like he claims he is, he should have watched Clone Wars and Rebels for inspiration in making a really good script of a movie! In 44 minutes on the season 2 finale of Rebels, was much much better than the 2 hours we had with TFA!!

Any Star Wars fan should be watching the TV series more than the actual movies because they are so much better!! Just like how it took 2 seasons for TCW to get going, Rebels has also accomplished this! Confirmed for season 3: more Maul!! (He's no longer a Darth.)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-producer-of- ... 1768048083

Just a teaser but the crossguard saber in the season 2 finale, indicates that it's been around for thousands of years, and the one Ezra ignites belonged to a Light side wielding Jedi!
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4307 posts
163 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:
Mar 31st, 2016 11:19 am
Holy crap that was 10 times better than the The Force Awakens!! Seriously, if Jar Jar Abrams is a big of a fan of Star Wars like he claims he is, he should have watched Clone Wars and Rebels for inspiration in making a really good script of a movie! In 44 minutes on the season 2 finale of Rebels, was much much better than the 2 hours we had with TFA!!

Any Star Wars fan should be watching the TV series more than the actual movies because they are so much better!! Just like how it took 2 seasons for TCW to get going, Rebels has also accomplished this! Confirmed for season 3: more Maul!! (He's no longer a Darth.)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-producer-of- ... 1768048083

Just a teaser but the crossguard saber in the season 2 finale, indicates that it's been around for thousands of years, and the one Ezra ignites belonged to a Light side wielding Jedi!
*****SPOILERS******

It was a great ep... A lot happened and the only thing i would have liked is to have a longer fight sequence between master and apprentice. What's your take on that ending.. Drifting into a cave? Into the force? That one moment when he called out - that was a gripping.
Jun 15, 2011
38397 posts
5522 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Man Maul sure kicked ass and killed the Inquisitors. The question is why did Sidious keep him alive in TCW. He said he has other plans for him. Did Sidious plan this out ?
Jun 15, 2011
38397 posts
5522 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Did you guys also know that Maul was referencing to the Sith Code, when Ezra was trying to open the door?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)