Expired Hot Deals

[Starbucks] BOGO Free Holiday Drinks (November 9-13 @ 2-5pm)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 7:37 pm
Dec 17, 2012
641 posts
118 upvotes
Winnipeg
Perfect..Just bought a coupon from Groupon, pay 5$ for 10$...Will go with wife and get a Gingerbread Latte
Mar 22, 2013
342 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 6:24 pm
Just rinse your mouth with water if tooth decay is what you worry about. On the other hand, the calories count......
I rinse my mouth every time I’m done eating fried chicken, but somehow I keep putting on weight.
Jan 23, 2014
20 posts
1 upvote
RICHMOND
Can you pay with your reward stars and get 1 free too?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:39 am
Can't schedule a pickup time. Can only estimate the arrival time.
Curious about that. Does the estimated time of arrival have any bearing on when they prepare the order, or is it the 3 to 9 minutes prep time we should care about? The ETA is a feature of Tim Hortons mobile order process, but I’m curious if Starbucks copied it since it appears on the checkout screen.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2357 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:32 pm
Curious about that. Does the estimated time of arrival have any bearing on when they prepare the order, or is it the 3 to 9 minutes prep time we should care about? The ETA is a feature of Tim Hortons mobile order process, but I’m curious if Starbucks copied it since it appears on the checkout screen.
It automatically pick the closest store and the ETA is estimate with the way you get there. eg, walking, biking, driving.
You cant just pick a time unfortunately.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Jun 28, 2009
567 posts
163 upvotes
just got my sweet tooth fix.. got the creme brule and toasted white chocolate with 2 cookies (also included with the BOGO).

They are also doing a star collection, but with stickers. collect 5 stars, get a free drink. Got 2 stars for today's purchase.
Feb 27, 2011
734 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
How much is a typical large (grande) holiday drink? Have not been to a Starbucks for quite a while.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:41 pm
It automatically pick the closest store and the ETA is estimate with the way you get there. eg, walking, biking, driving.
You cant just pick a time unfortunately.
First, there’s no biking option. Second, I think it is just indicative and has no bearing on when they prepare the order. The prep time is when the order will be ready, usually 4 to 9 minutes.

So if you order coffee from a store that is 75 minutes away, it will be cold by the time you get there.

That said, their FAQ was modified in August, so it is possible they saw the Tim Hortons app, though their way was a good idea and simply copied it. Toggling pedestrian and car is definitely new in the Starbucks app.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
shyhermit wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:38 pm
How much is a typical large (grande) holiday drink? Have not been to a Starbucks for quite a while.
A Tall is $4.45 plus tax. A Grande is potentially better value at $4.95 as they add an extra espresso shot for a total of two. Some Talls though have 2 espresso shots: Americano and Flatwhites, with the Grandes having 3 and the Shorts having 1.

If you don’t mind the hazelnut flavouring (mostly sugar), the one shot Short Americano Nuevo is $3.65. A two shot Tall is $3.75 and a Grande $4.25.

Also, why do Grande and Venti have Italian names (even though no drink that size would be available in Italy), while the more reasonable Short and Tall have English names?
Aug 24, 2009
403 posts
76 upvotes
I don't think this was answered before, but I was just able to get pumpkin spice lattes with BOGO this afternoon. This was Port Credit/South Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3347 posts
905 upvotes
Moncton
CadillacJack wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:01 pm
I don't think this was answered before, but I was just able to get pumpkin spice lattes with BOGO this afternoon. This was Port Credit/South Mississauga.
Yeah, before 5PM Atlantic I tried many of the drinks in the 18 drink long featured drink list in the app. Only hot chocolate didn’t have the 2 for 1 (Peppermint hot chocolate did). Using the app, you can probably get away with ordering a seasonal drink and modifying it enough so that it is seasonal in name only. But I didn’t test that before 5PM.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2357 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:41 pm
First, there’s no biking option. Second, I think it is just indicative and has no bearing on when they prepare the order. The prep time is when the order will be ready, usually 4 to 9 minutes.

So if you order coffee from a store that is 75 minutes away, it will be cold by the time you get there.

That said, their FAQ was modified in August, so it is possible they saw the Tim Hortons app, though their way was a good idea and simply copied it. Toggling pedestrian and car is definitely new in the Starbucks app.
For the record, there is a biking option. There are 4 optons. Walking, busing, biking and driving. May be you just need to update your app.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Mar 2, 2016
49 posts
37 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
theflyingsquirrel wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:20 pm
For the record, there is a biking option. There are 4 optons. Walking, busing, biking and driving. May be you just need to update your app.
There is not for me, iOS11 latest app.
I believe the iOS app uses Apple maps, so I guess it would depend on your location as to if Apple would have biking directions .