Expired Hot Deals

[Starbucks] BOGO Free Holiday Drinks (November 9-13 @ 2-5pm)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 7:37 pm
Jan 27, 2009
401 posts
72 upvotes
Ordered a peppermint hot chocolate with no peppermint via mobile app. And got another for free. No problem at all!!
Images
  • IMG_5066.JPG
Nov 4, 2011
217 posts
95 upvotes
YYZ
bluetree20 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 2:28 pm
Can you pay with your reward stars and get 1 free too?
Previously this didn't work. I think it was setup to take the cheapest drink off, which would be the one with the reward stars.
Nov 4, 2011
217 posts
95 upvotes
YYZ
shyhermit wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:38 pm
How much is a typical large (grande) holiday drink? Have not been to a Starbucks for quite a while.
Grande (medium, 16 oz) is typically not considered the large. Venti would be the large (20 oz). Grande is $5.25 and Venti would be $5.65 for the Chestnut Praline Latte as an example (plus taxes, pricing may vary by market).
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1855 posts
319 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:59 pm
A Tall is $4.45 plus tax. A Grande is potentially better value at $4.95 as they add an extra espresso shot for a total of two. Some Talls though have 2 espresso shots: Americano and Flatwhites, with the Grandes having 3 and the Shorts having 1.

If you don’t mind the hazelnut flavouring (mostly sugar), the one shot Short Americano Nuevo is $3.65. A two shot Tall is $3.75 and a Grande $4.25.

Also, why do Grande and Venti have Italian names (even though no drink that size would be available in Italy), while the more reasonable Short and Tall have English names?
I always find it ridiculous / funny when I order a "tall blonde americano". Such a stupid description for what it is. I feel like a pervert ordering it, LOL.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1855 posts
319 upvotes
cho1104 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:51 pm
Ordered a peppermint hot chocolate with no peppermint via mobile app. And got another for free. No problem at all!!
What's with this trend of ordering everything "extra hot" at SB? You guys know that milk will get scalded if heated above a certain temperature (82C), right? And if you don't intend to drink it until a half an hour later, it will turn into a warm milkshake anyways. The whole point in enjoying a latte is drinking it while it is fresh, IMO.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4674 posts
1113 upvotes
North York
Mine coincided with 25 bonus stars for each purchase this week, so even better deal.
I tried ordering from a friend's app though and not all the holiday drinks show in her menu.
I wonder why?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3332 posts
900 upvotes
Moncton
Thrasher wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:02 am
I always find it ridiculous / funny when I order a "tall blonde americano". Such a stupid description for what it is. I feel like a pervert ordering it, LOL.
If you order their brewed version (far cheaper, free refills, more caffeine and arguably tastes better), you could order a True North Blonde Roast. I was avoiding it because it was made specifically for the Canadian market. Only after reading that light roasts is how Scandinavians drink their coffee, and without milk, cream or sugar, did I realise it was snob-worthy. They should have given it a foreign name. :)
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1855 posts
319 upvotes
MonctonMan wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 1:07 am
If you order their brewed version (far cheaper, free refills, more caffeine and arguably tastes better), you could order a True North Blonde Roast. I was avoiding it because it was made specifically for the Canadian market. Only after reading that light roasts is how Scandinavians drink their coffee, and without milk, cream or sugar, did I realise it was snob-worthy. They should have given it a foreign name. :)
I had the Christmas Edition Blonde Roast and it was pretty decent for Starbucks coffee. Most of their coffee tastes burnt but this was far less burnt than their regular Pike :-) Is True North Blonde Roast the regular blonde roast they serve in the mornings?
Jun 22, 2016
107 posts
35 upvotes
bonita! wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:23 am
Any hot chocolate for the holiday list? I can't do coffee!
Tomorrow I'm going to try to see if the peppermint hot chocolate will count
Jan 27, 2009
401 posts
72 upvotes
Thrasher wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 12:05 am
What's with this trend of ordering everything "extra hot" at SB? You guys know that milk will get scalded if heated above a certain temperature (82C), right? And if you don't intend to drink it until a half an hour later, it will turn into a warm milkshake anyways. The whole point in enjoying a latte is drinking it while it is fresh, IMO.
My Starbucks location tends to make not too warm latte. Extra hot just based on my experience and that the way i like it.
Jan 27, 2009
401 posts
72 upvotes
Lag333 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 1:36 am
Tomorrow I'm going to try to see if the peppermint hot chocolate will count
It counts. Just got mine today.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14063 posts
2470 upvotes
Toronto
So which drinks are actually good?
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
1855 posts
319 upvotes
Just tried it on the app. Peppermint hot chocolate is part of this promo.
Apr 12, 2015
577 posts
515 upvotes
Alberta
Great deal, tried the gingerbread latte and it was delicious. Fiance loved it too! The fox cookie was delicious.

First time trying something different at starbucks, my go to daily drink is a triple grande vanilla latte.