Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Starbucks

Buy 4 packs of Verismo, get Verismo 580 FREE! [Dec 18]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2014 1:00 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
2133 posts
756 upvotes
Hamilton
I'm hoping to see the first gen Keurigs go on sale myself but I do like the look of these and I wouldn't mind having a backup for our tassimo.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3400 posts
105 upvotes
pwxgao wrote: Which one is better, Verismo or Nespresso? thx
I personally think they're both the same both uses propitiatory pods/cups. If Nespresso or Starbucks is not producing that type of coffee then you're out of luck. Unlike Tassimo and Keurig which have a wide selections of pods/cups (i.e. starbucks, timothy, tim hortons...etc) so you're not limited to one brand.

my 2 cent.
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Aug 4, 2010
363 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I really do not understand. So now if I go to starbucks and grab 4 boxes, they're going to offer me a machine for free?
Please explain.
Dec 2, 2007
31 posts
5 upvotes
Oakville
darkprince wrote: I personally think they're both the same both uses propitiatory pods/cups. If Nespresso or Starbucks is not producing that type of coffee then you're out of luck. Unlike Tassimo and Keurig which have a wide selections of pods/cups (i.e. starbucks, timothy, tim hortons...etc) so you're not limited to one brand.

my 2 cent.

good to know. thx
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
StormBringer44 wrote: I really do not understand. So now if I go to starbucks and grab 4 boxes, they're going to offer me a machine for free?
Please explain.
Yes, exactly as written, but only beginning on the 18th.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Hmm I have my T20 and Keurig Mini Brewer (free from RFD contest) lying in the basement collecting dust. Have not bought K Cups nor T Discs for a year or more than that. Wondering if this will be the same case as it may collect dust.

Hmm...
Blanka
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2302 posts
952 upvotes
Canada
Good deal if you like Verimso.... I'll pass.
Mar 13, 2012
47 posts
33 upvotes
Thanks OP! $51.xx + taxes for machine and 5 boxes of pods, it'll make a great Christmas present.

Promotion starts Thursday.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2992 posts
1952 upvotes
Thanks OP. So buy pods, get machine, re-gift, another present done!
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3142 posts
1025 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: The fact you need to buy Starbucks only cups kills it. They are a rip off.
splur wrote: Apparently you can use this with CBTL pods, which go for 11$/16 pods on amazon.ca, that's ~0.69c ea. I can't really speak for the Verismo though, I use a CBTL machine with the pods and the espressos taste great.

Contemplating falling for this consumerism trap and getting on this deal...
You can always use these and refill your own coffee/drink: http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Cap-Foil-Sea ... 1138180541

or do this for free: http://sixmonsters.com/2013/02/03/ridic ... ismo-pods/

Personally though I think i would stick with Keurig 1.0/hacked Keurig 2.0
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
This machine is pretty bad, I would go with Nespresso. Not here to argue, im sure some feel its better but IMO I would get Nespresso.
Feb 4, 2005
450 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
pwxgao wrote: Which one is better, Verismo or Nespresso? thx
If you like espresso shots, especially strong espresso, the Nespresso is the best option. The quality and flavour of the espresso is very, very good. To get similar quality from my Breville espresso machine, I need to pick really good beans, grind them just right and make sure to measure out the coffee and time the extraction just right.

Verismo is good if you like things like lattes and mochas, but you can also get those from a Tassimo machine for cheaper. Kerurig is good as a straight coffee brewer, but it can't make espresso, or any other type of drink for that matter.

But for espresso, the Nespresso is pretty darn hard to beat. The Inissia can be had for $120 using the 20% off coupon from Home Outfitters, and you can get $75 of capsules for free when you buy a machine. Not as cheap as this verismo, but still pretty good.
Apr 3, 2008
111 posts
52 upvotes
ProtossCraft wrote: Its not advertised anywhere but i work at Starbucks and we just got a notice from Head that if you buy 4 boxes of Verismo cups, you get the Verismo 580 Silver for FREE.

The box of verismo cups are $12.95 each, so youre paying $51.80 + tax for 4 boxes and the machine. EDIT: The machine comes with an extra box so 5 boxes and the brewer for $51.80 + tax

You get the Verismo 580 Silver for free:
http://store.starbucks.com/verismo-580- ... lt,pd.html

NOTE: THIS DOES NOT USE KCUPS OR TASSIMO CUPS, this uses the STARBUCKS VERISMO CUPS

Deals starts this Thurdays (Dec 18)

This would make a fine Xmas gift if you guys are out of ideas, but at the same time its not Kcup or Tassimo... so meh. But i dont think you can argue with the price.
Happy Hunting!
It should just be $51.80 there isn't tax on coffee.
Aug 4, 2010
363 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Jon Lai wrote: Yes, exactly as written, but only beginning on the 18th.
Thanks. I am looking to get one so I'll definitely try.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2011
1802 posts
2057 upvotes
Québec Gold
Is the deal only valid for the silver machine ?
Nov 5, 2008
70 posts
88 upvotes
anyone buy one today? did this work?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
knc06 wrote: anyone buy one today? did this work?

Why would it work today? Today is the 17th in case you are confused.
Jun 2, 2008
159 posts
13 upvotes
GTA
Ya, has anyone else heard anything about this promotion for tomorrow? I am there on the way to work every morning at 630 and didn't see anything today... Don't wanna try tomorrow if it's not actually happening
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Verismo is junk, save your money.. Or gift it to someone you don't like.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
Any hack for using our own coffee?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)