Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Starbucks

Get a $5 Gift Card When You Send a $5 Gift Card with iMessage (iOS Devices Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 18th, 2017 7:37 pm
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
643 posts
7053 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Starbucks] Get a $5 Gift Card When You Send a $5 Gift Card with iMessage (iOS Devices Only)

Gift $5, Get $5
Now you can send Starbucks Gifts with iMessage with Apple Pay. Be one of the first to send a $5 or more Starbucks Gift via iMessage and receive a $5 Starbucks Gift for yourself - while supplies last.
More detailed instructions with screenshots are available on the promo page, but the TL;DR version is:

• Own an iPhone 5S or newer with iOS 10.2.1 or newer installed, have Apple Pay set up
  • Download the Starbucks Gifts app in the iMessage App Store, enable it in the Messages app
  • Send a gift card of $5 or more to a contact with iMessage and Apple Pay
  • You'll get a $5 gift card in return sent via email

Expires April 19 or whenever 5000 gift cards are redeemed.

Also, because someone's bound to ask -- yes, you can send a gift card to yourself via iMessage and you'll essentially get $10 for $5.

chamcent wrote: For those who don't see the eGift as sent or received in iMessage, you can go here to get the history of what you sent or received, and also the option to resend your eGift to the same or a different email:

https://starbucks.cashstar.com/self_service/register/
Last edited by RFDSimon on Apr 10th, 2017 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
77 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1001 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
So I did this like an hour ago after seeing this ad on twitter.

Paid $5 with Apple Pay through iMessage to my iCloud address and can see the gift card but there's no code/way to redeem for me (can only see order#). Nor did I get the bonus. Not sure what to do next.

Update: So I don't see a button to open gift card on iMessage but it linked to a website when I clicked on the message through my mac. Redeemed both cards, now waiting for happy hour fraps.
Last edited by murtadi007 on Apr 10th, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
This did not work for me. Thank you for the deal though.
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks, OP! This was pretty easy to do, I had no clue it's so easy to send a gift card via simple texting. Immediately I got an email with title: "You did it! Now treat yo self."
Edited: In fact, the bonus email shows arriving at same time as gift email showing me my order number, BUT the bonus gift card showed up in in-box first, then the other email confirming the order #. Try a search for subject line, "You did it! Now treat yo self."
Banned
Nov 29, 2015
1424 posts
524 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I am wondering how many Starbucks Gifts users in Canada? Why don't they embed this app into the original Starbucks app? For one brand, there are 2 apps in my iPhone. I believe this should be quite easy for their code writers.
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
643 posts
7053 upvotes
Toronto, ON
murtadi007 wrote: So I did this like an hour ago after seeing this ad on twitter.

Paid $5 with Apple Pay through iMessage to my iCloud address and can see the gift card but there's no code/way to redeem for me (can only see order#). Nor did I get the bonus. Not sure what to do next.
Did you send it to yourself in iMessage? When you tap on the received message there's a "Use your gift card" button in the message itself and you can add it to the Starbucks app or Wallet.

sm.png

The bonus GC was delivered via email maybe a minute later and includes a link to redeem it
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
I sent one, got the bonus, but i dont see sent on the imessage chat, would the other person see it but not me?
PSN: Sakaban
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
Sakaban wrote: I sent one, got the bonus, but i dont see sent on the imessage chat, would the other person see it but not me?
Showed up in my chat as being sent. Did the recipient get it?
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Showed up in my chat as being sent. Did the recipient get it?
I asked but no reply haha, i got a receipt that i purchased just dont see it on imessage at all
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1147 posts
1309 upvotes
Toronto
Worked really easy! thanks
Thanks for the upvote!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1567 posts
100 upvotes
Calgary
Sakaban wrote: I asked but no reply haha, i got a receipt that i purchased just dont see it on imessage at all
Reopen the widget in iMessage and hit send. It generates it but you gotta reclick it to send it
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Tried to search the "Starbucks gifts" app but nothing showed up...
I have my Starbucks app installed, also not worked for me...
Aug 20, 2003
493 posts
351 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP, got the $5 bonus instantly!
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
951 posts
666 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Still can't find Starbucks Gifts app, I've followed the instruction in the link but still not work for me....Disappointed But Relieved Face
Apr 11, 2005
265 posts
24 upvotes
carols110 wrote: Still can't find Starbucks Gifts app, I've followed the instruction in the link but still not work for me....Disappointed But Relieved Face
You need to open the Messages app, create a new message, and use the App Store icon at the bottom. Then you can add the Starbucks Gifts app using the + icon.

The gift card could be docked after you've bought it. I had to add it to a message to send it out to myself, but now I don't know how to redeem it :S Anyway I got the $5 bonus already via email so just need to figure out the gift card message redemption part.
Apr 11, 2005
265 posts
24 upvotes
chamcent wrote: For those who don't see the eGift as sent or received in iMessage, you can go here to get the history of what you sent or received, and also the option to resend your eGift to the same or a different email:

https://starbucks.cashstar.com/self_service/register/
Was able to resend the gift cards - was stuck at processing without an email address. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)