Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Starbucks

Get Starbucks Gold Status After Just One Purchase

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2017 1:16 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
Well that hurts.
I forced myself to go to starbucks often this year and I turned Gold last week.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2009
6145 posts
3616 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: There is no 6 months expiry on Starbucks Glowing Star starting few months ago because of the ON no air miles expiry law.
They have not updated their website to reflect that. https://customerservice.starbucks.ca/ap ... /a_id/4131
Will Rewards expire in the new program?
Published 05/31/2016 01:06 PM | Updated 07/14/2016 08:08 PM
Birthday rewards will continue to expire the day after your birthday.

If you are a Gold member, your free reward expiration works a little differently than in the past. Previously, as a Gold member, you would earn Lucky Dozen rewards that expire 30 days after they were issued. Today, instead of being issued a reward, you can choose to redeem a reward after you’ve collected 125 Stars. However, your Stars have a six-month expiration from when you earned them. When you redeem Stars for a Star Reward, Starbucks will apply the oldest Stars in your Star balance toward your reward.

You may occasionally receive another type of reward - if so, it will include an expiration date.
Sep 9, 2015
316 posts
125 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Uhhhhh after refreshing and closing my app 2x I got gold status without buying anything.

My points went back to 0 and a message popped up saying I was gold...
Aug 7, 2016
119 posts
98 upvotes
Burlington
For those who already have a gold account - get gold on a secondary account and switch between the two to get better star dash offers based on frequency. That is what I'll be doing.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3499 posts
1688 upvotes
Mississauga
Bunyak wrote: Yeah, you can do better by not visiting Starbucks until they give you an offer you can't refuse. Last week they offered me 225 stars on three purchases.
I got the same offer too last week!

I'm kind of conflicted by what I should do. I'm 50 points away from another year of Gold but if I make one purchase, I get another year automatically, so it feels like a waste when I should be getting two years instead one.

Honestly, Starbucks sends me so many promotions through my inbox, that it almost becomes ridiculous. I have amassed about 6-7 free drinks on my account and it's hard to use them on stuff like Frappucino's when you're trying not to get fat and you know that these points are going to expire soon lol.
Apr 7, 2012
824 posts
847 upvotes
gta
input wrote: I got the same offer too last week!

I'm kind of conflicted by what I should do. I'm 50 points away from another year of Gold but if I make one purchase, I get another year automatically, so it feels like a waste when I should be getting two years instead one.

Honestly, Starbucks sends me so many promotions through my inbox, that it almost becomes ridiculous. I have amassed about 6-7 free drinks on my account and it's hard to use them on stuff like Frappucino's when you're trying not to get fat and you know that these points are going to expire soon lol.
points dont expire any more, and you can always redeem on one of those lunch protien boxes.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3499 posts
1688 upvotes
Mississauga
navyblue wrote: points dont expire any more, and you can always redeem on one of those lunch protien boxes.
I just read the new Terms & Conditions:

"After you earn three hundred (300) Stars in a 12-month period, you reach the “Gold Level” and your Star balance is reset to zero (0). Any Stars, including fractional Stars, earned after reaching the Gold Level expire six (6) months after the calendar month in which they earned unless prohibited by law. For example, if you earn Stars on May 5, 2017, they will expire on December 1, 2017, unless otherwise required by law."

BLESSSSS. ONTARIO #1, LOL.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you have to load credits and order through the app? Or just buy in store and let them scan the QR code and pay by credit card?
Aug 23, 2010
630 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
er34er34 wrote: Do you have to load credits and order through the app? Or just buy in store and let them scan the QR code and pay by credit card?
Fine print from the email I received:

*Some restrictions apply. At participating stores. See Starbucks.ca/terms for details. Make a qualifying purchase from 7/20/17 to 7/31/17 at a participating Starbucks® store and receive Gold status for a year. Must pay with your registered Starbucks Card/App. Excludes alcohol and Starbucks Card purchases. Offer valid for one time use. This offer is exclusive to you and this Starbucks RewardsTM/MC account, and cannot be reproduced, transferred or used by anyone else.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1712 posts
647 upvotes
Do you still get free flavor with a card?
Aug 23, 2010
630 posts
562 upvotes
GTA
jg123 wrote: Do you still get free flavor with a card?
Negative. If you're talking about free flavour shots/syrup. They stopped offering that around 5 years ago.
Aug 7, 2016
119 posts
98 upvotes
Burlington
theflyingsquirrel wrote: What good does it do being gold? I was gold before and it doesn't do change anything for me.
Your stars will go towards rewards vs. towards gold. It takes 300 stars to get gold and they disappear once you turn gold. Starbucks sometimes has star dashes that are decent like other commenters have said, like make any 3 purchases get 150 stars. One reward is 125 stars. Aka make 3 purchases get 1 drink free. Worth keeping around in case they have some good ones like that.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3499 posts
1688 upvotes
Mississauga
theflyingsquirrel wrote: What good does it do being gold? I was gold before and it doesn't do change anything for me.
All the Green Level benefits, plus:

- Rewards - Free drink or food every time you collect 125 Stars

- Monthly Double-Star Days

- A personalized Gold Card

Basically, you buy food, collect points and get free food, so if you like Frapps, you're set.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3499 posts
1688 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anybody gotten some sort of email or indication signifying that you've completed the offer? I bought a drink yesterday (31st) but I'm not sure that the extra year of gold was applied to my account.
Banned
Feb 19, 2013
289 posts
534 upvotes
Toronto
input wrote: Has anybody gotten some sort of email or indication signifying that you've completed the offer? I bought a drink yesterday (31st) but I'm not sure that the extra year of gold was applied to my account.
It showed on the app a couple of hours after, also got an email this mornign.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3499 posts
1688 upvotes
Mississauga
guptasulabh7 wrote: It showed on the app a couple of hours after, also got an email this mornign.
Interesting. I'll probably shoot them an email if haven't gotten anything by the end of the day. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
9183 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
input wrote: Has anybody gotten some sort of email or indication signifying that you've completed the offer? I bought a drink yesterday (31st) but I'm not sure that the extra year of gold was applied to my account.
I got an email a couple of days after one purchase.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2003
1142 posts
288 upvotes
Markham
MODS : This post should be moved to expired deals as its August and this ended July 31, 2017
Sandviper

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)