None
[OP]
Banned
Jul 20, 2012
209 posts
107 upvotes
Montreal

Starbucks Gold Card for $00.30!!

A little scheme if you have the patience for it to get a Starbucks Gold Card for thirty cents. Go to a Starbucks when it's not busy, use your old or get a new giftcard. Register it online. Then, ask the teller (make sure it's not busy!!!) to weight a single whole bean and price it. Pay for it. Should be about one cent. Do it thirty times, and voila!, you have a Gold Card! :)
33 replies
[OP]
Banned
Jul 20, 2012
209 posts
107 upvotes
Montreal
"Starbucks Rewards benefits are determined based on the number of “Visits” you make and the number of “Stars” that you earn through your Visits. A “Visit” for purposes of My Starbucks Rewards™ means each time you use your activated, registered Starbucks Card to pay for a transaction at a participating Starbucks store in Canada. You will receive one (1) “Star” for each Visit. You can use any Starbucks Card registered to your starbucks.ca account to earn Stars for your Visits."

http://www.starbucks.ca/card/rewards/re ... -ts-and-cs
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6030 posts
581 upvotes
SW Ontario
Did they actually do it for you? Lol

Guess it won't be long now before they impose a minimum purchase to get a star.

Edit

From them on its only 15 cents for a free drink.
Banned
Jun 30, 2012
513 posts
21 upvotes
hahaha this is a good idea, I will try this one. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24000 posts
8968 upvotes
Toronto
wow. Do you think you can be banned from that Starbuck for pulling that stunt, per se ?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
2698 posts
77 upvotes
Etobicoke
booblehead wrote:
Jul 27th, 2012 3:55 pm
wow. Do you think you can be banned from that Starbuck for pulling that stunt, per se ?
why would you get banned? it's up to the barista to weight it or not. if anything, they're the ones who should take the heat
[OP]
Banned
Jul 20, 2012
209 posts
107 upvotes
Montreal
So, I've been testing this out. It seems that it's way easier to just ask them to key in 0.001 rather than get them to weigh it as the scale is not very sensitive. I've tried four different places now, one store it came in as 1c, the other 2c. The other two stores told me they could not key in such a small amount... Lies! Anyways, will be close to thirty by Sunday!
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2751 posts
363 upvotes
Vancouver
Kingofhearts wrote:
Jul 27th, 2012 4:12 pm
So, I've been testing this out. It seems that it's way easier to just ask them to key in 0.001 rather than get them to weigh it as the scale is not very sensitive. I've tried four different places now, one store it came in as 1c, the other 2c. The other two stores told me they could not key in such a small amount... Lies! Anyways, will be close to thirty by Sunday!
lol good for you OP. i see you're in ottawa and i know there aren't that many starbucks around. have you been going to the same starbucks on a rotating basis? any weird looks?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6806 posts
564 upvotes
Is a gold card really that important? I get that you get the occasional free drink, but common, to this extent?
Dec 4, 2009
83 posts
15 upvotes
The gold card is thicker/sturdier than my MBNA credit cards.

But you,re supposed to get a free drink every ten stars after you have the card. U could presumably do this after you have the card for free drinks as well. The downside is that they send you the free drink coupons in the mail. I wonder when they will be able to keep track via the card itself.

Is you free drink credited to you automatically when you pay by card in the USA?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6030 posts
581 upvotes
SW Ontario
yyyyy wrote:
Jul 28th, 2012 12:20 am
The gold card is thicker/sturdier than my MBNA credit cards.

But you,re supposed to get a free drink every ten stars after you have the card. U could presumably do this after you have the card for free drinks as well. The downside is that they send you the free drink coupons in the mail. I wonder when they will be able to keep track via the card itself.

Is you free drink credited to you automatically when you pay by card in the USA?
If by ten you mean fifteen stars, then yes, correct. I think the us is the same for the free drink. We've had some of our free birthday drinks not arrive in the past few years. I wonder how many disappear at the postal sorting plant. I wish they would at least check your name or show your card or something. At least they are good about sending replacements.

I can't imagine how much some people probably abuse this program. You could have multiple cards with various birthdays (fake names) and get many free drinks a year.
[OP]
Banned
Jul 20, 2012
209 posts
107 upvotes
Montreal
litebrite wrote:
Jul 27th, 2012 10:40 pm
lol good for you OP. i see you're in ottawa and i know there aren't that many starbucks around. have you been going to the same starbucks on a rotating basis? any weird looks?
I'll just be walking, if I see a store, I'll pop in for a moment and get as many as they will let me. Had one supervisor today do 15 transactions! I am at 30 now, got the status with a total combined work time of about 1 hour. So, I'm pleased! It's good for me because I will be flying on about 30 flights this year, so picking up some nice sugary drinks for free will be good!