Expired Hot Deals

[Starbucks] Starbucks Reusable Cups -- $1.00!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2013 1:58 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 3, 2008
308 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto

[Starbucks] Starbucks Reusable Cups -- $1.00!

Started today in-store in U.S. and Canadian locations. It also nets you .10 cents off your coffee each time you use a reusable cup.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article ... cups-for-1
109 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1964 posts
418 upvotes
Vancouver
Good idea, though I wonder if the lid is the same as those disposable ones in stores. My guess is its the same.
Oct 5, 2012
105 posts
74 upvotes
N/A
usually rubber tho
libballeng wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:06 pm
Good idea, though I wonder if the lid is the same as those disposable ones in stores. My guess is its the same.
Oct 17, 2004
476 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked one up. Plastic cup is kind of thin so you will need the cardboard sleeve since it gets hot. The lid is plastic not disposable.
Aug 8, 2007
410 posts
36 upvotes
I was at Starbucks today and saw the cup.

What was interesting about it was the girl said it'll last about a month - the Star should've mentioned that.
Dec 19, 2008
741 posts
135 upvotes
I didn't see these in-store yet. Anyone get one?

Edit: thanks, above poster
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2046 posts
785 upvotes
Woodbridge
The word Mug makes it seem like a Ceramic Mug. Not hot . Even with 10c off you still paying 5$for a coffee
Go Big or Go Home! , Chi Chi Get the Yayo!
Jul 20, 2006
68 posts
7 upvotes
libballeng wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:06 pm
Hey libballeng, I picked up the cup today. It also comes with a sturdy re-usable lid. What else is good is that the cup is a grande size and fits the grande disposable lid incase you don't want to use the re-usable lid.
In addition, the cup and lid are BPA free but only the cup is microwave safe, but not the the lid. If they write your drink on your cup make sure they use the china marker (grease pencil) coz you can wipe it off if you get another drink.
For $1 you can't go wrong. Get 10 drinks and it pays for itself!
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
308 posts
170 upvotes
Toronto
cronichead wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:16 pm
The word Mug makes it seem like a Ceramic Mug. Not hot . Even with 10c off you still paying 5$for a coffee
I agree. I definitely regret using the word "mug" based on what has been said subsequently. Alas, I can't edit the header, so you'll have to accept my apologies... I agree it's deceptive.
Nov 14, 2004
24 posts
4 upvotes
Simcoe
While I'm not crazy about starbucks, a Coffee there is about 20 cents more than turd horton's. You are thinking of a caramel cream non-fat extra ***** latte or whatever. Compare apples to apples guy
Dec 19, 2008
741 posts
135 upvotes
cronichead wrote:
a tall coffee with use of a reusable cup is $1.84. If you are a Starbucks gold member, you get a free drink with every 12 purchases. With that free drink, I usually order a venti quad shot something or other that is worth $7-$8 :)
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2008
4962 posts
942 upvotes
Montreal
jmeggs wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2013 2:18 pm
I agree. I definitely regret using the word "mug" based on what has been said subsequently. Alas, I can't edit the header, so you'll have to accept my apologies... I agree it's deceptive.
click "go advanced" when you edit the post. This way, you will be able to edit the header.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
1964 posts
418 upvotes
Vancouver
deeblue wrote:
Hey libballeng, I picked up the cup today. It also comes with a sturdy re-usable lid. What else is good is that the cup is a grande size and fits the grande disposable lid incase you don't want to use the re-usable lid.
In addition, the cup and lid are BPA free but only the cup is microwave safe, but not the the lid. If they write your drink on your cup make sure they use the china marker (grease pencil) coz you can wipe it off if you get another drink.
For $1 you can't go wrong. Get 10 drinks and it pays for itself!
True for $1 its a good thing, but from what dp99ag said it lasts a month. I guess for a month's usage its a good deal. Though a ceramic mug would be much better.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2340 posts
163 upvotes
Canada
This is an amazing price for this cup. If you want to have a protein drink every morning at home, to buy a VEGA brand sport drink shaker would be $10.00. To buy this would be 10% of that, granted the VEGA protein shaker has 1 sample, but that doesn't matter...! Of course, it's also for the gym, this is great for home use.
× < >