Hot Deals

[Starbucks] [Starbucks] January unlimited hot brewed coffee or tea bag, tumbler 49.95

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 6:06 pm
Member
Apr 24, 2013
271 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
$50??? wtf? Are you for real posting this?
Member
Apr 23, 2013
276 posts
103 upvotes
soymilkslam wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 8:54 pm
How / do they bother to track how many times you use it? I have three locations within walking distance

Do they track the cup somehow or can I share the cup with family members?
There is a digital counter on the cup. They have a special reader to read the number every time you get a refill
.
Sr. Member
Aug 27, 2008
587 posts
345 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know if these can be used across the border? I'll be in the states until the first weekend in January. It would be worth it if I can start using it right away.
Newbie
Sep 22, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
EdwardGamma wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:26 pm
There is a digital counter on the cup. They have a special reader to read the number every time you get a refill
So the value in the tumblers depends mainly on the baristas not doing their job, and if Starbucks cracks down, they need to be used everyday to save money?
Newbie
Jan 11, 2016
63 posts
27 upvotes
Peterborough
NepeanDeals wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 7:45 am
So the value in the tumblers depends mainly on the baristas not doing their job, and if Starbucks cracks down, they need to be used everyday to save money?
To save money I think you'd have to use it 7 or 8 times per day considering a cup of coffee at home is about 10-15 cents
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 7, 2007
1899 posts
417 upvotes
Edmonton
EdwardGamma wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:26 pm
There is a digital counter on the cup. They have a special reader to read the number every time you get a refill
Lol
Sr. Member
Jan 5, 2011
808 posts
562 upvotes
Scarborough
Does the caffe misto qualify and how would adding other syrups/sauces work?
Sr. Member
Jan 5, 2006
975 posts
932 upvotes
no.every store has one camera which connected all NA. it detect by your face to know if you order one one per day. of course.get your coworker works.

EdwardGamma wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:26 pm
There is a digital counter on the cup. They have a special reader to read the number every time you get a refill
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
2106 posts
342 upvotes
Montreal
hmm just for coffee and tea this is cold... what with the hype over this lol
Jr. Member
Mar 30, 2017
198 posts
87 upvotes
$50 make the coffee coldNeutral Face

a few rainy days will make it a loss
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 19, 2010
4451 posts
1957 upvotes
Mississauga
If you KNOW you're at least buying a tall coffee for $2.05/day (some weekends too), then this is worth it.

This is a 'deal' that's only as hot as the number of times you'll be drinking hot coffee out of it.
Last edited by Said212 on Dec 4th, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Sep 14, 2015
991 posts
412 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
This year the tumbler looks ugly... last year they had a good looking metal tumbler
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 25, 2009
3455 posts
935 upvotes
Moncton
A tumbler with the Starbucks logo should be worth $0 or less. On the other hand we pay handsomely for branded sneakers and cars, so perhaps that’s not the way it works.

Sticking to objectivity, keep in mind in Ontario and BC this deal is worth 8% and 7% less, as there is no provincial sales tax on hot coffee but there is on metal tumblers.

In Ontario, 22 visits would be required at Grande prices, 28 at (free refill) Tall prices (if you are really cheap, you can also get free refills on their 10cent cheaper short size).
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 13, 2004
11211 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
When your argument starts that tumblers should be free if they have a logo, so should all running shoes, t-shirts, cars--the list is long.

The argument that something is worth less where there is no similar tax is upside down and applies to every taxable item there is.

Finally, the specific argument about 22 coffees/teas is spot on, except you get to keep using the tumbler as long as you keep it in good condition. I still use the one from 2 years ago; last year's however was hideous and Christmas-y. This year's looks great and I'll keep using it after the free period is over, for the foreseeable.

MonctonMan wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 6:11 pm
A tumbler with the Starbucks logo should be worth $0 or less. On the other hand we pay handsomely for branded sneakers and cars, so perhaps that’s not the way it works.

Sticking to objectivity, keep in mind in Ontario and BC this deal is worth 8% and 7% less, as there is no provincial sales tax on hot coffee but there is on metal tumblers.

In Ontario, 22 visits would be required at Grande prices, 28 at (free refill) Tall prices (if you are really cheap, you can also get free refills on their 10cent cheaper short size).

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)