Expired Hot Deals

[Starbucks] [Targeted] Buy a food or drink item, get your drink free next time. (2x Offers, Updated)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2018 3:32 am
[OP]
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
105 upvotes
Canada Eh?

[Starbucks] [Targeted] Buy a food or drink item, get your drink free next time. (2x Offers, Updated)

Targeted.

Update #1: Adding a second offer that came in late in the evening of July 5.

Offer #1
Come in July 6 – 8 and purchase your favourite drink or bite to eat, and we'll load a coupon for a free handcrafted drink to your account within 24 hours.*

Your free drink coupon will be valid for 7 days after it's loaded to your account. This coupon will be automatically loaded onto your account. Tell your barista you'd like to redeem your free drink, or apply it when you order ahead with your registered Starbucks Card in the Starbucks® app.

Enjoy this offer once.

*At participating Starbucks® stores. Some restrictions apply. See starbucks.ca/terms for details.

Make a purchase with your registered Starbucks Card or your registered Starbucks Card in your app from 7/6/18-7/8/18 at a participating Starbucks® store and receive a coupon for a free handcrafted beverage. Excludes bottled beverages and alcohol. Not valid on purchases of alcohol. Your coupon will automatically be loaded to your account within 24 hours of a qualifying purchase. Coupon good for seven (7) days from date loaded onto account and valid for one-time use. Mobile Order & Pay may not be available at all locations. This offer is exclusive to you and this Starbucks RewardsTM/MC account, and cannot be reproduced, transferred or used by anyone else.
Offer #2: Only valid for July 6 after 2pm. Espresso Beverages Only.
Get one free when you buy an espresso beverage, size grande or larger
Friday, July 6,
starting at 2 p.m.

This offer has already been loaded to your account. Apply it when you order ahead or tell your barista you'd like to redeem.

Offer valid 7/6/18 only after 2 p.m. at participating Starbucks® stores in Canada. Buy a grande or larger espresso beverage, get one of equal or lesser value free. Offer excludes hot and iced brewed coffee, bottled beverages, Starbucks Reserve® beverages, Frappuccino® blended beverages and smoothies. Mobile Order and Pay may not be available at all locations. Code valid for one-time use.
Last edited by pseudosammich on Jul 5th, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8079 posts
883 upvotes
I didn’t get any email about this. I’m guessing it is targeted.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 19, 2007
778 posts
415 upvotes
Definitely targeted. My wife got the email, and the only email I got was a 50 star dash for 5 purchases within 2 days.
Jun 16, 2007
779 posts
214 upvotes
is anybody else sick of reading a great deal title only to get disappointed again when they get to the word [Targeted]? this happens at least once a week.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3938 posts
1893 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes.. I don't see the need to post targeted offers. If you're targeted you get an email about it.

*yawn*

Ron.
Jun 5, 2017
32 posts
43 upvotes
Received this targeted email this morning and so did other half.

Friend advised they received one regarding Summer Star Dash July 6 - July 8 (3 purchases - 20 Bonus Stars, 5 purchases - 50 Bonus Stars)
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1381 posts
759 upvotes
Targetted deals always get side tracked by these discussions about whether or not they should be posted as a hot deal. As long as OP is indicating in the title that it is YMMV or targetted, what more can you ask for? As has been mentioned many times in these threads, not everyone that gets these targetted offers is aware of it - for instance, if they don't open all their emails or the email ends up in the spam folder. I have not been aware of several offers that I was targetted for until I saw it posted on RFD and went back and opened the email or checked my junk mail.

Just because you don't get the offer does not mean its not a hot deal. It may not be for you but thats why OP has clearly indicated it is targetted.

Thanks OP. Upvoted.
Jan 2, 2018
393 posts
329 upvotes
They always have this deal and it's always for random users. I appreciate it because I have 5 accounts so it's worth it to check them all.
[OP]
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
105 upvotes
Canada Eh?
Updated with second targeted offer that just came in.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1130 posts
711 upvotes
British Columbia
I got the offer.

I appreciate the thread because I may not check my e-mail. Or if it's targeted I can ask if someone I know may have received it even if I did not.

Plus, I tend to forget e-mails. If I see it here I'm more likely to remember.

A huge majority of "hot deals" are extremely YMMV; such as all clearance deals (Costco, Staples, WalMart, etc.) or even region specific. Heck you could live in the middle of nowhere and thus most deals are irrelevant to you.
Jan 3, 2008
273 posts
94 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can you use "offer #2" to trigger "offer #1"?
[OP]
Jun 29, 2015
156 posts
105 upvotes
Canada Eh?
brendon wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 10:43 pm
That's what I'm wondering as well. I have no idea. But I'll try it out today and see what happens. Good thing is offer 1 doesn't expire until 7/8.
Jan 2, 2018
393 posts
329 upvotes
brendon wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 10:43 pm
I have done it before, it works.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
7580 posts
4106 upvotes
North York
Only got Offer #2. Ordered Double Shot on Ice (5 espresso shots by default!).
Forgot that macchiato counts as espresso, would have ordered that instead.
Oh well, next time. Thanks OP!